How You/Your Team Did Thread

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
Ok, this is a little late, but im still extremely bitter about it.

My team was absolutley unbelievable, we won the first 20 (or so) games and won the district 7 championship. We moved on to the stats championship....so were up 1-0 with 1 period gone. We put one inthe net, the goalie gets pissed and pushes the net....The ref (who went to the school we were playing) said the net was off...we just accepted it since were up 1-0. 2 minutes later they score...about 10 minutes after than i rang one off the back crossbar, again called no goal... about 2 minutes left in the 3rd period, the ref deems it necassary to call a penalty shot, when our defensemen was checked from behind...of course they score, we lose, and i flipped out on the ref.

The rest of the season was great, i made a bunch of new friends and dominated my leauge

58 goals-24 assists-100PIM

y'know.. forward passes are allowed now;)

Last edited:

HabsMarc

Aug 8, 2008
Quebec City
We had a great season, we finisehd 21-4-0.
We went in a tournament final, but we lost 1-0 against some Quebec City rivals.
We went to the regional championships, and did not pass the qualification round, a virus affected the half of the teams. Fever, headaches, throwing up(those were the main symptoms)

For myself, I play D and had a good year. 2g-14a in 21 games, with a +17 rating and 24 penalty minutes.

TheAnalogKid

Jul 26, 2005
Windsor, Colorado
We won our adult league championship last night, finishing the season 12-0.

We also lost the game though and had to come back from a 2 goal deficit with 2 minutes left in the 3rd, eventually winning in OT.

I had a "career" year with 7g, 5a, 6PIM.

We play again, in a different town, in about a month for the fall league

hckyfan0099

Jul 4, 2006
BUFU
We are going back to the championship game again to defend our title. Last year we won in OT like 1:30 into it. It was quite possibly the greatest moment ever. I was out there and I got to throw the gloves up in the air and pile on top of the guy who scored. We were the 3rd seed going into the playoffs and needed to beat the 6th, then 1st, then 2nd seed to win. We played so good in the playoffs and now we get to go again. We won our last game 7-6. It was ******* nuts. We had 4 and they had 10 and we still won. It is a 4 on 4 roller hockey league but we have 2 kids on the team who are big smokers and can barely make it a period. Like everything we did worked and everytime we had a scoring chance we capitalized. Now we go back to face the same team as we did last season. It is like a total reenactment.

Kimmy17

Jan 26, 2009
Pompano Beach , Fla
My co ed team

Well I am a new user here . So I would like to add my two cents here. I am a woman player and currently am playing coed , women's house and travel . My last game was last night. My co ed team . Well honestly I make my team and the whole league co ed . I am the only woman . But it was the championship game. My team which is called the Stars played the Wings . They are our biggest rivals in this league . The only team we lost to all season. It was a very close first ending 2-1 Stars. The second became a bit chippy. Elbows were coming up and sticks were flailing. Got my feet taken out and no call. Oh well. Not the first time that has happened. Both teams had several penalties . But we came out of it 4-1. The third was more of the same. But we ended on a high note. Finished the game winning 5-2. So not a bad night. I had several great shots , but no goals personally. But I have more than double my points since last season. So progression . Now we get to say back to back champs for a week or two until the next season starts LOL. It is so much fun to play. I am glad I am helping a team by subbing for them tonight. Hope your alls days is going well. Enjoy . And keeping playing .

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
Played on a beer league team last season; play just scrub this season. One of the groups my dad is running (in the afternoon)- mostly retired guys and shift workers. One of the groups is most of the guys from the beer league team.

The league used to have 2 divisions (A&B). Has only had one division the past few years. I was one of the younger guys on the team at age 40; most of the teams have a lot of younger guys or have picked up better and younger players (30+ league that allows 5 players 25+).

After 2 years of getting beat badly we decided to fold the team.
went 2-26-2 the last season and 0-4 in the playoffs. Even on a pretty even tempered fun loving team that was enough for us.

Had a similar record the second last season.
I remember one of our wins was against one of the top two teams (their goalie showed up drunk). Another was when their regular goalie couldn't show up and one of their players played in goal with his equipment.

Right now i'm off for a few weeks (foot surgery) and missing playing.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
I'm brutal.

My team is playing against the other really good team in our league last night. Its 2-1, with about 5 mins left in the 3rd. My center and I are in on a 2-on-1. He plays a perfect pass over to me, and i have an open net. I hit the ****ing post. Not only do I hit the post, but the rebound comes right to me. I have the far side of the net wide open, because by this point the goalie has slid over to cover the previous shot. So i have ANOTHER wide open net, and i hit the OTHER post! wtf!

We went on to lose 2-1. Lame.:shakehead

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Arguably the worst game I've had in 2-3 years. The legs weren't there and I couldn't complete a pass to save my life. Even after the game, I kinda sat there in disbelief, not saying a word to anybody. It was bad enough that I even considered calling it a "career", but one friend who I've known since HS and was on the opposing team may have talked me out of it. I don't know, I'm still TBD.

Our team as a whole didn't play that great and that'll probably happen when you have no bench for all but five minutes, but last night was a game that I probably won't forget anytime soon. :(

Points? 2 assists that were pretty much gimmes since the opposing team stopped trying when they were up by 7. They ended up winning by 10.

Saved*

Just played a good game. 1 goal 1 assist, our team was supremely out matched by the other team though, with a few ringers on the other team lighting it up.

The only time we made good plays was when we tried to hot dog it a bit with fancy moves. If we skated up and just held up at the line and shot in, the puck would be up by our blue line before we could shoot. If we dumped it, it would be shot back out. I had a nice play where I chipped the puck off the boards, picked puck up on the other side, skated in and curled to my left. I passed the puck through the legs and it made it through about 4 sticks and my team mate just tipped it wide.

A bone head move of mine: Caught a pass from the point when I was about 15 feet, all alone, in front of the net. I lazily skated up and went to go glove side and hit the chest.. DOH.

I had about 6 shots on net, with one being a Pascal Dupuis esque slap-shot from the blue line while barreling down the wing. Just clipped the shoulder and popped out. My center got the puck out and flipped it into the slot for me and I wired it off the post. THAT pissed me off.

I got slashed stick/stick and some of the carbon fiber is frayed on my shaft.. I'm going to have to repair it with see through tape now. :(

Patfan1987

Sep 26, 2008
MA
Playing in my first organized hockey experience. Its an adult intro to hockey league, i just really started skating and playing in Jan. and have been improving greatly. We have about a 40 minute pick up game at the end of each class and i have scored a goal in each of the last two games. No real score keeping but its a lot of fun and a great way to improve.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
played the same team that I mentioned in my last post tonight.

4 goals and an assist and numerous attempts that should have been buried. Played probably 1000% better than I did 3 weeks ago. We ended up losing by 2, but considering the team we played, I'll take it.

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
i coached for the first time this season. i coached middle school aged kids. most of them 11 12 and 13. we did pretty well. we finished second out of 4 teams in the season and lost in the first round. the game went to like 4 ots. the first ot was 4-4 for like 4 minutes, then it went to 3-3, then 2-2, in which we got a penalty (30 sec) so it was a 2-1, then 2-2 and they scored and we lost

we scored 104 goals in 16 games but gave up 101

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Our season wrapped up a couple of weeks ago, it was sure odd. Playing in the Weekend Hockey League in Kitimat, we only had 5 guys from the previous year back on the team. Others moved to Old Timers and some just stopped playing. We started off the year going 3-9-3 before going on an 8-2-1 run to finish the regular season. We came together around the New Year's mark. We then went a perfect 4-0-0 in a round robin to determine seeding for the playoffs, before winning the semis and then the final for the league championship. First time I've been on a team that won a big trophy! It was pretty sweet!

~Canucklehead~

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
My high school team was absolutely horrible. The team consisted of a 4 juniors, 5 seniors, and 2 sophomores that made the team.

The league allowed kids who didn't have their high school to play on other teams, and I got my summer friend to join me. He barely showed up (his parents just got divorced and it's been pretty rough for him, but he hasn't contacted me at all). One of the sophomores was bullied by the seniors for his horrible play (he was similar to Mike Comrie with all the stupid toe drags), and he didn't show up to any more games after the 5th or 6th game. In a sense, we were down 2 men for three quarters of the season.

The seniors were obnoxious and thought they were running the show in the locker room. They showed absolutely no respect for me (I'm a junior), and my goalie who isn't exactly Mr. Clutch. I had many different stints of wanting to quit this team because of the way the acted in the locker room. They always talked about the parties they were at the night before, how high or drunk they got, and what colleges they are going to because of the better parties and girls. Not once did they talk about hockey before the game unless it was reminiscing about a year or 2 ago. Then after the game, none of them ever held accountability for their mistakes. They would either blame me, each other, or the goalie, and I would go home and complain about how bad the seniors were on and off the rink. My defense partner was a senior who skated like a truck can drive between his legs, and he was criticizing every move I made on the rink trying to be my mentor. I would quietly refuse to get dressed in the locker room until he went our for warm ups, then I got dressed as soon as I could.

I played 2 years ago with these guys when they were sophomores and I was a freshman, and they hadn't matured one bit. They still that need to blame the younger kids. Last year, I was the sophomore and kids from a nearby town came to play on my team and they truly showed me how to play 4-on-4 roller hockey. My stats went from 20-0-1-1 as a freshman, to 20-7-11-19 as a sophomore. Playing with these kids again, my stats were 17-2-5-7. The only 2 goals I scored were 2 games in a row (and beauties if I do say so myself), and I didn't get a goal for the remaining 11 games.

We went 4-14-2, one of our wins was a forfeit by the other team and we hadn't won a game from December to February. We were one of 4 teams in the entire league to not make the playoffs.

Good news is in my house league I have my championship game in an hour. Wish me luck :)

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
My old intramural squad had to go our separate ways this season because we couldn't get enough people together to form a team. I'm a goalie and goalies aren't exactly in demand, so I put my name on a free-agent list, happy with any ice time I could get. I got a reply from three teams and tried to pull a fast one and play for all three. The officials (quickly) caught wise and told me I'd be suspended unless I stuck with one team. So I picked one (the only one capable of making the playoffs) and we barely made it in as the 11th out of 12 playoff teams. Our team can't score for beans but we've been in crazy shutdown mode defensively of late, and it was enough to get through three playoff games and the title showdown. I played perfect and got a shutout for a 2-0 win, although I admit I really only faced two or three difficult shots. So I won a championship today. What did you do?:)

Last edited:

Ryan52

Jun 20, 2009
Brampton, Ontario
after a BRUTAL start to the summer league season (1 goal in 5 games), ive got 6 goals in my last 3 games
they rarely count assists (refs too lazy) so it says i have 2, but ive got atleast one a game this year

BigBearnier

Jun 9, 2007
Illinois
this week, my 3-3 league starts up. love 3-3 cuz the rink opens up, and there's a lot more room to work with the puck...

aaaand, last inline season, (a nonchecking league), i laid the biggest hit of my life without even trying. this short kid was racing me to the puck, and i got their first. He ended up hitting me, but I outweighed him significantly, because i absolutely crushed him. (I'm about 6'0'' and weigh right around 210lbs, and this kid was no taller than 5'5'', and couldn't have weighed over 160.) the kid went flying backwards, and landed headfirst into the floor. His teammate got in my face, but the ref was actually laughing, because the kid hit me, and got destroyed.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
Our team is pretty good ... our goalie is just absolutely awful. he paid for the whole season too and we are trying to find a way to dump him.

He lets in sometimes 6 very extremely soft goals a game and it kills us every week.

On a personal level I am avergaing about a point or 2 per game which is good for this 41 year old. We lost the last game and only scored 3 goals, I scored one of them and assisted on another. It made me feel good because it was my first game back in 6 weeks due to a torn bicep even though we lost by a lot.

We are 1 win and 7 losses at this point and getting frustrated at our very VERY poor goaltending.

Ryan52

Jun 20, 2009
Brampton, Ontario
Our team is pretty good ... our goalie is just absolutely awful. he paid for the whole season too and we are trying to find a way to dump him.

He lets in sometimes 6 very extremely soft goals a game and it kills us every week.

On a personal level I am avergaing about a point or 2 per game which is good for this 41 year old. We lost the last game and only scored 3 goals, I scored one of them and assisted on another. It made me feel good because it was my first game back in 6 weeks due to a torn bicep even though we lost by a lot.

We are 1 win and 7 losses at this point and getting frustrated at our very VERY poor goaltending.
whats it like in the dressing room?

ILflyersfan

Jul 19, 2009
IL
tryouts next week. we had like an "open gym" just go skate, get your legs back. shot the puck around. we had 3 scrimmage games. i made this team last year, but hurt my right leg. knee, ankle, and groin. either i am having pain from not playing in a while or i hurt it again.

i played one game with this team. hope i can make it again.

eric71*

Last season I quit a third through the season (crazy players and coaches, just couldnt put up with it), and the seaosn before that I played 18 of a possible 33 games, missed the other games from suspentions. So I guess the most recent FULL season I played I should post about.

Lost in the first round of the playoffs, finished the seaosn with about 5g 15 a in 30 games, as a defenceman who saw no ****ing PP time cause my coach is a dick, and even though I scored 2 PP goals in the first 5 games of the season as a Dman he still took me off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad