Hughes, Kakko or Makar

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I assume you mean Jack and not Quinn?

Even with both Hughes in the mix, there's a good young crop coming up this year. I'd wait to see who plays with who and I'd imagine Jack Hughes and Kakko will put up more points than Makar in their rookie season, but you never know. Personally I can see Kakko being more effective in fantasy compared to Jack Hughes (does Kakko hit?) and I can see Hughes having a bit of a Patrick type first season. Makar should be a good one but rookie D usually take some more time to come into their own.

I have a similar situation in my league - all 6 non playoff teams get a lottery pick with equal odds, and we have a rule where players picked up during our league playoffs cannot be kept so that they automatically go into the next draft. That means Quinn Hughes will be available, giving us a potential top 6 of:

J. Hughes
Q. Hughes
Kakko
Makar

+ other rookies/young guys like Brannstrom (I can make room for him as a keeper if needed), Kravstov etc. that either aren't on teams now or won't be kept. Some prospects like Glass and Zadina are already on teams and will be kept.

Reactions: Mitts888

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I assume you mean Jack and not Quinn?

Even with both Hughes in the mix, there's a good young crop coming up this year. I'd wait to see who plays with who and I'd imagine Jack Hughes and Kakko will put up more points than Makar in their rookie season, but you never know. Personally I can see Kakko being more effective in fantasy compared to Jack Hughes (does Kakko hit?) and I can see Hughes having a bit of a Patrick type first season. Makar should be a good one but rookie D usually take some more time to come into their own.

I have a similar situation in my league - all 6 non playoff teams get a lottery pick with equal odds, and we have a rule where players picked up during our league playoffs cannot be kept so that they automatically go into the next draft. That means Quinn Hughes will be available, giving us a potential top 6 of:

J. Hughes
Q. Hughes
Kakko
Makar

+ other rookies/young guys like Brannstrom (I can make room for him as a keeper if needed), Kravstov etc. that either aren't on teams now or won't be kept. Some prospects like Glass and Zadina are already on teams and will be kept.

I’m starting to think Kakko might be the better fantasy player as well, even if Hughes ends up as the “better player”. I also like the direction the Rangers are going as well which always helps a few of the categories. Assuming the Devils draft Hughes at number one.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->