Injury Report: Howard to 7-day IR (Groin injury)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Injuries usually hit Howard's play pretty hard. Hope this is an exception, but I'm thinking Mrazek needs to really get it together now for this team to have any chance to make a run for a playoff spot.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
that sucks

even when he gets back his play will probably take a dramatic dive like it usually does when he gets injured

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Actually if he is not out for a long, 1-2 weeks, he will be fine.

I mean he was out for less than a month last time he had a groin injury two years ago and went from being one of the best Goalies in the league to one of the worst before and after

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Sucks for Jimmy, but we actually needed this. We need to see what Coreau can do at the NHL level and we need to get Mrazek some games to get out of his funk.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Will we see the ridiculous Blabhill nonsense about the AHL guy having to sit while the struggling "vet" plays?

Has everyone had their fill of that turkey?

I'd rather work our struggling veteran in Mrazek because he's going to be on the roster all year and needs to work out of this funk.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Howard begins to play like AS
Groin Injury
Play drops
Repeat.

I feel pretty bad for Howard that this is the case. But it does seem he needs the full off-season to overcome whatever injuries he has picked up.

I hope we are wrong and he rebounds. He was playing great and also making a pretty good case to Vegas to be their guy in the process.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
It's very unfortunate. I love Howard. And like usual he started off great putting up amazing numbers.

But now that he got hurt he will struggle when he returns.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Now Howard's season is done

that sucks

even when he gets back his play will probably take a dramatic dive like it usually does when he gets injured
Not if he is not out for too long.
Coreau may fool you guys, Hes a good goalie.
How do you know this? He has not played a single game in the NHL.
It's very unfortunate. I love Howard. And like usual he started off great putting up amazing numbers.

But now that he got hurt he will struggle when he returns.

If he is out for 2 weeks, I would not worry. More than that ...

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Just so they don't panic and trade for yet another stopgap veteran. Either Mrazek fights through it, or lottery, here we come. But the days of wasting picks and prospects on this coma patient of a playoff streak need to be long gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->