Value of: Hudon

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Which is why I said a la Schmaltz since I know he's a RHD. Theodore is a former first round pick coming off a season where he was almost 0.5PPG as a rookie... You can say all the stuff you want about Hudon but your assessment here is way off. Hudon is not even close to being worth Theodore.

I said a player that plays D and who might be expendable because he plays behind a stacked D, which is why I gave Schmaltz as an example. Someone in a similar situation. You're probably right that I should have specified that the player should ideally be waiver exempt. Anyway I don't know the other 29 teams in the league in and out which is why I made this thread. I don't even dislike Hudon, I'm just bracing myself for something that might happen since I don't see a market for Shaw and the management has always been meh on Hudon.

You want to trade Hudon for a RHD? You realize that is a position we are absolutely stacked on?

If you consider Hudon to not even close being worth Theodore, then how in the world is a guy like Schmaltz who barely played in the nhl worth Hudon?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
You want to trade Hudon for a RHD? You realize that is a position we are absolutely stacked on?

If you consider Hudon to not even close being worth Theodore, then how in the world is a guy like Schmaltz who barely played in the nhl worth Hudon?
Jesus Christ, as I've already explained SOMEONE similar to Schmaltz who's not a RHD. If you really want a name someone like Larsson in ANA who might not have a spot for him still.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Jesus Christ, as I've already explained SOMEONE similar to Schmaltz who's not a RHD. If you really want a name someone like Larsson in ANA who might not have a spot for him still.

There is a pretty huge difference between Reilly/Schmaltz and Larsson.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Thats what 100% of your posts read like.

Trade Hudon for draft picks. He’s too old. I hate Bergevin. You don’t hate Bergevin so you must be in love with him. Screw Weber. Screw Price. No Habs prospects are good. We’re doomed don’t you realize it?

That’s about 100% of what your posts consist of

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Trade Hudon for draft picks. He’s too old. I hate Bergevin. You don’t hate Bergevin so you must be in love with him. Screw Weber. Screw Price. No Habs prospects are good. We’re doomed don’t you realize it?

That’s about 100% of what your posts consist of

Hudon isnt exactly too old, altho he is absolutely nothing special. And we have like a couple nice prospects.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
since being drafted he's mostly been at LW, in the AHL the moved him to center on a line with Ghetto Hudon Holloway, they did well together for a few games and then Lefebvre broke them up and moved him back to LW and he stayed there the rest of his AHL games.

Ah, the Lefebvre special. Shuffle guys around until they have no idea what their role in the team is and then fix them to that one role that doesn't suit them. Thank god that moron is gone.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Dont care about Hudon at all. Hes gonna be another DD. his value is prob 2nd/3rd.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
The Habs have too many forwards as of right now (16 with Joel Ward as a PTO) and I suspect that they will have to make some trades. I personally like Hudon but I feel management has always been down on him. What would your team be willing to offer for a guy like Hudon who can become IMO a Mathieu Perreault type of player down the road? I would assume the team might look for a comparable defenseman as a return. (A gamble like Mike Reilly)

Hudon has zero chance of becoming a Mathieu Perreault type. Perreault is very quick and is able to minimize his size and strength weaknesses with his speed and skating.

Hudon's skating is poor at best. I'd be surprised if there was a trade market for him. Every team in the league has a few guys like Hudon.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I don't know where you pull this "one dimensional playmaker" thing from, Hudon brings much more to the table than that. Lehkonen definitely stands out in his play without the puck but his play with the puck is very lacklustre outside of his shot. Both players are valuable in their own way but a forward's job is to contribute in scoring and Hudon is the more talented player in that, without a question imo. And they're one year away from each other so it's not like age makes much of a difference at this point.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that Hudon was better than Lehkonen offensively, let alone "without question?"

Lehkonen scored 18 goals as a rookie and is dramatically better than Hudon without the puck.

Last year, in a season full of struggles, Lehkonen was still a very useful player because of his excellent play without the puck. Hudon, if he's not scoring, is absolutely useless because he is, despite your baseless protests, completely one dimensional. He doesn't play defense, he doesn't forecheck, he doesn't have any physical game whatsoever. If he's not one dimensional, please, let us know what other aspects does it bring to the table despite his merger scoring totals?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
he hasn't played center in a few years, he's mainly a LW, high IQ good skills, a playmaker but he can snipe it as well. Lacks the physical tools, size, strength, speed, skating. Not going anywhere imo, worth more to the Habs then on the open market. The Habs should be keeping players like him. Young, cheap, smart, skilled, solid two way game.

What?!?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Hudon has zero chance of becoming a Mathieu Perreault type. Perreault is very quick and is able to minimize his size and strength weaknesses with his speed and skating.

Hudon's skating is poor at best. I'd be surprised if there was a trade market for him. Every team in the league has a few guys like Hudon.
I think you're underrating Hudon big time if you think he has ZERO chance of becoming a 45 pts guy. He had 30 last year alone. Also, based on this report (albeit I'll admit it's not the best source but it backs up what my memory was telling me, Perreault is not that much of a speedster: At 5-10, 188 pounds, he's smallish by today's NHL standards. Therefore, he'll always have to prove himself against bigger opponents at the highest level. Also, while he has quickness, he lacks straightline speed. (TheHockeyNews)

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
How did you arrive at the conclusion that Hudon was better than Lehkonen offensively, let alone "without question?"

Lehkonen scored 18 goals as a rookie and is dramatically better than Hudon without the puck.

Last year, in a season full of struggles, Lehkonen was still a very useful player because of his excellent play without the puck. Hudon, if he's not scoring, is absolutely useless because he is, despite your baseless protests, completely one dimensional. He doesn't play defense, he doesn't forecheck, he doesn't have any physical game whatsoever. If he's not one dimensional, please, let us know what other aspects does it bring to the table despite his merger scoring totals?

:huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad