Player Discussion Hunter 'Just Needs Poirier' Shinkaruk

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
PPG is actually quite good considering his team and more importantly NCAA Division.

The Friars are a very defensive team granted but if Janko is going to be a 1st or 2nd line center most scouts would expect more regardless of his team or the competition.

I am NOT saying Janko is crap and has no potential. I just am trying to look through those rose tinted glasses as carefully as possible.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
But this isn't a Janko thread. It's about our new shiny toy in Shinkaruk! (spelling?)

I'm excited to have him. After the Flames moved Sven and Gaudreau moved to the NHL, our wing depth has been absolutely horrendous. Good to replenish the cupboard with a kid that might have some good upside. His speed's great and his scoring's elite. Excellent add in my opinion to a fairly unimpressive cupboard.

More importantly to me is his play style matches Calgary's better... Watched him in the WHL and I still marvel how fast his hands are. I can't wait to see him in the NHL.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
But this isn't a Janko thread. It's about our new shiny toy in Shinkaruk! (spelling?)

Sooner or later every thread becomes a Janko thread, silly :laugh:

BTW, I'm glad someone else listed Mangiapane as a more exciting prospect than Shinkaruk because I was afraid people might take exception to that, so I refrained from saying it. But Mangiapane is a better CHL player than Shinkaruk was and plays a more complete game, IMO. Anyway, that's just my opinion. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Sooner or later every thread becomes a Janko thread, silly :laugh:

BTW, I'm glad someone else listed Mangiapane as a more exciting prospect than Shinkaruk because I was afraid people would take offence to that if I did it, so I refrained. But Mangiapane is a better CHL player than Shinkaruk was and plays a more complete game, IMO. Anyway, that's just my opinion. We'll see what happens.

Comparing a player from the OHL to the WHL is almost impossible. Historically the WHL is more defensive in nature. Larger players and the disparity between the have's and have not's isn't as large.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->