Huberdeau or Landeskog?

Jul 10, 2010
which one do you see as having the better career? huberdeau has sick hands and can score in bunches, but landeskog has the ability to play in all situations.

which one has a better year this year? better career? does either win any awards?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Offensive: Huberdeau

Overall player: Landeskog.

I think both will have great careers especially with Landeskog playing with either Stastny or Duchene.

Holy Jokinen

Mar 4, 2007
Tampa
Landeskog may be the most underrated, unhyped number 2 pick ever...

I actually agree with this.

I think Lando is an excellent player, but he doesn't have the flash that Huberdeau seems to have. This probably explains the greater hype for Huberdeau. Not to mention that Hubs is Canadian, while Lando isn't.

Both players could be franchise players, easily. If both players reach their potential, i personally would like Lando's game better. But in terms of team needs, the Panthers need the game-breaking scorer with hands and whatnot more than the Lando's type of game. But i would've been happy with either guy on draft day. It's a shame these guys weren't drafted into the same conference - they'd be fun to watch in the same game, but that's not gonna happen too often.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
lol how is he underrated?

You see so many people who think he'll max out as a 60 point player with intangibles, when he really has the potential to be a 40 goal PPG player with very strong defensive play (If he was a center he would probably be considered Selke caliber, but defensive wingers never get any attention for it) and captain potential. Huberdeau has high upside too but people don't hype Landeskog at all.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Huberdeau.

I think it's quite possible that Huberdeau and Strome end up making Colorado look very foolish. Maybe Couturier as well. I could easily see these guys ending up way better.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Huberdeau.

I think it's quite possible that Huberdeau and Strome end up making Colorado look very foolish. Maybe Couturier as well. I could easily see these guys ending up way better.

Huberdeau could make both Oilers and Avs seem foolish, Strome I don't think so.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
which one do you see as having the better career? huberdeau has sick hands and can score in bunches, but landeskog has the ability to play in all situations.

which one has a better year this year? better career? does either win any awards?

Tough to see who has the better career as of right now. They are obviously contrasting players in terms of style. Though I do think generally, Huberdeau's grit is underrated and Lando's hands are underrated. Huberdeau has the higher offensive potential IMO but I think Lando was the safer pick. The neat thing about this draft is that the top 4 teams all got exactly what they needed. You rarely see that.

I think they will both shadow eachother's careers very closely in terms of impact to their respective teams. They are both great forward prospects that are well rounded, competitive, and have a very visible inner fire. I put Couturier in with them and Larsson and RNH also, I think Philly got a bit of a steal at #8. Though I can't really say anything bad about Strome or Zibanejad either. But Winnipeg better hope Scheifele turns out at least as good as Cooter or that will go down as a big draft blunder. Personally I think Cooter will get his skating straightened out and he'll be a 6'4" 220 lb. tank on skates and at least a second line center.

Lando will most likely be an Av this season and Hubey will most likely not be a panther, so in terms of NHL production I think Lando definitely has the better year.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Huberdeau will be the best player out of that draft. Don't say that Landeskog's overall game is better. Hubbie plays in all situation with St. John's and is a very well rounded player plus having a really high hockey sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->