Hudler nets his first nhl goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Aki Fan said:
didnt see it, just cruising the box scores
some nice passing accross the ice and accross again and he had a quick realease..i think it was a one timer....wish i saw the replay...but i was surfing from game to game...in case u didnt know Kronwall was also playing..he let go some good shots from the point and didnt seem out of place at all, Well he did pull down Afinogenov preventing a possible breakaway but other than that I thought he wasnt very noticeable - meaning he was doing his job,....lets hope these two stay in the lineup...perhaps someone that was paying closer attention to the game than me can give more detailed analysis of their play :yo:

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
HOCKEY_GURU said:
some nice passing accross the ice and accross again and he had a quick realease..i think it was a one timer....wish i saw the replay...but i was surfing from game to game...in case u didnt know Kronwall was also playing..he let go some good shots from the point and didnt seem out of place at all, Well he did pull down Afinogenov preventing a possible breakaway but other than that I thought he wasnt very noticeable - meaning he was doing his job,....lets hope these two stay in the lineup...perhaps someone that was paying closer attention to the game than me can give more detailed analysis of their play :yo:

I thought Kronwall played very well last night. One thing is for sure, he isn't afraid to hit. Kronwall could stay up with the Wings untill Chelios comes back. But i suspect Lewis will move Rivers back to the blueline when some fowards get healthy.

It was nice to see Hudler get his 1st goal. Although he played alot on the PP, Dave Lewis seems like he doesn't trust him 5 on 5. Hudler needs to play with more skilled teammates. No offence to Bootland and Rivers but they are not the ideal wingers for a player like Hudler.

Both should be in the lineup tonight vs the Hawks on ESPN.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
BrooklynCanuck said:
It wasn't really a straight tick tack toe one timer; there was a little bit of delay. However, he really got some lift on the puck in a very small distance. Roofed it on Miller, very accurate, quick shot; he had no chance to save it (or about 3 other goals that night).
yep..u had to feel sorry for Miller, the flood gates sure opened up ...what was it about 5 goals in about 10 minutes? only one I thought he shoulda stopped was the wrap around but on the rest of the goals he didnt stand much of a chance.Datsyuks was a beut..what quick hands.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Anyone watch Tonights game? How did Hudler and Kronwall do? I saw Hudler miss the break away..other than than didntw atch much.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
HOCKEY_GURU said:
Anyone watch Tonights game? How did Hudler and Kronwall do? I saw Hudler miss the break away..other than than didntw atch much.

Hudlers breakaway came from a great pass from Knonwall. Kronwall has looked very good out there. He does not look like a kid playing in his 2nd NHL game.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
we indeed have ourselves 2 more great backbones for this team for years to come.... huds has been pretty good if you ask me.... give it another year or 2 and he'll be pretty sick!

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Yeah Hudler is awesome, i have him in my FHL, he was a huge pickup for the Redwings in the 2nd round...
Redwings have great scouts, finding Datsyuk in the 6th round, Zetterberg in the 7th round

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
both hudler and kronwall have played well. However, why in the hell would you try a slap shot on a breakaway. Isnt this kid supposed to have some sick moves?

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
There was one shift where Hudler was playing like a madman.
He spun around behind the opponent's net twice with the puck and kept the play down low despite defensemen trying to make runs at him.

In the two games he's played in, Kronwall has been better than Chelios has in any two games this season. He's out there playing dirty, he's hitting, making great passes, making the right decisions and getting off some good shots. He's going to be great for Detroit once he starts playing full time.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
HeHateMeFrisbee said:
both hudler and kronwall have played well. However, why in the hell would you try a slap shot on a breakaway. Isnt this kid supposed to have some sick moves?

Who tries a slapshot on a breakaway?

Thats why he tried a slapshot on a breakaway....who expects it?

DarioinDenver

Jun 19, 2002
Denver, CO
Visit site
pavel datsyuk said:

Actually NHL vets will use a slap shot on a breakaway (contested breakaway, ie defenseman closing in to tie up stick or overtake you) if they are at the end of a shift. Going the full length of the ice at the end of a shift and missing will just lead to a 5 v 4 going the other way.

I didn't see the play, but that's when you'll commonly see a slapshot.

A Good Flying Bird*

pavel datsyuk said:

I don't know about that.
Hudler may one day be a fine NHLer. But in the 7 or eight games plus pre-seasons that I've seen, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out his style.
If he has great stickhandling ability, I haven't seen it. He gets rid of the puck really, really, fast. Too fast.
For being as tiny (he looks like an elf standing next to Pavel Datsyuk!) as he is, he doesn't seem to have great speed or accelleration.
I'm just having a hard time seeing what kind of things this kid is supposed to do.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
pavel datsyuk said:

Well he could atleast hit the net....Look, a slap shot on a goalie with no screen infront of him is not going to score very often in the NHL. Atleast, it shouldnt. To try a slap shot at a relatively high speed on a breakaway is possibly the worst move you can make. You cant point to him being a youngster either. If he actually does have any ofensive originality, you would think that he would have tried some kind of deke. Other than a few plays, Im with Newsguy, I just cant see anything that is really standing out to me. Thats not saying he has played badly, he just hasnt wowed me like Zetterberg or Datsyuk has, and this guy was ranked alot higher, except that he came into the leauge much younger. I dunno, maybe bringing him over was a mistake? Or maybe he should have just started the season in Grand Rapids.

Lorax

HeHateMeFrisbee said:
Well he could atleast hit the net....Look, a slap shot on a goalie with no screen infront of him is not going to score very often in the NHL. Atleast, it shouldnt. To try a slap shot at a relatively high speed on a breakaway is possibly the worst move you can make. You cant point to him being a youngster either. If he actually does have any ofensive originality, you would think that he would have tried some kind of deke. Other than a few plays, Im with Newsguy, I just cant see anything that is really standing out to me. Thats not saying he has played badly, he just hasnt wowed me like Zetterberg or Datsyuk has, and this guy was ranked alot higher, except that he came into the leauge much younger. I dunno, maybe bringing him over was a mistake? Or maybe he should have just started the season in Grand Rapids.

Nice...
He started in GR and has been there prominently, for the Buffalo game he was called up due to injury and rode in rented Cavalier with CuJo....

Maybe he is a tad nervous in the big games?

He isnt ready for this, he knows it, the wings know it....but experience is everything, giving him some now in spot duty is wise. He isnt needed nor expected to produce.....

A Good Flying Bird*

Lorax said:
Nice...
He started in GR and has been there prominently,

He isnt ready for this, he knows it, the wings know it....but experience is everything, giving him some now in spot duty is wise. He isnt needed nor expected to produce.....

No. He started with Detroit. After getting almost no IT, he was demoted

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
HeHateMeFrisbee said:

1 think to take into consideration is when dats and z came over, they were a few years more mature then hudler is. He's only 19 and playing for us, zet and dats were 21+... big difference

Lorax

Newsguyone said:
No. He started with Detroit. After getting almost no IT, he was demoted

Technically, that is correct....But Holland and Lewis met with him and told him he would be spending a majority of the time in GR and sent him there after a few games - but they wanted him to be around the team and pomp and circumstance of the openers....

Its all just a plan.....Its not a black and white case of "making the roster".....You are looking at it all wrong if you are basing it on IT & performance....He would be on the top two lines if it were the case - he isnt gonna provide defense or supplant drapes & malts for criminy sakes....

A Good Flying Bird*

Lorax said:
Technically, that is correct....But Holland and Lewis met with him and told him he would be spending a majority of the time in GR and sent him there after a few games - but they wanted him to be around the team and pomp and circumstance of the openers....

Its all just a plan.....Its not a black and white case of "making the roster".....You are looking at it all wrong if you are basing it on IT & performance....He would be on the top two lines if it were the case - he isnt gonna provide defense or supplant drapes & malts for criminy sakes....

I viewed it like this. Play him. Or send him down where he could play.

The Wings sat him out often, including a weekend of back-to-back games. Finally, he started playing, but was getting 6 minutes a game.

Fortunately, the Wings finally sent him down.

Now he's back up and he's still only getting 2 shifts a period. Send him down.

If there's a plan, it's either a bad plan or it's poorly executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad