Hull storms out of practise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
Canadian_man said:
Hes the same guy who reffered to Canadian hockey fans as "morons". This just adds to how much I hate his bloody guts. :mad:

My god, I hate Hull with a passion.

I agree.....this guys a moron. He's the player I hate themost. i wish he would just retire already.

thrill_me_mogilny

May 23, 2003
NYRangers said:
You Canadains can have him back. I dont know why you boo everytime he touches the puck. Take him.

We'll take him and send him to Michigan in one of those lovely trucks.

two out of three*

Enoch said:
I think he was refering to (edit), such as yourself.

This article is just an attempt to sensationalize. Brett leaves ten minutes earlier than most of his teammates do? Big freaking deal, it was likely extra practice time anyways....TSN runs articles like this from time to time, with a sensational headline with little in the way to back up the title. Count me unimpressed.

Its about the "I dont give a (bleep) about the fans anymore," not about leaving practice early. Its one thing to be mad about getting scratched, its another to say you don't care about the fans. What did the fans do wrong? Just because the guy can't cut it on Team USA its the fans fault? Why's that? But thanks for letting us know where the NHLPA really stands in the CBA negotiations. Probably none of them care about the fans, which is very depressing.

Oh, and by the way.. Leaving practice 10 minutes early is a big deal. You walk out on your teammates, and I bet you anything it wasn't "extra ice time." He still walked out, and I hope we doesn't wear the USA Jersey again in his life to be
honest. I hope the WHA goes to $hit as well, just to stick it to Brett.

edit: edited out personal attack in quote/predatore

Last edited by a moderator:

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Why do some of you Canadians fans take things so personally? The way you're acting makes it sound like Hull shot your dog.

Hull is playing poorly, Hull is upset, with a bad attitude, and Hull made a stupid comment. The coaches will either bench him or he'll pull his head out of his ass and shut and play.

ExplosiveLEAFman

Jan 6, 2004
TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us said:
Its about the "I dont give a (bleep) about the fans anymore," not about leaving practice early. Its one thing to be mad about getting scratched, its another to say you don't care about the fans. What did the fans do wrong? Just because the guy can't cut it on Team USA its the fans fault? Why's that? But thanks for letting us know where the NHLPA really stands in the CBA negotiations. Probably none of them care about the fans, which is very depressing.

Oh, and by the way.. Leaving practice 10 minutes early is a big deal. You walk out on your teammates, and I bet you anything it wasn't "extra ice time." He still walked out, and I hope we doesn't wear the USA Jersey again in his life to be honest. I hope the WHA goes to $hit as well, just to stick it to Brett.

Brett Hull leaves practice mad and after declining an interview, a reporter says "do it for the fans", he says he doesn't care about the fans and you have somehow spun that into the reality of cba negotiations? :eek:

QuickDynamite

Jul 3, 2004
Abu Dhabi
AHahahhaha! I love this. First he's rejected from Canada, now the US. Team Germany could always use him.

Hull deserves everything he got. Team USA is better off without this bitter old turncoat.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Douggy said:
I think Guerin hit the nail on the head. The guy gave reporters plenty to talk about during his career and for once he doesn't want to talk. Give him a break.

It's not the fact he is declining to comment, it's HOW he declines the comment. But apparently he really doesn't care anymore, if those consequences escape him.

Either way, during a time when hockey isn't very popular, ESPECIALLY in the United States, you don't want fans to hear they're unimportant. There's a bigger picture than just "Oh, well, he doesn't want to talk, and it's the media's fault for doing their job and trying to get as much out of him as they can."

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
While I don't think Hull's comments were tactful, I'm not surprised he's pissed off at the situation. He's a veteran who has alot of pride, and I'm sure being benched and all stings. TSN is just following a strange Canadian pattern of pointing out all that ails Brett Hull, typically throwing out the word "traitor" for good measure. All I can say is if this doesn't motivate Hull, nothing will. I fully expect him to be in the line-up in the quarters, and I think he'll be a differance maker.

ChowsBaby21

Jul 2, 2002
Never never land
Visit site
Before this whole thing with Hull not playing in the game happend my two year old boy who unfortunately loves Hull (he thinks he looks like him or something)..but anyway I took my son up to Hull to ask for an autograph and Hull's response was "I don't sign **** you're just going to sell it anyway." Give me a break Brett like a two year old really has a concept of selling anything.

Hull is a complete @$$ and needs to remember he wouldn't be doing what he does without the fans, whether he was mad or not it isn't an excuse to say stuff like that. But if you remember back to an ESPN interview he came right out and said he hated the fans so I don't think it was spur of the moment.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I find it funny that all of these canadian posters are calling Hull a traitor.

The 3rd leading goal scorer of all time was never selected by any junior program in Canada to represent his country, and was shut out for many years. Since he had never been selected by Canada, and also since he barely ever lived in canada, he decided to play for the US.

Now, Call Dany Heatley a traitor....he should be playing for the German team right? He was Born in West Germany, January 21st 1981.

Or how about Robyn Regehr?....Born in Brazil?

Czech Republic wants Petr Nedved back.

When one of "your own" doesn't want to play for Canada you call him a traitor, but nothing is said about the other players Canada has that aren't born in Canada.

On the topic of the comments, Hull's comments were not good. He should never say that he doesn'tareabout the fans.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
pavel datsyuk said:
I find it funny that all of these canadian posters are calling Hull a traitor.

The 3rd leading goal scorer of all time was never selected by any junior program in Canada to represent his country, and was shut out for many years. Since he had never been selected by Canada, and also since he barely ever lived in canada, he decided to play for the US.

Now, Call Dany Heatley a traitor....he should be playing for the German team right? He was Born in West Germany, January 21st 1981.

Or how about Robyn Regehr?....Born in Brazil?

Czech Republic wants Petr Nedved back.

When one of "your own" doesn't want to play for Canada you call him a traitor, but nothing is said about the other players Canada has that aren't born in Canada.

On the topic of the comments, Hull's comments were not good. He should never say that he doesn'tareabout the fans.

There all trators....your happy now :shakehead

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Guys like Hull and JR just talk and talk and talk. How they have any validity any more is beyond me.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I hate to be a voice of reason here, because I have never been a Brett Hull fan.(Admire the skill, not the person.) But the fact is, if you have had an incredibly bad day, and some keeps bugging you to talk about it, you basically tell them to leave you alone.

I don't like Brett Hull, but he doesn't deserve the crapstorm.

HF_Rangers

Jan 16, 2004
Winston-Salem, NC
I admire Brett Hull and I think it's bad for him to be angry at the fans... however, he didn't play well in his first two games and deserved to be benched on Friday.

Look forward to see him representing Team France at the 2006 Olympics.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
George Bachul said:
I hate to be a voice of reason here, because I have never been a Brett Hull fan.(Admire the skill, not the person.) But the fact is, if you have had an incredibly bad day, and some keeps bugging you to talk about it, you basically tell them to leave you alone.

I don't like Brett Hull, but he doesn't deserve the crapstorm.

Exactly, but whats a day on HF without some overreaction.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Anyone who is intellectually honest knows he meant "i dont give a **** about the fans wishes for me to talk about being scratched".

He always had an ego, so lets not get carried away by his comments here. He is pissed about being a scratch. But he shouldn't be. The US has 12 forwards that does the job better, and thats all there is to it.

CH Wizard

EroCaps said:
The Sept. 15th deadline is 10 days away and the NHLPA has yet to make a proposal for a new CBA. Does it appear as though they care about the fans?

Agree.It's a shame Bettman forgot about the fans.I can't beleive it :shakehead .

I hate Brett Hull.He hate Canadians.He has never been in a canadian team.I don't care about his comments.We all know that He's an abosutly cry baby and a idiot.

oli500

Aug 22, 2003
Kitchener
Visit site
I fell sorry for the pheonix coyotes fans who are stuck with a **** face like that. He tends to forget that we the fans are the one paying his salary. Boy after that I can allready see some bad blood in the coyotes locker room, How is a teamate suppose to aproach a guy that well be asked by many reporters about those coments during spring training. I know I wouldent feel comfortbal. I mean if hull was a member of the team that I support, I wouldent acept his comments one bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->