Huge offer

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
In a fantasy league I got offered to give up John Carlson and Kassian for Rask and PK Subban. The league counts hits and all your basic stats. H2H league. My goalies are my huge problem right now as I sit just outside the playoffs. Just picked up Allen and also have Quick, Campbell, Nilsson and Grubauer. I’m last in GAA, 3rd last in save percentage and last in wins.

Question is just how done is PK? They have many under achieving dmen on their team. Gotisbehere, Dumba are 2 others.

Thoughts?

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
I'd try for Dumba over PK, but I do think you need to get another good goalie if you want to compete regardless.

Trevor Devine

Oct 9, 2019
I would deal for Rask for sure as good/great goalies are hard to come by. I would still go with subban and hop he comes around with the coaching change.
Please see my thread in fantasy hockey

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
In a fantasy league I got offered to give up John Carlson and Kassian for Rask and PK Subban. The league counts hits and all your basic stats. H2H league. My goalies are my huge problem right now as I sit just outside the playoffs. Just picked up Allen and also have Quick, Campbell, Nilsson and Grubauer. I’m last in GAA, 3rd last in save percentage and last in wins.

Question is just how done is PK? They have many under achieving dmen on their team. Gotisbehere, Dumba are 2 others.

Thoughts?

One year league or keeper?

I think regardless I'd make the deal. Its impossible to overcome garbage goaltending so make the deal

OviGreat8

Dec 5, 2019
Bel Air, MD
I'd try for Dumba, but the main thing is you need another Goalie to go with Grubs. The thing is Jonathan Quick is way more done than P.K. Subban so I would worry about him more than getting Subban in the deal. So even though you are losing the most productive D in the league right now in Carlson you need a Goalie to compete. Make the deal.

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
I would not trade Carlson and look at every other way possible to get better at Goalie, even if it is only marginally or slightly to begin with.
If you are very close to the playoff, trading a top 5 player in the league in Carlson might not be the best move to do, regardless if you need a goalie or not.

Also just drop Quick.
I can’t imagine him being anything than negative value when played.

Grab a waiver wire backup better than him.
I would play a Minnesota combo
of Stalock and Kahkonen while Dubnyk is out way before I would play Quick.
His fantasy days are OVER.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad