Hugh Jessiman makes entire first round of 2003 draft NHLers

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Hugh Jessiman will play his first NHL game tonight, which means that every player taken in the first round of the 2003 draft will have played in the NHL. That hadn't happened since the 1983 draft.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
RT @OnFrozenPond: Hugh Jessiman a trivia answer no more: 03 first rounder to make NHL debut tonite #FlaPanthers

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
i'm happy for him! sadly it had to come as a result of the team literally with no-one left. but i am sure he'll take it!

i hope he gets 2 goals! that would be nice for him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
hahahaha, well good for him. no matter what, the kid has dedication to the sport that many others would have quit on by now. I think it would great if he just destroys the NHL from this point forward! It would be one hell of a story, but lets be reality here, thats not going to happen. glad to see the kid getting his name on the NHL sheet as I would feel absolutely terrible if I was the only player from my first round draft class to not play at least one game.

good job by Tallon and crew for giving the kid a shot, I am sure he might play 5 minutes or so, but it is still a chance to play in the NHL. as I said above, though Jessiman gets ripped on all day long on these boards, lessor players would have given up or gone to Europe to play instead of toiling in the minors for 6 years. Jessiman still shows a passion and love for the game, and I look forward to seeing him tonight!

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Heh, I guess I might watch tonights game just to see Jessiman play finally in the NHL. GD, how pathetic is this team?

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I really hope Jessiman takes the hockey world by storm tonight with one of the best games ever played.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
hahahaha, well good for him. no matter what, the kid has dedication to the sport that many others would have quit on by now. I think it would great if he just destroys the NHL from this point forward! It would be one hell of a story, but lets be reality here, thats not going to happen. glad to see the kid getting his name on the NHL sheet as I would feel absolutely terrible if I was the only player from my first round draft class to not play at least one game.

good job by Tallon and crew for giving the kid a shot, I am sure he might play 5 minutes or so, but it is still a chance to play in the NHL. as I said above, though Jessiman gets ripped on all day long on these boards, lessor players would have given up or gone to Europe to play instead of toiling in the minors for 6 years. Jessiman still shows a passion and love for the game, and I look forward to seeing him tonight!

Well said! Good for Jessiman

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
So it means that the another draft like this is gonna be in 2023. :sarcasm:
Honestly, I'm happy for him. It must be hard to be seen as THE bust of this draft by everyone.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I just came in here to post this not realizing there was already a whole page of discussion! :laugh:

But, I feel good for him. Sure, he'll never likely hit his potential as a high pick, but I'm just glad for him to no longer be the answer to a trivia question.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
With Jessiman now suiting up for an NHL game, and with Al Montoya honestly looking like an NHL goalie, can we safely say that Sather did not give these two enough of a chance to develope???? or is the world coming to an end?

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Watch Jessiman be one of those guys who just can't play well at the minor level but they own in the NHL. Sather will laugh his face off and swallow his cigar.

leslie12*

People can say what they want about Hugh Jessiman, but he's been drafted, and is going to play in the NHL now. How many people who have put blades on and played the sport can put that on their resume? Not everyone. I hope he does well. His tenacity and determination may just pay off. Big guys take longer to develop and he's looking good out there these days. All the best to a great guy.

Ironslave

May 22, 2008
With Jessiman now suiting up for an NHL game, and with Al Montoya honestly looking like an NHL goalie, can we safely say that Sather did not give these two enough of a chance to develope???? or is the world coming to an end?

I think it's more likely that the world is coming to an end than it is Jessiman and Montoya not getting enough chances.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.

How is it a good job by Tallon? Were discussing the Specimen here.

This is a cool for stats men and for nearly all fans. For Florida Panther fans, this is just like being spat on.

Btw, lesser players would have gone to Euorpe? How ignorant a statement. Better players have gone to Europe knowing they can be paid a more significant amount for their services.

Maybe we can play the this card at the Lottery. Instead of letting the balls decide, bribe the NHL by saying "Look, we had Jessiman on our roster this year. WHAT MORE DO YOU GOD DAMN WANT"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad