Hughes vs Caufield first 22 career games in the NHL, 9 points vs 12 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Caufield might turn into a good player but he does not really produce much 5vrs5 and he seriously cheats when the puck is in his own end
I think the massive expectations and over the top hype is getting a little carried away
8 pts in 14 playoff games while being 1 win from playing in the finals.
Ya your right. Caufield stinks. He sucks at the game.
Another salty Sens fan.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Yes, and since Caufield is 5 months older than Jack Hughes, the best point of comparison for them would be what Hughes scores 5 months from now, so roughly in October and November of the new season.

:facepalm: I almost couldn't believe what i read till i noticed who posted it.

Reactions: sharknado

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I like Caufield plenty. He's doing well for a 20 year old in the NHL. Good job. You're just making bad arguments for him by comparing his production to teenagers or to guys who play a complete game.
You mean comparing him to a player who's a whole 3 months younger. :joker:

Reactions: sharknado

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
8 pts in 14 playoff games while being 1 win from playing in the finals.
Ya your right. Caufield stinks. He sucks at the game.
Another salty Sens fan.

So his poor play lost them last game but he scored a non needed goal in a win? Meh

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Caufield looks like a very legit top 5 in that (very good) draft.

You draft today with what we know, he has a shot at #1 along with Hughes, Kakko and Zegras.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
Caufield might turn into a good player but he does not really produce much 5vrs5 and he seriously cheats when the puck is in his own end
I think the massive expectations and over the top hype is getting a little carried away

What a hot take. 6 of his 8 goals are at ES

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
What?!

A one of the youngest playmaking Center who instantly joined the nhl after the draft and played with bellow average linemates didn't get as many points as a Winger who had an extra year of development?

Shocking!

Why hasn't this been reported on TSN, ESPN, and Sportsnet!

Oh @GeorgeLeafer12 is Finnish, That explains the thread. How a group of Finnish posters can still be Salty that Hughes was picked over Kakko and that Kakko is a worse player then Hughes.
this wasn't your best post. now the fan bases most disconnected from reality will make a run at the devils. :popcorn:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Was Caufield a product of Hughes or vice versa?? Coming into the draft, everyone speculated that Caufield's numbers were inflated because of Hughes. Not, you have to wonder if it was the opposite?
Neither. They made each other better. I don't really see why one has to be carried by the other.

Both have a lot of talent and complemented each other well.

Reactions: Oneiro

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Neither. They made each other better. I don't really see why one has to be carried by the other.

Both have a lot of talent and complemented each other well.
I agree - that is the correct answer. At the time of the draft, there was only 1 train of thought - and that was Cole's numbers were because of Hughes. That was obviously not true.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I agree - that is the correct answer. At the time of the draft, there was only 1 train of thought - and that was Cole's numbers were because of Hughes. That was obviously not true.
Yeah I don't think he scores 70+ goals without Jack but it's clear he may indeed be the best goal scorer in the draft regardless.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Jack Hughes is the next Patrik Stefan. Actually he might be the 2nd "Next Patrik Stefan" the devil's have drafted because Nico Hischier is doing a pretty good Patrik Stefan impersonation himself, just not quite as good as Jack's. Poor Devils :laugh:.
Patrik Stefan scored 188 points in 455 games in career that ended when he was 26 years old. I doubt it will take Nico 225 games and 3 years to to score 42 points more points. He’s been scoring at much higher rate then Stefan from the start.

I actually don’t care at all about your opinion of Hughes so there’s no purpose to adding you on some ramblings about him (except for your own personal kicks, in that case of course ramble to yourself to your heart’s content), I just thought the Stefan/Nico comparison stood out as kind of goofy even for dumb trolling.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Imagine what this run is going to do for his confidence, development, and growth. He has a shot at the cup before he even plays his rookie season!

Imagine how Matt Murray felt winning 2 cups as a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad