Hull no-show for practice/scratched from US/Russia Game Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Hull sucks. Not a team player, cares more about his own pride than the team's chances of winning!

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
Well I'm sure the Coyotes fans are glad to have him, though I suspect he's more interested in padding his career goal totals then actually helping the team.
Then again, knowing the Yotes difficulty scoring that might not be altogether bad.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think the title of this thread is a bit misleading. It was an OPTIONAL practice Hull skipped, and as someone who wasn't going to play, I'm not surprised he wasn't there. As for the rest of the team heaping ill repute on him, I haven't seen that in print. Is there a link with some of the comments?

Last edited:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Rabid Ranger said:
I think the title of this thread is a bnit misleading. It was an OPTIONAL practice Hull skipped, and as someone who wasn't going to play, I'm not surprised he wasn't there. As for the rest of the team heaping ill repute on him, I haven't seen that in print. Is there a link with some of the comments?

I posted this answer on a different forum:

If you were on Ron Wilson's sh*t list, would you skip an optional practice?

No.

Well, the coverage was on CBC, if you didn't watch it or don't have CBC, I can't do nothing for ya man.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Dolemite said:
I posted this answer on a different forum:

If you were on Ron Wilson's sh*t list, would you skip an optional practice?

No.

Well, the coverage was on CBC, if you didn't watch it or don't have CBC, I can't do nothing for ya man.

What kind of things were said?

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
out of curiosity, is there anyone who actually likes brett hull (other than brett and bobby hull)?

on one hand, he was playing poorly and wasnt sacrificing the body. but on the other hand, going into an elimination game against the states, he'd be one of the last players i'd want to face

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
arrbez said:
out of curiosity, is there anyone who actually likes brett hull (other than brett and bobby hull)?

on one hand, he was playing poorly and wasnt sacrificing the body. but on the other hand, going into an elimination game against the states, he'd be one of the last players i'd want to face

I like Hull, but he hasn't done anything since January, heck even Datsyuk has broken out of that funk.

Bad attitudes have no place for a team that's trying to gel together and advance.

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
arrbez said:

I used to like Hull. He was good for the game. He would make headlines and crap on Bettman.

But this past year he's lost most of my respect. Neat the end of last season I read an article from a Windsor papaer that Hull had gotten fat and out of shape and wasn't working hard enough to get back what he was losing.

Now this story surfaces and it just frustrates me even more.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
Even on an exceptionally slow skating US team, Hull's sluggishness stood out like a sore thumb. Benching him was a given move.

JeSuisReine

Feb 21, 2004
I don't really understand why so many people are crucifying the guy for what he said. Hull was pissed at the coach [his boss] and was leaving the arena when he said the comment about the fans. I would like to know how many of you who are saying its so bad for Hull to say something like that in the heat of anger have been pissed at your boss or something at work, and then come home and taken it out on your kids, your spouse or a friend? Can you honestly say you have never done that? Which is worse, doing that to you family, or doing that to the NHL fan base? And as for not going to an optional practice...if you know you aren't going to play, why go? And the only thing I have seen in print from his teammates were comments that were supportive of him....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad