Huberdeau or Landeskog?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Of course I can say nothing has changed because there is no proof that it has changed. The new management hasn't had a chance to prove themselves yet and prove that they can let these kids develop properly.

Talk to me next summer or even this winter and we'll see how things are going. But, as of right now the Panthers have yet to develop many players properly.

And I will repeat that I am a huge fan of their direction and think they have the top prospect pool HANDS DOWN. I just want to see things down right this time around and am rooting for them 100%.

OK, I guess I just had a problem with your wording. They by definition have changed because the entire front office, even the farm system, is radically different than it was 15 months ago. I agree that we have to wait and see.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Offensive: Huberdeau

Overall player: Landeskog.

I think both will have great careers especially with Landeskog playing with either Stastny or Duchene.

Agree fully here Landeskog is a complete player with tons of Toews like intangibles in a great situation with the Avs.

early front runner for ROY IMO.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
whoa bro. explain all the things landeskog does better.

They booth project to be wingers at the NHL level, so theres no arguement about more important position. Landeskog is much better defensively, he's more physical and thats not even close to being debatable. And we all know about the intangibles already.

Huberdeaus got the edge on offense, but Landeskog is definitely a better overall player. Huberdeau still needs to work on his defensive game, that may not be ready for the NHL.

GM17*

Huberdeau has an excellent defensive game, he just needs to work on his strength. Lando has him beat in the grinding, crash and bang to the net type playing. It's all about what you prefer. When it comes down to it, Lando will be the better leader because he's more bullish and speaks better english :sarcasm:

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Huberdeau has an excellent defensive game, he just needs to work on his strength. Lando has him beat in the grinding, crash and bang to the net type playing. It's all about what you prefer. When it comes down to it, Lando will be the better leader because he's more bullish and speaks better english :sarcasm:

Well Landeskog does speak better English.

Theres very few "excellent" defensive players that come out junior at 17, most still have a lot ot work on, and he definitely will still need to work on it. If he was excellent defensively you think he wouldn't have gone ahead of Landeskog? I wouldn't call anyone even good defensively outside of Landeskog and Couturier, everyone has something to work on and likely won't be a strong defensive player at the NHL level.

AvsFan7*

This is how I see it:

Landeskog enters the NHL sort of as a Chris Stewart type player, good for 45 points and a hard working player, Locker Room guy, he will 100% for sure be at least a good top 6 guy in the NHL, with the Potential to be a guy like Iginla only not quite as much offense, but very good both ends of the Ice, Captain and good for 70-80 points a year(something like 30/45), thats his MAX Potential, he will likely end up being a Dustin Brown type guy, good Locker Room guy, still a definite future captain, hard working, and good for 55-65 Points a year as a 1st line Power Forward.

Huberdeau has the potential to bust, its highly unlikely to happen but it could, and Florida has never been the greatest with developing prospects, so there is a very slight risk of bust for Huberdeau, but unlikely. Huberdeau has potential to become a 100+ point guy, and 45-50 goal scorer, maybe like Stamkos, but thats also his MAX Potential! I guess he ends up being like Parise, good for 75 Points a year(Something like 35/40 or so).

So IMO, like 80% of others here:

Offensively: Huberdeau

Overall: Landeskog

TheBakester66

Jun 11, 2009
St. Louis, MO, USA
You see so many people who think he'll max out as a 60 point player with intangibles, when he really has the potential to be a 40 goal PPG player with very strong defensive play (If he was a center he would probably be considered Selke caliber, but defensive wingers never get any attention for it) and captain potential. Huberdeau has high upside too but people don't hype Landeskog at all.

Dallas man, what about Jere Lehtinen?

I personally agree with basically no one on this. I think Huberdeau is going to be a flop (I may eat my words someday, but I do believe he's overrated, overhyped, and misunderstood), and I think Landeskog has an extremely high floor (if not a high ceiling). I can't see him ever being a less than 50 pt guy, outside of his first year or two. I think his overall play will carry him even if his offense isn't elite. Regardless, I think he will progress and will be successful sooner than the Sedin's did in Vancouver. But i don't see any reason why his offensive upside isn't there with someone like Daniel Sedin. Of course he has to be with the right linemates on the right team.
If it all comes together he could be Forsberg part 2. If it doesn't he'll still always be a productive top 6 NHLer. But that's my ridiculous opinion.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Hubs upsides is higher and so is his potential imo, but he is riskier too. Hubs could be the best player coming out of this draft, we'll see. Oh and Hubs defensive game is underrated too. I haven't really been impressed the times I've seen Landeskog.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

I personally agree with basically no one on this. I think Huberdeau is going to be a flop (I may eat my words someday, but I do believe he's overrated, overhyped, and misunderstood), and I think Landeskog has an extremely high floor (if not a high ceiling). I can't see him ever being a less than 50 pt guy, outside of his first year or two. I think his overall play will carry him even if his offense isn't elite. Regardless, I think he will progress and will be successful sooner than the Sedin's did in Vancouver. But i don't see any reason why his offensive upside isn't there with someone like Daniel Sedin. Of course he has to be with the right linemates on the right team.
If it all comes together he could be Forsberg part 2. If it doesn't he'll still always be a productive top 6 NHLer. But that's my ridiculous opinion.

That is pretty ridiculous, but I support you 100%

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
And for people saying Florida is bad at developing prospects: it's in the past, it's a new management and new coaches.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

I don't think Huberdeau will flop, but I agree with the rest of your post.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009

I highly doubt that Huberdeau will flop, but fair enough. And comparing Landeskog to Forsberg? That's pretty high praise for a prospect, they aren't even similar players imo.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
And for people saying Florida is bad at developing prospects: it's in the past, it's a new management and new coaches.

That doesn't change what's happened in the past. They are bad at developing players, until the new regime proves people otherwise.

See my discussion on this exact point from last page.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
That doesn't change what's happened in the past. They are bad at developing players, until the new regime proves people otherwise.

See my discussion on this exact point from last page.

No, it doesn't change the past. We were bad at developing prospects. But you can't really say that we are still bad at developing prospects, when we have change almost everything since those years. Time will tell, but don't judge the new management because of the former managements mistakes.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
No, it doesn't change the past. We were bad at developing prospects. But you can't really say that we are still bad at developing prospects, when we have change almost everything since those years. Time will tell, but don't judge the new management because of the former managements mistakes.

I'm not.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Please tell me this isn't going to be the new Tavares vs Duchene. :cry:

The Tavares vs Duchene is mostly because their statistics in the NHL after 2 years looks pretty much the same..but IMO, it's only a matter of time..or team..till Tavares explodes and reaches 100 pts. As for Huberdeau, people tend to say that he's overrated and overhyped. But, what's your source? What's your point? Just because he was not even ranked last year, just because he knew when to bring his game up a notch when it's important for his career, just because he won a Memorial Cup, maybe just because he is Québecois, does not mean he's going to bust. Before saying that he's all that, all haters here, have you guys thought about the endless hours that the Florida Panthers scouts have put into drafting him 3rd overall? Drafting is not only on paper, it's about the player on the ice and himself. Huberdeau will not bust.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
The Tavares vs Duchene is mostly because their statistics in the NHL after 2 years looks pretty much the same..but IMO, it's only a matter of time..or team..till Tavares explodes and reaches 100 pts. As for Huberdeau, people tend to say that he's overrated and overhyped. But, what's your source? What's your point? Just because he was not even ranked last year, just because he knew when to bring his game up a notch when it's important for his career, just because he won a Memorial Cup, maybe just because he is Québecois, does not mean he's going to bust. Before saying that he's all that, all haters here, have you guys thought about the endless hours that the Florida Panthers scouts have put into drafting him 3rd overall? Drafting is not only on paper, it's about the player on the ice and himself. Huberdeau will not bust.

Gilbert Brule says hi. LOL.

I'm stuck in an upcoming draft where I hold 2nd overall as well. I have been seriously considering Landeskog but have been leaning towards Larsson lately. I don't have any impact forward prospects to speak of and I flopped big time a few years ago with Esposito. I've been playing it safe lately by taking L.Schenn, Kulikov, Golubef, Smid so my defence is ok.

In another league a few years ago I also had 2nd overall and being the Canucks homer I am was so heart set on Hodgson because of all the 'intangibles' he brings and him having a great WJC that I took him right ahead of Drew Doughty. I am scared of drafting Landeskog now at #2 ahead of Larsson...

I also think Huberdeau is far over hyped and have no interest in drafting him.

hskates21*

Huberdeau could make both Oilers and Avs seem foolish, Strome I don't think so.

Stromes upside is as good as anyone's in the draft he was voted by the coaches in the OHL last year as the best passer best stickhandler and most improved

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dayvan Cowboy

Registered Genius
Feb 22, 2009
AVS FANS ASSEMBLE

I lol'd because it is so true. I have never have been a fan of Landeskog and I probably never will be. I would not be the least bit surprised if he is the worst player picked second overall this past decade. The fact he is firmly entrenched in every Avalanche fans mouth doesn't make it any easier for me to like him.

Huberdeau easily for me. And I don't even really like Huberdeau all that much.

IslesBro715

May 24, 2009
Florida
I don't think Landeskog has I high enough offensive ceiling to warrant his draft position. Just my opinion. I wanted Huberdeau to fall to #5 but it didn't happen :/

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
Strokes upside is as good as anyone's in the draft he was voted by the coaches in the OHL last year as the best passer best stickhandler and most improved

Best stickhandler went to Joey Hishon if I'm not mistaken

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->