Post-Game Talk: Huberdeau sets new all time points record with 420 in a 8-4 beatdown vs Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Looks like we broke Rielly’s foot. The Leafs defense is going to have a rough time with him and Muzzin out.

Muzzin is, said to be back after the All, Star break. Don't know at which time frame though.

Can't imagine this will be good for them. If the bottom D have to take more responsibility it is never good.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
But yet you make fun of our fans and talk crap about this team on your board. Really awkward.
I wouldn't take that too seriously. It's just GDT talk in the heat of the moment. It was a big game and the Leafs laid an egg. Tbh, I've always liked Huberdeau & Barkov. I don't make fun of them. I don't really know if you're calling me out or other Leafs fans but it's all good.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I wouldn't take that too seriously. It's just GDT talk in the heat of the moment. It was a big game and the Leafs laid an egg. Tbh, I've always liked Huberdeau & Barkov. I don't make fun of them. I don't really know if you're calling me out or other Leafs fans but it's all good.

Melting down in your own team's GDT is, IMO, not only acceptable, but expected. You're there to commiserate with fellow fans. I've certainly melted down a few times here after a few drinks. :laugh:

There's only one fanbase, in my experience, that's bush league enough to regularly go trolling other team's GDTs after this kind of game, and it's not yours.

Ganbatte. But also, I hope you guys lose just enough games for us to make the playoffs.

Reactions: MattySnipes

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Melting down in your own team's GDT is, IMO, not only acceptable, but expected. You're there to commiserate with fellow fans. I've certainly melted down a few times here after a few drinks. :laugh:

There's only one fanbase, in my experience, that's bush league enough to regularly go trolling other team's GDTs after this kind of game, and it's not yours.

Ganbatte. But also, I hope you guys lose just enough games for us to make the playoffs.
I'd like to see 4 teams in Atlantic make it, and 4 from Metro.

I'd like to see Panthers in playoffs, they'd be fun to watch, especially if they can play the way they did last game. With a 3rd stringer in net too. Damn impressive.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So I unfortunately had to watch last night's game on the Leafs feed on Sportsnet. Really disliked the watch, and Greg Millen might be one of the worst colour commentators in the league. Things I noticed from last night:

• He barely talked about Florida. All the talk was about how the Leafs were just playing bad, non about how Florida is good.
  • Maybe said one sentence about Huby becoming the franchise leader in points. Disrespectful.
  • Kept talking about how Toronto would get it down to four goals and how they might come back. Any other colour commentator would notice that Florida not only once, but twice this year has come back from a four-goal deficit to win the games. Again, Tunnel Vision on his part with Leafs.

I feel like there was more points I had, but didn't take notes last night. I have the game recorded, but really don't want to watch that poor performance by those commentators again.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
So I unfortunately had to watch last night's game on the Leafs feed on Sportsnet. Really disliked the watch, and Greg Millen might be one of the worst colour commentators in the league. Things I noticed from last night:

• He barely talked about Florida. All the talk was about how the Leafs were just playing bad, non about how Florida is good.
  • Maybe said one sentence about Huby becoming the franchise leader in points. Disrespectful.
  • Kept talking about how Toronto would get it down to four goals and how they might come back. Any other colour commentator would notice that Florida not only once, but twice this year has come back from a four-goal deficit to win the games. Again, Tunnel Vision on his part with Leafs.
I feel like there was more points I had, but didn't take notes last night. I have the game recorded, but really don't want to watch that poor performance by those commentators again.

Agree 100%...I see/hear a lot of broadcasts up here in Ontario on SN and Millen is just not good. States the obvious far too often and doesn’t provide any insight or meaningful thoughts whatsoever. Definitely frustrating if you’re a fan of the Leafs opponent because that’s all he talks about, but I guess that’s what he’s paid to do. Funny you brought this up as when I arrived at the airport this past week, he was on the same shuttle to the rental car terminal.

Last edited:

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
They just showed a Stat with teams scoring 5+ goals since December 5th

We are second with 11 times just behind Toronto (13)

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Yup people think you can just skate every nhl team into the ice for an entire game. Mind boggling how they don’t understand ebs and flows throughout a game and entire season. People actually complaining our d wasn’t great after last game. The game was over at 7-1 anything that happens after is irrelevant

this is called a strawman argument.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

people who live in a glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

there's only one broadcast team that pushes me back to goldie and co. and that's our old guy - the rimmer.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Agree 100%...I see/hear a lot of broadcasts up here in Ontario on SN and Millen is just not good. States the obvious far too often and doesn’t provide any insight or meaningful thoughts whatsoever. Definitely frustrating if you’re a fan of the Leafs opponent because that’s all he talks about, but I guess that’s what he’s paid to do. Funny you brought this up as when I arrived at the airport this past week, he was on the same shuttle to the rental car terminal.
And what did he say when you told him his commentary sucks...? <whistling>

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
there's only one broadcast team that pushes me back to goldie and co. and that's our old guy - the rimmer.
Oh gawd the torture ... Worst guy in buisness, i will take Pens homerism 10 times out of 10 than him.

btw, your pbp guy is nice, voice and all, it's your color guy... ugh.

Reactions: zeroG

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

He's like 90% of there fans

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Just when they might have something going in right direction we have 4 games in next 19 days! Then 16 games in next 29

I know byweek and allstar break but still wtf

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
upload_2020-1-14_10-28-6.png

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary

He called Hoffman and Huby best friends on team or something. Ok lol. I’m re listening to the game ...this time on FLA feed, thankfully.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Nah, Sportsnet's Hometown Hockey is meant to be a National broadcast. A national broadcast should never be some homer-ish, it's a bad look.

But honestly what do you expect from Sportsnet? They've completely blown it with this NHL deal and continue to make terrible decisions.

How Millen still has a job is beyond me. Sunday night was the first time I listened to him in ages and he sounds like a dinosaur out there. Constantly mistaking players, offering nothing of value and he doesn't even have a good voice lol.

Sportsnet overall is a big joke.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad