Huge News!!! Nhlpa Offers Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Did I read it wrong, I keep reading it and it seems to me that is what the NHLPA is looking at 42 mill with no linkage. Or are my eyes just deceiving me cause its late?

Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

mudcrutch79 said:
They just said $52 MM cap offer, with NHL countering with $40 MM.

This is a done deal.

Fwuh ??

Where are you guys getting this info ?

oh, ... wow.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
Did I read it wrong, I keep reading it and it seems to me that is what the NHLPA is looking at 42 mill with no linkage. Or are my eyes just deceiving me cause its late?

You read wrong . . . read my quote from the Sun article above. The sun article has nothing at all to do with the supposed NHLPA Cap offer this thread is about, it deal with six players and their attempts to craft a proposal to pitch to the NHL and NHLPA. If the NHLPA has proposed a Cap nothing I have seen has discussed the numbers yet.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Digger12 said:
NOW how the hell am I supposed to get to sleep??

Time to make some coffee, and throw in a couple of teabags for good measure... :help:[/QUOTE

Definately perks a guy up doesnt it.
However i do find it strange that such potentially positive news isn't revealed until the wee hours of the morn. :dunno:

mudcrutch79

Jul 5, 2003
The Big Smoke
www.mc79hockey.com
leaflover said:
Definately perks a guy up doesnt it.
However i do find it strange that such potentially positive news isn't revealed until the wee hours of the morn. :dunno:

You get your source when you get your source. I suspect that the sides were in meetings with themselves following the meeting today. They chose a route, and followed through on it-apparently for the PA, that included calling Pierre LeBrun. With philosophy out the door, this is all about money now. Done.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I wonder after the damage that has been done how much the league can move on this. Obviously not to $52 million, but could they offer splitting the difference, $46 million and remain viable?

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
24% rollback with the 52 million dollar cap WITH luxury taxes on payrolls. They HAVE to be able to make a deal off this, they HAVE to.

likea

Jul 9, 2004
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
24% rollback with the 52 million dollar cap WITH luxury taxes on payrolls. They HAVE to be able to make a deal off this, they HAVE to.

exactly

the NHL should get the NHLPA's hard cap down to 46-47 million

strict luxury tax starts at 38 million...perfect deal

in exchange the NHL needs to get rid of the clause to get rid of arbitration for a certain UFA age

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
mudcrutch79 said:
It's just dollars now. There's no excuse not to finish this.

I know I so agree, its just that im still scared cause its Bettman and Goodenow. If a deal actually is NOT reached based off these concessions I think it pretty much means Bettman does not want to negotiate and wants to crush the union into nothing instead.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
mudcrutch79 said:
It's just dollars now. There's no excuse not to finish this.
I should be studying right now for a midterm tommorrow but this news is pretty darn exciting. If it is true, they are just apparently 10 million apart and have a pretty easy gap to close through negotiations. I'm never going to understand why the players couldn't come forward with this on Friday or Saturday though, it's not like the owners were going to cave during the weekend...

Ozy_Flame

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
$52 million is still too high. It is still allowing teams to have about $20 million more on payroll than a small market team, whether that be 2-3 high priced players, or 4-6 mid-priced. I understand fully why the owners rejected it; that's like the NHLPA accepting a luxury tax that starts at $15 million.

There is a basis for agreement here, but if you're expecting either side to pull a rabbit out of the hat, you're sorrowly mistaken. The season will be cancelled, and negotiations will continue through the summer for a normal fall start.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Let me be the first to say that we the fans, the media and just about everyone else not directly tied to these talks - have been completely snowballed.

Like hell there was "no progress" today, just like there's been "no progress" for months. Something this major does not just pop up in 24 hours. No way on God's green earth.

WTF!

They'll be meeting tomorrow... As Homer Simpson would say... SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP!

- T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->