Hull/Oates--Tank/Lehtera

STEVIE RAY BLUES

Jul 5, 2009
I can't help but draw the comparison. I remember when Oates could just find Hullie no matter where they were on the ice. I know it's early but Tank and Lehtera appear to do the same thing. It's gonna be fun watching these two. Note to BLUES: Don't Trade either one of them!

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Easy there. Oates is one of the best pure passers to every play, ditto for Hull and shooting. The comparisons aren't there yet, and Tarasenko is my favorite player in the league

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden
Too early to even begin talking about this, imo. Hull/Oates is one of the most iconic pair ever, both players Hall of Famers. Maybe there's a fracture of what they had in Tara/Jori. But let's not have impossible expectations on our guys.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't think he ment potential or production wise. I think he just means the uncanny ability for the 2 to find each other without having to take time to look. With Lehterä being the primary setup man and Tarasenko being the trigger man.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I don't think he ment potential or production wise. I think he just means the uncanny ability for the 2 to find each other without having to take time to look. With Lehterä being the primary setup man and Tarasenko being the trigger man.

There's a big difference between doing that because of chemistry and doing it because you're one of the best players of all time in that role, though.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Well, on the positive side Lehtera seems to be less concerned with renegotiating his contract every other year and Tarasenko seems less attracted to the...establishments on the Illinois side of the river.

So less chance they're broken up early.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
He isn't saying Lehtera is Oates or Vladdy is Hull.

He's saying they are very good at finding each other on the ice...

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I understand the comparison, but even considering that, Lehtera and Tarasenko have a long way to go to match Oates and Hull in that regard. That may have been a top 3 combo of all time in terms of vision and being able to find each other on the ice.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
He isn't saying Lehtera is Oates or Vladdy is Hull.

He's saying they are very good at finding each other on the ice...

When you're comparing something common like linemate chemistry the implication is that the two being compared are relatively close, otherwise there's no point in making the comparison. Chemistry isn't exactly a rare thing.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Does Frank smoke a pack of Marlboro Reds between the morning skate and gametime like Hull used to?

I get what the OP is trying to say, but lets pump the brakes a little, your comparing an 8 game stretch to 2 HOFers.

If in 5 years Frank is a consistent threat to score 40+ and Lehtera is around PPG, then yes we can compare them, due to the decrease in scoring. But right now, no it's not even close.

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis
We should lock them both up for a very long time though.
They are even saving my team on nhl 15 where in my gm mode 3 or 4 players are out, and i have the steen, lehtera and tarasenko on the first line.

TimtheDJ84*

Eh Hully himself put the expectations on Frank when he said he thinks the kid could score 40 plus this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00