NFL: Hue Jackson and Todd Haley fired - Gregg Williams interim HC

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

You want to fix the culture but you name Gregg Williams the interim coach and say he could be a candidate for the full-time job?

I'm assuming the whole "Williams could be a candidate" is just niceities in public, and that they're going to bring in a new coach in the offseason. But it's the Browns, so who knows.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm assuming the whole "Williams could be a candidate" is just niceities in public, and that they're going to bring in a new coach in the offseason. But it's the Browns, so who knows.

Remember they've made it a point to say they want "football guys". Williams is what dinosaurs would describe as a "football guy".

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think every team tells an interim coach they have the opportunity to win the job full time. It's part of the fiction of pretending there is still life in the season. Unless Williams goes and wins six of the next eight, he's not getting the job.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

unimportantfrightenedalbino

Reactions: Amerika

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
You have to wonder if they fired Hue at the end of last season if Matt Nagy would have ended up in Cleveland because of the Chiefs connection. I know it's too early to know if he's a good coach himself, but having him in there would be much better than this mess they've created.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
they must have been impressed with his daring playcalls like zero blitzing on the last play of a game to leave Vernon Davis wide ass open

not that I'm bitter or anything

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Always someone else's fault

Browns won 2 games with Haley at OC this year ,, That is one more win then with Hue calling plays over two years

That says enough

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Hue Jackson should never, ever get a head coaching job again.
He should be a good offensive coordinator for a team but never again head coach.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Without Hue's incompetence, the Eagles would have never won the Super Bowl. Thanks for Wentz Hue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->