Hull, Conroy and Rolston = Healthy Scratches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm not sure that's an indication of how poorly those three have played, or a desire to get some fresh legs into the line-up. Whatever the case I hope the U.S. comes out better tonight than they have in the past couple games.

ehc73

Jan 18, 2003
Coquitlam, BC
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
I'm not sure that's an indication of how poorly those three have played, or a desire to get some fresh legs into the line-up. Whatever the case I hope the U.S. comes out better tonight than they have in the past couple games.
I think it's more of the latter. You can't scratch everyone that played poorly; they don't have enough guys in the press box to do that. Wilson said he wanted to shake up the team, and scratching one of the best guys to ever play for Team USA (Hull) would do that.

Jovo Cop

Ok now youve you done it USA ..whos Hull gonna jump to now ????? Sweden ,Russia ,Finland ???? :D

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
With three games in 4 days, I think this move is hardly Wilson trying to make a statement. He obviously wants to give these guys a rest. It's almost certain that they'll draw either Russia or Canada in the medal round now, so there's probably no point in either tiring out these players or risking the possibility of one getting injured. I wouldn't read into this all that much. If Doug Wilson wanted to bench players who deserve it, he would be wise to start with Chris Chelios.

So, don't read into this too much. If you look at the most current TSN link regarding the issue, Doug Wilson even reveals his motives in quotes. Robert Esche is getting a rest also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad