Hughes+Hischier vs Kakko+Kravtsov

Future Devils duo vs Future Rangers duo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Figured Kakko vs Hughes would be around 50/50 and Kravtsov is probably one of the top 3 drafted prospects in the NHL but if I’ve miscalculated perception this thread will get closed soon enough.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Even though I think Kravtsov will be a 70 point player, you go with the proven player in Hischier. And that tips it for me to the Devils even though I have Kakko at 1

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Hughes and Kakko are close, Hischier and Kravtsov are not.

Devils duo.

Here's the thing, I pick the Devils duo too as of right now but the problem is, 3 of those players haven't even played a single second on NHL ice so how in the world can we know one way or another?

I like what both Kravtsov and Kakko have shown against grown men and it certainly will help both of their transition, Hughes however has amazing potential and Hischier has pretty much proven he can "hang" in the NHL.

Bottom line is, threads like these are silly because we are talking potential and potential is fantasy.

I have the potential to run 100 meters in less than 10 seconds and steal all the money and women from Usain Bolt... yet here I am on a hockey board talking about a kid named Kakko.

Reactions: x BEUKEBOOM x

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Kakko is better than Hughes and Nico aint nothing special. If Kravtsov becomes a first line winger this is Kakko + Kravtsov easily.
while nico's sophomore slump has me a bit worried he showed me enough in his rookie year for me to be very excited about him

also agree with kakko>hughes

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Says The one who knows what hes talking about. Hughes IS a Drouin or low end 1c at best. Kakko is way better offensively than Barkov was. Being a Center doesnt even it out when there is huge gap on talent.
Any why would anyone believe that you know what you're talking about when you throw out ridiculous opinions like this?

Reactions: amnesiac

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Kakko > Hughes but Hischier went first overall for a reason. I think he bounces back. Besides Kravstov still needs to be proven and while he has an elite ceiling, its not Hischier's.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
while nico's sophomore slump has me a bit worried he showed me enough in his rookie year for me to be very excited about him

also agree with kakko>hughes
What sophomore slump? His production went up despite playing with worse players most of the year (sometimes guys who aren't even NHLers), but he missed a bunch of time due to injury and generally improved his game. I was hoping for a bit more, but the entire Devils season was derailed due to injuries and terrible goaltending, so it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad