Humble Pie Requirements for Brady Tkachuk's NHL Performance

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Mission accomplished.
I'm very happy with Brady but I'd still easily take Dobson or Hughes over him. Dobson/Chabot would have been a legit tandem to build a team around.

As great as Tkachuk is, I'd trade him in an instant for a top 5 pick in 2019 or for legit #1D prospect like the other 2.

Was impressed more with how BT closed out the year more than anything. I was leery of the hot start, with the team having the high shooting percentage and generally out performing their projections and general ability and hin playing with the team's best player. But Stone left, guys like Demelo and Tierney faded quick, the team remained a complete gong show but Brady was even more noticable, producing and being more annoying than ever.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
fwJBc0.jpg

I'm kinda surprised at these results

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
fwJBc0.jpg

I'm kinda surprised at these results
I'm not!

Brady is a player that I felt you can build around. His style of player is a dying breed. We have a lot of nice players now. Really nice. Maybe too nice. This kid plays HOCKEY. And what we saw is what I hoped. He is going to be a major arsehole , but he will be our arsehole.

As much as I was wrong about White, I am glad I was right about Tkachuk.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm not!

Brady is a player that I felt you can build around. His style of player is a dying breed. We have a lot of nice players now. Really nice. Maybe too nice. This kid plays HOCKEY. And what we saw is what I hoped. He is going to be a major ******** , but he will be our ********.

As much as I was wrong about White, I am glad I was right about Tkachuk.

So you are not surprised the majority of those answering the poll would rather have an 18% chance at #1 his year. I was surprised that Brady didn't get more support in this poll.

Reactions: Clayonator

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So you are not surprised the majority of those answering the poll would rather have an 18% chance at #1 his year. I was surprised that Brady didn't get more support in this poll.
Not at all. It is dumb for sure, but I expected that type of reaction.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I dont watch too much junior hockey,save the WJC ...So I took adavantage of the great group of guys we have here that are in the know ...SOA,Bondra are my goto sources....But there are others

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

You have to expect that from most fans. What LONG suffering Ottawa fans see with Tkachuk is something we've been longing for for a long, long time. A big dude who makes opposing teams crazy while showing 20-30 + goal skill.

Reactions: coladin

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
You have to expect that from most fans. What LONG suffering Ottawa fans see with Tkachuk is something we've been longing for for a long, long time. A big dude who makes opposing teams crazy while showing 20-30 + goal skill.
He is the guy we needed against those pesky leafs so long ago in the playoffs,you need these guys...Glad we have him

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
He is the guy we needed against those pesky leafs so long ago in the playoffs,you need these guys...Glad we have him

Yes. However...it would be great if we had Alfie and Spez and Chara right now WITH Tkachuk. Without the high end skill, does Tkachuk not have as big an impact? Who knows I guess.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yes. However...it would be great if we had Alfie and Spez and Chara right now WITH Tkachuk. Without the high end skill, does Tkachuk not have as big an impact? Who knows I guess.
Oh for sure,and he is what this blueline lacks a big mean defender that can play in any situation...We dont have one of those either

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If this poll were done at the beginning of the year, it would have been a landslide in favor of the 18% chance. Brady worked hard for each one of those votes.

If the poll was ... would you rather have a top 3 pick vs Tkachuk .. I could see the votes against Tkachuk.. but this is 18% at 1OA ... thats 82% chance of not getting 1OA vs a player that has shown he realistically can be a franchise winger/player that brings on hell of a lot of both tangibles and intangibles to the lineup. Not a big deal ... It is what it is.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If the poll was ... would you rather have a top 3 pick vs Tkachuk .. I could see the votes against Tkachuk.. but this is 18% at 1OA ... thats 82% chance of not getting 1OA vs a player that has shown he realistically can be a franchise winger/player that brings on hell of a lot of both tangibles and intangibles to the lineup. Not a big deal ... It is what it is.

Well sure, but if you have an 18.5% chance at the 1st pick it also means you have a 40.5% chance at a top-three pick (and a 100% chance at a top-four pick). It's still comparing Brady to the absolute top end of the draft.

I'm very happy with Brady and probably take him over anyone not named Hughes/Kakko, but I don't think it's crazy for people to consider the 3rd/4th pick a better asset than BT at this stage either.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah, a player like that is very rare unfortunately. I still miss Big Z.
The only time where we were in trouble being close to the cap ceiling,and boy did that cost us..Chara,Hossa,Havlat....Wish the cap was 80 million instead of the 50 something it was back then

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well sure, but if you have an 18.5% chance at the 1st pick it also means you have a 40.5% chance at a top-three pick (and a 100% chance at a top-four pick). It's still comparing Brady to the absolute top end of the draft.

I'm very happy with Brady and probably take him over anyone not named Hughes/Kakko, but I don't think it's crazy for people to consider the 3rd/4th pick a better asset than BT at this stage either.

Sure the top 4 looks pretty good to me as well. Top 2 would be close to a no brainer... at 3 or 4 you get an excellent prospect .. I am glad we have Tkachuk but it would be really special to have him and a top 4 in this draft. The trade for Duchene was so incredibly hurtful to this franchise, as fun as he was to watch for the past 2 seasons .. It was a dagger. I doubt the Sens would select Podkolzin but Cozens or Dach would be incredible adds.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The only time where we were in trouble being close to the cap ceiling,and boy did that cost us..Chara,Hossa,Havlat....Wish the cap was 80 million instead of the 50 something it was back then

Yep. Plus the asshole thing of signing and trading Hossa wasn't good Karma for keeping Z at the time. And we mismanaged the cap if I recall. It was new to everyone, including Muckler unfortunately.

Reactions: topshelf15

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Sure the top 4 looks pretty good to me as well. Top 2 would be close to a no brainer... at 3 or 4 you get an excellent prospect .. I am glad we have Tkachuk but it would be really special to have him and a top 4 in this draft. The trade for Duchene was so incredibly hurtful to this franchise, as fun as he was to watch for the past 2 seasons .. It was a dagger. I doubt the Sens would select Podkolzin but Cozens or Dach would be incredible adds.

What a shame that trade didn't work out, because in all honestly Dorion did the right thing. He wanted a huge upgrade from Turris and he paid Turris and the 1st (plus small other pieces) in hopes that Duchene could lift us up to perennial contender. Everything was fine, Duchene was excellent here, but we floundered and everything went to hell. Again, what a shame. It really shouldn't have gone like that, but I think we as fans need to shake it off and get moving forward, because everytime I think of having Tkachuk and Hughes, I want to throw up.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Those are the exact two guys I would have targeted with our pick if we had it. Would help hedge against a guy like Brown busting as well (I'm sure we'll still take someone in this mold, but it looks like it'll be in 2020 instead).

I know we were both high on BT going back to the pre-draft process (on a bit of an island together for awhile there in that regard :laugh: ) but I also think it's clear that there are 5-6 guys in this draft who COULD be in the same tier (at least) as Tkachuk, and I don't blame 58% of people (or whatever the poll is at now) for wanting the pick this year given we know it's top-four.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Every time I see Boedker Iam angry as well,and I wasnt even Hoffy,s biggest fans..... But freaken Boedker!!!! TAKE THE DAMN PICKS YOU FOOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->