Not open for further replies.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I noticed Brunner has 3 goals already. Oh, well at least we have Cleary

theanomaly

you just lost the game
Nov 18, 2010
NJ
I also believe he was holding out for a better deal, which didn't come, so he settled much later for a similar contract with better minutes.

true. he wasnt worth any more than we offered. hopefully he changes that this season.

skinneh

#FireHolland
Jul 17, 2009
Winnipeg
the game i watched he was zajacs wing and was playing top pp unit.

edit: seems he has been getting a mix of 2/3rd line minutes. i stand corrected.

I watched a bit of the NJ Edmonton game.. he seemed to be on the ice a lot :) I wish we still had him!

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Brunner and Hudler will be easily replace with Nyquist and Tatar. Flip wonted too much money. Happy for those 3 , but we should move on

Don't understand hate for Cleary. Line Cleary-Anderson- Bert is going to surprise many of you this year

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Don't understand hate for Cleary. Line Cleary-Anderson- Bert is going to surprise many of you this year

When they start putting up points on a semi-regular basis and aren't awful defensively as a unit, I'll have blown right past surprised and into "completely stunned" territory.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Brunner and Hudler will be easily replace with Nyquist and Tatar. Flip wonted too much money. Happy for those 3 , but we should move on

Right to bad that Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar would be far better then what Babcock is giving us now.

VM1138

Apr 30, 2007
Let's not forget the reason we got rid of Hudler and Flip. It wasn't because they couldn't produce points. It's that they weren't effective game changers. They don't spark their lines. They benefit from their lines. I'm assuming that's the case here. These guys aren't guys you rely on to carry your team. I'll eat crow when they're in the playoffs and making victory possible for their teams.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Flip was a fit issue - we needed a true #2C, and Weiss is that.

Brunner we should have kept - dumb move by Holland, IMO.

4/4 for Hudler was about $1M high and a year longer than the Wings would have offered. He was also terribly inconsistent and other things which I can't remember but I know I was totally on board with him leaving (and still am).

Brunner is the only move I disagreed with.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
None of the 3 were "core" guys, and kinda priced themselves out of town. I wouldn't have cared if we kept one of the 3 for our wing depth, but also don't really mind that they walked. We have Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, etc. on the way who will hopefully provide at least the same impact, ideally even more than what we got from these 3.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Brunner should have been brought back. It's inexcusable that the Wings went with Cleary.

Don't care about Flip and Hudler. I would have traded them at the deadline. Wings weren't contending with them on the roster. Just more bad roster management by Ken Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad