Hull and Tony O Reminisce Drinking before Games

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Awesome clip. One question though. When he was talking to Mikita I thought he said "I dont know if you know this but you were born in Czechoslovakia." Maybe I heard it wrong.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Awesome clip. One question though. When he was talking to Mikita I thought he said "I dont know if you know this but you were born in Czechoslovakia." Maybe I heard it wrong.

He said, "I don't know if people realize you came from Czechoslovakia when you were eight".

Thanks for the clip. :)

Randall Graves*

And if Sidney Crosby said he got drunk before games he would be crucified.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
And if Sidney Crosby said he got drunk before games he would be crucified.

Times change.

Question, when did Bobby Hull turn into Mickey Rooney?

MickeyRooney.gif

just add hair.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I'm really not sure what you are talking about

I remember that... When I saw it live I was like "Tony O is totally shi* faced Joe Namath style". I think that was the Bobby Hull & San Mikita honor game.

Steve Konroyd and Jim Blaney were both obviously drunk on Thanksgiving as well.

I dont think people understand how common it was for players pre 70 to play drunk. Drinking booze at lunch and then continuing to drink all day was quite custom. No doubt in my mind they had plenty of booze in the locker room pre 70. Hockey was closer to the move "slap shot" back then then it was to the new NHL we have today.

It wasnt just hockey it was in baseball as well.

Mickey Mantle once said years later after he hit a 550+ foot home run that he was so drunk he couldnt even see the ball but swong as hard as he could.

To think back then that those kids with money, fame and cars being 25 yearold old and didnt party would be a pretty insane thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad