Hull storms out of practise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

High flyin' Habs*

``I don't give a (deleted) about the fans anymore,'' said Hull.

I understand your frustrated but what did the fans do to you??

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
ehc73 said:
Hull's actions have spoken louder than his words. He didn't bother to stick around to shake hands after a game, instead chose to pout on the bench. That shows poor sportsmanship. He storms out before practice finishes because his poor play relegates him to the pressbox. That shows him putting himself before the team. Wilson has every right to bench Hull after his antics, and Hull acting like a baby about it doesn't help things.
Hull is a goal scorer, that's his game. But if the puck's not going in, you have to find other ways to contribute. Lemieux hasn't scored a goal, yet he has found ways to help out in the defensive end and has gone after pucks when they are loose. Hull? He refuses to pay the price to get the puck out and decides to float during the games in order to get that perfect pass for his one-timer. He's one of the veterans on the team. So much for leadership, and so much for putting the team first.
Hull needs a reality check, and Wilson's giving him one.

A very fair, and unfortunately very realistic look at the way things have unfolded with Hull at the World Cup.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I was just watching a TSN clip on this situation, and Glenn Healy makes the comment that the U.S. NEEDS Brett Hull to have any chance of winning? Has he even watched the past three games? Brett Hull sitting might be one of the reasons we do win!

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
"I don't give a *bleep* about the fans any more."

I didn't know this guy even have (or used to have) any fans, but he sure doesn't deserve to have any. Old bitter cranky whiner.

ChowsBaby21

Jul 2, 2002
Never never land
Visit site
Macman said:
To say Heatley is German and Regehr is Brazilian is like saying I'm French because I like their food. Both were born in those countries to Canadian parents working briefly there. That makes them Canadian citizens.

The Hull thing is a lot different.

I hate Hull just as much if not more than everyone on here, but the Hull thing is NOT a lot different. His Dad is Canadian, his Mom is American, Brett has dual citizanship. Not only did Canada not want him, but his mother pretty much raised him as his parent were divorced when Brett was young so he was raised by the American parent. The only way he could be considered a traitor would be if he started off playing for the Canadian National team then decided he wanted to play for the Americans instead or vice versa so drop the traitor stuff because there is NO case for it.

rulin

Jan 30, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
I was just watching a TSN clip on this situation, and Glenn Healy makes the comment that the U.S. NEEDS Brett Hull to have any chance of winning? Has he even watched the past three games? Brett Hull sitting might be one of the reasons we do win!
Healy's a moron. Whenever he starts talking, you should scream/sing as loud as you possibly can, so you won't lose any brain cells by having to listen to him.

And, ehc73, nicely put. :handclap:

HABitual

Mar 1, 2002
Kirkland Lake, Ontar
Visit site
pavel datsyuk said:
I find it funny that all of these canadian posters are calling Hull a traitor.

The 3rd leading goal scorer of all time was never selected by any junior program in Canada to represent his country, and was shut out for many years. Since he had never been selected by Canada, and also since he barely ever lived in canada, he decided to play for the US.

Now, Call Dany Heatley a traitor....he should be playing for the German team right? He was Born in West Germany, January 21st 1981.

Or how about Robyn Regehr?....Born in Brazil?

Czech Republic wants Petr Nedved back.

When one of "your own" doesn't want to play for Canada you call him a traitor, but nothing is said about the other players Canada has that aren't born in Canada.

On the topic of the comments, Hull's comments were not good. He should never say that he doesn'tareabout the fans.

So we should just be like good little Canadians and just shut up eh? Uh take over hoster :shakehead

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
HABitual said:
So we should just be like good little Canadians and just shut up eh? Uh take over hoster :shakehead

I think the Brett Hull "traitor" issue has been beat to death, so yeah, maybe *you* should shut it.

LuckyLUC20

Aug 16, 2003
Somewhere in So-Cal
www.facebook.com
ehc73 said:
Hull's actions have spoken louder than his words. He didn't bother to stick around to shake hands after a game, instead chose to pout on the bench. That shows poor sportsmanship. He storms out before practice finishes because his poor play relegates him to the pressbox. That shows him putting himself before the team. Wilson has every right to bench Hull after his antics, and Hull acting like a baby about it doesn't help things.
Hull is a goal scorer, that's his game. But if the puck's not going in, you have to find other ways to contribute. Lemieux hasn't scored a goal, yet he has found ways to help out in the defensive end and has gone after pucks when they are loose. Hull? He refuses to pay the price to get the puck out and decides to float during the games in order to get that perfect pass for his one-timer. He's one of the veterans on the team. So much for leadership, and so much for putting the team first.
Hull needs a reality check, and Wilson's giving him one.
Exactly...

Last season, I don't know if anybody remembers this, but Andy Murray benched Luc Robitaille for about 3 straight games because he was very unproductive and wasn't doing anything to help the team. Imagine that, the highest scoring left winger benched... we had just lost Ziggy for the year, Martin Straka had just gotten injured... so Luc was upset, he was angry, pissed off... But the difference between he and Hull is that Luc didn't throw a fit. He didn't say what Hull said. He didn't storm out of practice before the team. He went to practice everyday, worked hard, sat in the press box and talked with Murray (behind closed doors). To this day, he is probably still sour about that time.. but he knows that it's a part of the sport and coaches have to make big decisions like this. He took it like a MAN.. a true professional.

When Luc came back from beind benched, he scored like 7 points in the next 5 games. This showed the team, that if Luc Robitaille could get benched, then anybody on the team can get benched.. doesn't matter what your name is. If you don't pick it up, you're next. It definitely sparked the team, not to mention Luc.

Macman

May 15, 2004
ChowsBaby21 said:
I hate Hull just as much if not more than everyone on here, but the Hull thing is NOT a lot different. His Dad is Canadian, his Mom is American, Brett has dual citizanship.

I personally could care less who Hull plays for and he has every right to represent whoever he wants, but it is a lot different than the Heatley and Regehr situations. Hull has ties to Canada beyond just being born here. He lived here for years, played hockey here and would have played for Canada had he been asked. Heatley and Regehr have no ties whatsoever to Germany or Brazil on than the fact they happened to be born there.

Rod Langway was born in Taiwan. That doesn't make him Chinese.

Last edited:

roast

Mar 3, 2004
Pittsburgh
The reality is he is an older player who is not preforming to his or the coaches expectation and he is pissed off about it, probably because its his final international tournament. If you are getting all bent out of shape because he said ****, you need to relax. Fans of the USA, this is pretty much common in the NFL, so i am not surprised by this reaction at all. :joker:

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Its not so much that he made the comment "I dont care about the f'n fans" b/c it was in the heat of the moment, but the fact that he cant handle being benched is what gets to me...I wanna see Hull say that he hasnt produced **** since the tournament started and the best thing for team is that he's off the ice right now...let him go home and add more fuel to fire to the crap thats surronded this team recently...Wilson has had player issues like this when he was in DC so I'm not sure if he's got in a hand in Hull's freak out but you really got to give Wilson credit for showing the courage to bench a player of Hull's caliber whether the guy is producing or not

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Well Hull...I'm sick of paying your salary. Bad time to be making comments like that. I'd expect so much more from a veteran. Just glad he's not Team Canada material anymore. :shakehead

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
roast said:
The reality is he is an older player who is not preforming to his or the coaches expectation and he is pissed off about it, probably because its his final international tournament.
This is not Hull's first International Tournament.

puck swami

Apr 29, 2004
I'm sick and tired of the "Traitor" crap, too. Brett was Born in Belleville, Ontario and spent most of his early youth in Chicago, playing youth hockey there. After his parents divorce, Brett went to live with his American mother in of all places, Vancouver (is she a traitor?). Then Brett went to play College Hockey in Duluth, Minnesota, and he's played in the USA for 95% of his pro hockey career since then.

In 1986, the World Championships were coming up. Canadian National coach Dave King took a pass on Hull for Team Canada, as Brett was finishing his college hockey career at Minnesota-Duluth. Since Hull was a dual citizen, USA Coach Dave Peterson offered Brett a spot on the US National Team. Hull wanted to play and develop his career, and spurned by Canada, he decided to play for the USA, and has been loyal to the USA program ever since, since it was loyal to him. Hardly the behavior of a traitor if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->