Huberdeau vs Landeskog vs RNH

Huberdeau vs Landeskog vs RNH

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Hubby has developed into one of the best offensive LWs in the league, and Gabe has been an absolute 2 way monster this year. I think you could go either way out of preference, while I personally would go with Gabe as I think I would prefer is overall game over ~10 extra points.

For context:
Hubby this year is 4th in scoring for LW with 28 g and 61A for 89 points in 80 games.

Gabe is 8th for LW with 34 goals and 40 assists for 74 points in only 71 games.

RNH doesn't even crack the top 30 centers and this is during the best season he has had to date.

I think RNH is clearly a few tiers below and you would only ever consider if you were biased towards him for some reason.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Honestly, I think they are all decently close. Landeskog and Huberdeau get A LOT more linemate support than RNH, and RNH is a center, whereas the other 2 are wingers. Worth noting Landeskog is the solid defensively for a winger and brings a physicality element the other 2 don't.

But overall I'd go Huberdeau, he has that extra half step offensively.

Reactions: 780il

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Landeskog
Huberdeau
RNH

All pretty close, and I won't argue with anyone putting Hubs over Landy as I think that one's basically a toss-up, but RNH is a touch behind.

Reactions: klozge and Voight

member 147413

Personally

Landeskog
Huberdeau>=RNH

I value Landeskogs grit, two way play and leadership for a marginal skill point upgrade (pace) over Hubby.

RNH is close to Hubby for two way play and position.

Reactions: Voight

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'd take Landeskog over Huberdeau for his intangibles if you can call it that? His 2 way and physical plays are pretty tangible, add that to a 30+ goal scorer.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Landeskog by a hair over huberdeau.

Not sure why RNH is an option he’s not even close to the player as the other two.

Reactions: Meeqs

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Huberdeau is a far better playmaker and makes players around him better, but I think Landy brings a bit more in his overall game and has the competitive edge opening up a lot of space for whoever he's paired with. They're pretty equal in my eyes value wise just vastly different types. RNH is a really good player just not on the same level as the others.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Landeskog by a hair over huberdeau.

Not sure why RNH is an option he’s not even close to the player as the other two.

Huberdeau’s linemates have 163 points. Landeskog’s linemates have 185. Nugent-Hopkins linemates have 33 points. Not 133. 33. Even if we use pace for Gagner to account for games missed, Nugent-Hopkins linemates have 53 points. It’s hard to put up points when you’re carrying a couple corpses around all year. If you look at their point ratio relative to linemates (1.0 is dead tied with linemates) Huberdeau is at 1.10. Landeskog is at 0.80. Nugent-Hopkins is at 4.06.

Offensively
Huberdeau
Nugent-Hopkins
Landeskog

Defensively
Nugent-Hopkins/Landeskog
Huberdeau

Physically
Landeskog
Nugent-Hopkins/Huberdeau

Imo, Huberdeau has definitely pulled ahead, and then it’s Nuge by a hair over Landeskog

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Huberdeau’s linemates have 163 points. Landeskog’s linemates have 185. Nugent-Hopkins linemates have 33 points. Not 133. 33. Even if we use pace for Gagner to account for games missed, Nugent-Hopkins linemates have 53 points. It’s hard to put up points when you’re carrying a couple corpses around all year. If you look at their point ratio relative to linemates (1.0 is dead tied with linemates) Huberdeau is at 1.10. Landeskog is at 0.80. Nugent-Hopkins is at 4.06.

Offensively
Huberdeau
Nugent-Hopkins
Landeskog

Defensively
Nugent-Hopkins/Landeskog
Huberdeau

Physically
Landeskog
Nugent-Hopkins/Huberdeau

Imo, Huberdeau has definitely pulled ahead, and then it’s Nuge by a hair over Landeskog

RNH’s most common forward linemate has 116 points.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I put Huberdeau slightly above Landy because he is capable of driving the offense and his playmaking is huge. It was hard to vote against Landeskog who is huge for the Avs though and I still wouldn't trade them.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Landeskog-Huberdeau is a bit like Barkov-MacKinnon. How much of a premium do you give the two way play versus the extra offense? I don’t think there’s a wrong answer, except for RNH. RNH would be a wrong answer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad