How'd you decide your username?

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Why did you pick the username you have on HF? I've changed mine multiple times. Decided on mine for the fact that I like the Badgers amongst other teams in college hoops/hockey.

What about y'all?

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Fan of the Panthers & Pens (born in the Burgh, moved to Miami after college) plus the year I was born. (yes, I'm an old soul/dinosaur)
Dude there’s no way you’re actually that old lmao.

Anyways I was born thousands of years ago and witnessed every great event in recorded history. So I figured it was right.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Basically a handle I've been using since the mid 90s. Used to name all my main characters in rpgs forge, so that's what I decided to use when I established an online presence

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
StanGetz (previous) - I love jazz and Stan Getz was the G
emogetz.jpg

(still top return on google, which is hilarious)

LarryFisherman - Because Mac Miller is my fav artist and it still sucks super hard that he's not with us anymore. Just showing love.
5b9935c33cccd11c008b457d

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I used to make usernames based on "the times" like "Prallchenger"(Gallagher, Prust, Galchenyuk) or "BlameitonPK"(my very first).

But I settled on this moniker of SirClintonPortis to unify my identity with my other (mostly inactive) Redskins accounts.

It also serves to represent my rather unique fandom journey.

As someone who grew up in Maryland cheering for local teams on and off, I used to have interest in the Redskins, Capitals, Orioles, and 'Michael Jordan".

I still am a fan of the Washington football team and I destroyed by Caps fandom after their choke about ten years ago to follow the Canadiens in toto. Don't really care about Basketball or Baseball now.

The Caps-Pens rivalary is mostly a one-sided inferiority complex that is a high school grade of "hate". My hatred towards Canadiens rivals is actually virulent and actually passionate "to the core".

Hate the Bruins(sins too many to count)
Hate the Sabres(yeah, Tyler Myers, Gerbe, those guys).
Hate the Sens. (MICROFRACTURED IRRELEVANCE)

Reactions: holy

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I was born without a last name but some Imperial officer made a joke that my name should be Han Solo, so I just stuck with that ever since.

Reactions: britdevil

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The last few years of Claude Julien’s tenure were frustrating and Zdeno Chara seemed to be reduced to doing nothing more than gathering the puck on the left side of the blue line and wristing tumbling muffins toward the net, seemingly for a deflection or a rebound. A “pucks on net” philosophy is certainly a CJ theme, but the perpetual, consistent ineffectiveness of this play wasn’t corrected until after a coaching change.

Some people take my username as me not liking Chara, but that’s not true at all.

I used to change usernames rather frequently and have considered doing so since Z just left, but we’ll have to see.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
I have changed mine many of times. So I went with a Mark Lee fumble from a HNIC game from 09 or 10. Also because his Corey Power Potter Play call wouldn't fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad