Recalled/Assigned: Howden and Gauthier assigned to/recalled from Hartford

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
Does this mean at least one of Hájek, Rykov and Kravtsov do not see NHL hockey for the rest of the season? Or is Hájek exempt from the rule as he had been up with the Rangers already and only went down after an injury?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Before the Skjei trade came through I made the joke to my dad that they couldn't even toss us a bone and waive Howden.

They're just f***ing with me!

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Does this mean at least one of Hájek, Rykov and Kravtsov do not see NHL hockey for the rest of the season? Or is Hájek exempt from the rule as he had been up with the Rangers already and only went down after an injury?
A good question I will be watching an answer for!

If so, that makes Chytil eligible too. Hartford Cup run would be fun at least.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Deadline for the AHL is in March, so you could see another guy go down later if they choose to do it.

Think the only one that makes sense at this point would be DiGuiseppe.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Deadline for the AHL is in March, so you could see another guy go down later if they choose to do it.

everything i've seen the deadline for guys to be eligible for the AHL playoffs was the nhl deadline...they had to be on the AHL roster at 3pm today.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Did they physically have to go to Hartford for the moves to clear? Are they being put up at at Super 8 tonight and then coming back tomorrow morning for the game on the Island?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

This is a paper transaction so that they can play in Hartford for their playoff run. Howden should just go the f*ck down and stay there, though.

The fact that they did this for Howden indicates that they're not totally blind to his NHL issues, which is something I guess.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Did they physically have to go to Hartford for the moves to clear? Are they being put up at at Super 8 tonight and then coming back tomorrow morning for the game on the Island?

They have to sleep overnight in Port Authority. Like on a bench.

Reactions: will1066

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

No. The limit of 4 call ups does not apply in the case of an injury replacement.

No. It's just a paper transaction.

Reactions: will1066

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

DiGiuseppe has to clear waivers now and I doubt the Rangers would risk losing him even if the chance was slight.

Reactions: Leetch3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad