Hughes+Hischier vs Kakko+Kravtsov

Future Devils duo vs Future Rangers duo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The duos have not even been arranged yet. Is it totally out of the realm of possibility Shero takes Kakko? It's probably Hughes but let's not act as if stranger things haven't happened.

Also Kravtsov has not even stepped foot in the league yet. He's a guaranteed star?

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
When you refer to Hischier as Jonathan Drouin. When you state that Kakko is "way better" than Barkov was offensively.
Drouin was a junior superstar whos game didn't translate.

Barkov was 1c on his team his whole draft -1year and a man Child. Kakko didn't have close to The same kind of opportunity or utilisation as Barkov. When Kakko got Prime minutes on first line and PP he put up better numbers compared to Barkov. Barkov is/was way More complete player though. Im comparing only offence here.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Drouin was a junior superstar whos game didn't translate.

Barkov was 1c on his team his whole draft -1year and a man Child. Kakko didn't have close to The same kind of opportunity or utilisation as Barkov. When Kakko got Prime minutes on first line and PP he put up better numbers compared to Barkov. Barkov is/was way More complete player though. Im comparing only offence here.
What does Drouin have to do with anything, and how can you possibly say that Hughes IS Drouin, when they're not even comparable players?

Comparing offence only, their stats are very similar. Kakko is the better goal scorer, Barkov the better playmaker.

Your opinions are silly and unfounded.

Last edited:

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
What sophomore slump? His production went up despite playing with worse players most of the year (sometimes guys who aren't even NHLers), but he missed a bunch of time due to injury and generally improved his game. I was hoping for a bit more, but the entire Devils season was derailed due to injuries and terrible goaltending, so it is what it is.

Hischier is 20 years old playing an outstanding defensive game and will likely top 70 points once he has a full healthy season with more talent around him. This is an incredibly valuable commodity.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Also over 82 games Hischier was projected to score 55 pts this year which is slightly better than the 52 in 82 he scored last year. And this was with an injury ravaged Devils team

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
What does Drouin have to do with anything, and how can you possibly say that Hischier IS Drouin, when they're not even comparable players?

Comparing offence only, their stats are very similar. Kakko is the better goal scorer, Barkov the better playmaker.

Your opinions are silly and unfounded.
I compared Hughes to Drouin as a worst case. Reading comprehension is a thing.

After Kakko had same kind of opportunity and usage as Barkov he put up better numbers.

Again reading comprehension is a thing, but being from The from The leading country of The world on regards of education (We are f***ing our system so not too long I guess) I guess Im expecting too much from some people.... Im sorry for you.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

After Kakko had same kind of opportunity and usage as Barkov he put up better numbers.

Again reading comprehension is a thing, but being from The from The leading country of The world on regards of education (We are ****ing our system so not too long I guess) I guess Im expecting too much from some people.... Im sorry for you.

That's not what you said. My reading comprehension is fine. It's not my fault you can't say what you "apparently" mean.

Says The one who knows what hes talking about. Hughes IS a Drouin or low end 1c at best. Kakko is way better offensively than Barkov was. Being a Center doesnt even it out when there is huge gap on talent.

EDIT: Don't know why I was typing Hischier before, obviously we were both talking about Hughes.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
That's not what you said. My reading comprehension is fine. It's not my fault you can't say what you "apparently" mean.
The name Hughes is there instead of Hischier or am I wrong?

Saw your edit. All good.

My views stands though. Im Happy to Be proved wrong. But seeing as Hughes has not progressed at all last season I really have my doubts

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's potential for it to conceivably be the Rangers pair in the future, but Hischier is already at Kravtsov's floor.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
No you didn't. You said Hughes was Drouin or low end 1C "at best". That's a laughable opinion when every scout says he has star potential and his most common comparison stylistically has been Kane or Marner.

Says The one who knows what hes talking about. Hughes IS a Drouin or low end 1c at best. Kakko is way better offensively than Barkov was. Being a Center doesnt even it out when there is huge gap on talent.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
No you didn't. You said Hughes was Drouin or low end 1C "at best". That's a laughable opinion when every scout says he has star potential and his most common comparison stylistically has been Kane or Marner.
Who do you think Drouin was compared to?

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
while nico's sophomore slump has me a bit worried he showed me enough in his rookie year for me to be very excited about him

also agree with kakko>hughes
What sophomore slump? He had a higher PPG without Hall for most of the season. He also had one of the highest GAR before he got hurt in early March ...

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Who do you think Drouin was compared to?
Oh so you mean Drouin as a prospect not Drouin currently? This is an equivocation fallacy as you're using misleading language to hide your argument.

Drouin as a prospect was highly regarded and compared with Giroux most often iirc. That he hasn't worked out as well as he could have doesn't diminish how good of a prospect he was.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Well you’re not wrong that he’s Finnish your opinion means jack squat as well so it’s awkward.

If most actual hockey EXPERTS and SCOUTS say Hughes is the better player, thats who Im going to believe. Not some biased fan on HF.

Sure theyre close, Ill give him that.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Ive seen but that doesnt make them equal

Also besides that its very obvious Hischier is above Kravtsov
The consensus is they are pretty close to one another
And Kravtsov is regarded as one of the very top NHL affiliated prospects so idk, kinda hard comparison to make when Hischier is the only one of these four players to play in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad