Injury Report: Howard to IR; Coreau recalled (Howard out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain)

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Watching that play I'm confused what Jensen was trying to do.

Maybe we can see more of Coreau getting some starts. Kind of collapsed against Pittsburgh but has potential to be a solid guy in limited starts.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Honestly thought it'd be worse. I guess he can still go to LTIR, but I was assuming at least a month. Hopefully either Mrazek plays air tight or we lose a bunch and are officially out of contention to force our GM's hand.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Honestly thought it'd be worse. I guess he can still go to LTIR, but I was assuming at least a month. Hopefully either Mrazek plays air tight or we lose a bunch and are officially out of contention to force our GM's hand.

Well for now they put Howard on 7 day IR, That way they can recall Coreau. I think the Injury is pretty bad for Howard they had to carry him off. If he's out for 6 weeks or more they can still put him on LTIR plus that would clear enough cap to fit Helm on the roster when he comes off in a week or so. Without having to send too many players down.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Watching that play I'm confused what Jensen was trying to do.

Maybe we can see more of Coreau getting some starts. Kind of collapsed against Pittsburgh but has potential to be a solid guy in limited starts.

I think he was trying to do what we see people asking players like Ericsson and Dekeyser to do more of: be strong in front of the net and try to make someone pay the price for going there. He's just undersized and did a lousy, off-balanced job of it, and Howard paid the price.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
I was so happy I nabbed Howard as a 3rd goalie in my fantasy, I did not even get a full game out of him :shakehead

Well, it does not get better than this for Coreau, what an opportunity, take it and run with it kid.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
I think he was trying to do what we see people asking players like Ericsson and Dekeyser to do more of: be strong in front of the net and try to make someone pay the price for going there. He's just undersized and did a lousy, off-balanced job of it, and Howard paid the price.

I thought this was serious until you mentioned DeKeyser. Larry Murphy was tougher in front than Dekeyser will ever be.

We can ask away, but that's like asking Miller to make moves like Datsyuk... not physically possible.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Out of all the injuries, this is the one that kills the DRWs the most. Wings don't have a goalie on Howard's level to save their bacon.

And who would've thunked that before the season?

Sucks for Jimmeh. Mrazek needs to step and take his chunk of cheese. Coreau should get a few games to showcase himself as a backup for next season.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Would be hard to hurt Coreau from the press box.

Except that Coreau is starting vs. Florida, tonight:

Blashill on how Mrazek handled news Coreau is starting for #RedWings: "Like every other professional in that room, he said OK.

Blashill: " I make the decisions and lots of times guys don’t agree with them. I don’t expect players to agree with them. I expect players to want to be in."

From Brendan Savage, retweeted by Ansar Khan

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I think it is only Ericsson who can do this. Unfortunately it was Jensen who is way too undersized for it tying and making things worse.
2 injured goalies and an assist is the Nick Jensen hat trick!
:laugh: good one
Yup. And I was surprised people said he had a good game in the GDT. Lol.

This team can't handle another game with Jensen it in. Wings need Lashoff back ASAP!

I did not watch 3rd, but I thought he was one of our best players in period 1. He made a great pinch and we actually created the best pressure we had in the period. He also made another good play in the neutral zone. As for the turnover he made, it was all kronwalls fault as he sent a granade impossible to handle.

Pretty much. I don't see any way of preventing a free fall if Mrazek doesn't elevate his game significantly.

If Mrazek plays bad, then we will outcompete everyone for the last place in the league. We are doomed. But many posters will enjoy sucking, I guess.

Blashill on how Mrazek handled news Coreau is starting for #RedWings: "Like every other professional in that room, he said OK.

Blashill: " I make the decisions and lots of times guys don’t agree with them. I don’t expect players to agree with them. I expect players to want to be in."

We have a chance to steal this game with Mrazek on the top of his game, otherwise we lose.
With Coreau in net we will lose badly I am afraid. But the ship is sinking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Was talking about Jensen, I thought Lashoff would be in tonight.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think it is only Ericsson who can do this. Unfortunately it was Jensen who is way too undersized for it tying and making things worse.

What hurts is that there are a couple of guys with the size, or at least the frame (Sproul, Dekeyser), but don't have the attitude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad