Huberdeau or Landeskog?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Methinks the people here saying Huberdeau is overhyped or overrated have never seen him play, or have seen him play once in a bad game or something. Saying he's overrated is ridiculous. I don't recall anyone ever claiming he was the next Gretzky or Lemieux or anything so I don't know where all this overrated talk is coming from.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I lol'd because it is so true. I have never have been a fan of Landeskog and I probably never will be. I would not be the least bit surprised if he is the worst player picked second overall this past decade. The fact he is firmly entrenched in every Avalanche fans mouth doesn't make it any easier for me to like him.

Huberdeau easily for me. And I don't even really like Huberdeau all that much.

If you dont really like Huberdeau you must really hate Landeskog :laugh: Anyways, here are the Second overall since 2000.

2000 - Heatley
2001 - Spezza
2002 - Lehtonen
2003 - Staal
2004 - Malkin
2005 - Ryan
2006 - Staal
2007 - Van Riemsdyk
2008 - Doughty
2009 - Hedman
2010 - Seguin

There are some quality NHLers right there and some of them are superstars so it could happen but you make it sound like he would stink if that was the case. I've yet to seen Huberdeau play more than one game so I have no idea but in terms of team success I see the Avs having a better team down the road.

Methinks the people here saying Huberdeau is overhyped or overrated have never seen him play, or have seen him play once in a bad game or something. Saying he's overrated is ridiculous. I don't recall anyone ever claiming he was the next Gretzky or Lemieux or anything so I don't know where all this overrated talk is coming from.

Every prospect gets a bit overrated these days, someone said Huberdeau would be a 100pt scorer in this thread and since that happens perhaps 1-3 times every years that's a pretty big feat. If he had that type of upside I'm sure he would have been taking #1 since I dont either Nugent Hopkins or Landeskog will come anywhere close to 100.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Landy! Just cuz u could put him in any situation.

You can say the same thing about Huberdeau..have you read this thread or just watched Huberdeau play? If there is only one thing I have to say about Huberdeau being a special player..more than Landeskog, is his ability to be at the right place at the right moment. His hockey sense is so high and he uses well all of his attributes. If I were to compare Huberdeau to a NHLer, his best comparison will not be a poor man's Lecavalier, but I can see him turning into a similar player as Toews.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010

I love Huberdeau, but have YOU seen him play? Surely you didn't see his QMJHL and Mem Cup games in the US.

Or are you just hyping him snice he's a Panther.

GM17*

I love Huberdeau, but have YOU seen him play? Surely you didn't see his QMJHL and Mem Cup games in the US.

There were streams posted on hfboards, though I dunno if too many Panthers fans were watching...was moreso the CHL fanatics. + he could've seen him at camp which isn't representative but it's something.

squidz*

Landeskog

This is the only way to support my theory that Huberdeau only rode on Phillips' coattails.

/shut up, it's totally a valid theory and has nothing to do with cheering for the Wild

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Yes, I have seen Hubey play several times, in the Q, in the CHL top prospects game and the Memorial Cup. NHL Network shows a lot of hockey that you apparently don't know about.

There were streams posted on hfboards, though I dunno if too many Panthers fans were watching...was moreso the CHL fanatics. + he could've seen him at camp which isn't representative but it's something.

Because Panthers fans can't be CHL fanatics? I've probably seen more CHL games than 75% of the people who post on these boards.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Every prospect gets a bit overrated these days, someone said Huberdeau would be a 100pt scorer in this thread and since that happens perhaps 1-3 times every years that's a pretty big feat. If he had that type of upside I'm sure he would have been taking #1 since I dont either Nugent Hopkins or Landeskog will come anywhere close to 100.

OK, well there are a few people who go over the top. I've seen some people here say RNH will score 100 pts. too. But most people are not saying anything like that about Huberdeau.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Landeskog. There is a reason why he was picked 2nd.

This was one of those drafts if you asked 10 different teams to rate the players you would have 4-5 different players rated 2nd.

As for who I rather have I would go with Landeskog because he is a much safer bet that being said Huberdeau has the better upside

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
theres something about Landeskog that makes me think he is going to be an amazing game changing player. Even though his totals are probably not going to be as good as Huberdeau's he will be a better player

TheBakester66

Jun 11, 2009
St. Louis, MO, USA
Gilbert Brule says hi. LOL.

I'm stuck in an upcoming draft where I hold 2nd overall as well. I have been seriously considering Landeskog but have been leaning towards Larsson lately. I don't have any impact forward prospects to speak of and I flopped big time a few years ago with Esposito. I've been playing it safe lately by taking L.Schenn, Kulikov, Golubef, Smid so my defence is ok.

In another league a few years ago I also had 2nd overall and being the Canucks homer I am was so heart set on Hodgson because of all the 'intangibles' he brings and him having a great WJC that I took him right ahead of Drew Doughty. I am scared of drafting Landeskog now at #2 ahead of Larsson...

I also think Huberdeau is far over hyped and have no interest in drafting him.

Brule comment = :laugh: and :handclap:

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
I have to laugh at all the experts on here who have only seen Hubs play in a couple of games or not at all saying he will be a bust, his overall game is lacking and he is overrated.
The ONLY thing that may hurt his developement is Florida doesn't have
a good enough team for him to be as successful as opposed to going to another team like the AVS who have a better team with more NHL calibre players at this point.

Two things to remember about him. He is a year younger than most of the players he was drafted with. He is a game changer, and he does it quietly. He still has three years of junior left. he can play as an overager at 20. The Saint John team that won the memorial cup wasn't built to win it last year. They were built to win it this year.

He has that skill that only a few players have. Look at the prospects game. You never really notice when he's on the ice but when you look at the end of the game he has three points and you wonder how that happened.

In every big game he has been opportunistic whether it being a big goal or an incredible pass for an assist. Give him some linemates with skill and he WILL make them better.

PS It's Saint John not Saint John's, St. John or St. John's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad