Value of: Hudon

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
The Habs have too many forwards as of right now (16 with Joel Ward as a PTO) and I suspect that they will have to make some trades. I personally like Hudon but I feel management has always been down on him. What would your team be willing to offer for a guy like Hudon who can become IMO a Mathieu Perreault type of player down the road? I would assume the team might look for a comparable defenseman as a return. (A gamble like Mike Reilly)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There's a dozen of these guys every year that don't make the NHL.
If you want a 1 dimensional scorer Pirri can be had for a song. He's a center to boot.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
There's a dozen of these guys every year that don't make the NHL.
If you want a 1 dimensional scorer Pirri can be had for a song. He's a center to boot.

Hudon was a 30pt rookie. He’s more of a playmaker than a scorer and he plays centre too. Him and Pirri and not comparable in any way.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Hudon is Montreal’s success story. Drafted lower, worked his way through the farm system. You don’t trade a guy like that. He’s going to be a solid middle sixer, Montreal should and will keep him.

You could say that about 5 or 6 wingers on the Habs right now.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hudon was a 30pt rookie. He’s more of a playmaker than a scorer and he plays centre too. Him and Pirri and not comparable in any way.

He's a great playmaker that plays C but he's not playing C in camp for a team desperate for a good playmaking C

tumblr_mg0mnmYoqI1qdrcyyo3_250.gif

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i mean byron is out by the deadline, i would flip shaw for scrap way before trading hudon and a bunch more, Hudon is a keeper

Reactions: DaNaultinus

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I keep Hudon as well. 30 pts in his first year on a shit team playing 3rd/4th line. I’m interested to know if he can progress into a 45-50 points.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
There is no need to trade Hudon...

1. Ward won't be signed, so we have 25/23 players on the roster.

2. Shaw is injured, so he can be put on the ltr. Oulette will be send down to the ahl.
We would then have 23/23 players on the roster, which is fine.

3. Plekanec, Byron and Benn will be traded at some point in the season.
Schlemko, Reilly, De la Rose and Tatar could also be traded.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
There is no need to trade Hudon...

1. Ward won't be signed, so we have 25/23 players on the roster.

2. Shaw is injured, so he can be put on the ltr. Oulette will be send down to the ahl.
We would then have 23/23 players on the roster, which is fine.

3. Plekanec, Byron and Benn will be traded at some point in the season.
Schlemko, Reilly, De la Rose and Tatar could also be traded.
You can't put a healthy player on LTIR, Shaw and Byron are both healthy or will be by season opener. Ouellet is not relevant but Lernout, Valiev, Benn, Schlemko are since they'll be battling for a roster spot and need to hit waivers. Benn and Schlemko would be a loss of a future asset if they get claimed on waivers. We still have: DLR, Shaw, Byron, Peca, Lehk, Hudon, Scherbak, Deslauriers (plus Mac but who cares) in the mix. We can't start with that many players and it'd be dumb to lose one of them on waivers.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
You can't put a healthy player on LTIR, Shaw and Byron are both healthy or will be by season opener. Ouellet is not relevant but Lernout, Valiev, Benn, Schlemko are since they'll be battling for a roster spot and need to hit waivers. Benn and Schlemko would be a loss of a future asset if they get claimed on waivers. We still have: DLR, Shaw, Byron, Peca, Lehk, Hudon, Scherbak, Deslauriers (plus Mac but who cares) in the mix. We can't start with that many players and it'd be dumb to lose one of them on waivers.

So rather than risk losing the worst one(s) to waivers you would trade one of the more promising ones for a garbage return?

Every team will be waiving players, we can get our 15th and 16th best forwards through without dumping hudon

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
So rather than risk losing the worst one(s) to waivers you would trade one of the more promising ones for a garbage return?

Every team will be waiving players, we can get our 15th and 16th best forwards through without dumping hudon
Where did I say I wanted a garbage return?I said I'd like a comparable player on D for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad