Pre-Game Talk: Huge Match-Up Versus the Leafs

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Biggest game of the season w/r/t our playoff hopes comes on Thursday. Tampa just pulled out a pair of ballsy wins in a back-to-back against two good teams, while the Leafs just got embarrassed by the FloBros.

We are up 1 point on them right now (they have 1 game in hand), but a win on Thursday stretches that to 3 with not many games left and them having a murderer's row following.

Any injury updates? I hear it is possible we get TJ back, which should be a huge help. Any word on Vlad coming back either? Not a fan of his, but he'll be an upgrade especially over McKegg and Mr. Freeze.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Biggest game of the season w/r/t our playoff hopes comes on Thursday. Tampa just pulled out a pair of ballsy wins in a back-to-back against two good teams, while the Leafs just got embarrassed by the FloBros.

We are up 1 point on them right now (they have 1 game in hand), but a win on Thursday stretches that to 3 with not many games left and them having a murderer's row following.

Any injury updates? I hear it is possible we get TJ back, which should be a huge help. Any word on Vlad coming back either? Not a fan of his, but he'll be an upgrade especially over McKegg and Mr. Freeze.

It's big but the islanders and bruins need to start losing or it means nothing

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Leafs are not doing too great at the moment and got just got beat 7-2. I expect them to come in with lots of fire to this one.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Froese being sent down means one thing.

We're getting 1 of the 4 back.

Who's it gonna be...

(let's be honest, we all pray it's Stammer)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Froese being sent down means one thing.

We're getting 1 of the 4 back.

Who's it gonna be...

(let's be honest, we all pray it's Stammer)

I thought we just swapped him with Peca again? For the record, I'd rather use Peca than Froese. Froese looks like he can't keep up, and tonight's game is going to be ALL about pace.

Can't see it being Stammer because he hasn't even participated in a full contact practice, has he? Do players ever come back before a full practice? I can't remember any.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Without a doubt our biggest game of the season. Everything we've done and how far we've come have all led up tonight. I'll be there at Amalie in spirit tonight. The most important thing tonight is probably going to be special teams. Make the Leafs pay for every penalty because I'm pretty sure Coop's gonna throw mud on any 5 on 5 and say "There's one night tonight" meaning ours.

The biggest X factor is that we've been playoff mode for quite some time now and we've some "been there, done that" experience whereas the young Leafs do not.

Just win baby!!

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
I thought we just swapped him with Peca again? For the record, I'd rather use Peca than Froese. Froese looks like he can't keep up, and tonight's game is going to be ALL about pace.

Can't see it being Stammer because he hasn't even participated in a full contact practice, has he? Do players ever come back before a full practice? I can't remember any.

You sure about that? He's in a normal colored jersey and was taking light contact last week I thought? Got a notification on my phone and all?

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

Literally never.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
You sure about that? He's in a normal colored jersey and was taking light contact last week I thought? Got a notification on my phone and all?

Despite not wearing a no contact or limited contact jersey, he hasn't done any contact work yet. Maybe because he hasn't officially joined the full team practices. Just skating, puck handling, and shooting work so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->