How You/Your Team Did Thread

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Played the first game of the fall season (adult in house)

Lost 10-6. Had a hat trick and an assist. Most fun I've had losing in a long time.

sharkticon

Jul 13, 2007
Teal Town, CA
Got eliminated the first round of the playoffs last night.

Lost 4-3.

However, we only had 7 skaters vs. 15+ on the other team (Summer finals falls during vacation time i guess)

We actually came really close to winning... oh well.

greekdrummer

Jan 2, 2007
tampa,fl
i did 201 today and got the game puck which goes to the best player and the guy that scores the game winning goal at the end of the little game we play. coach said im more than ready for rec

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
i just play in a rec league and i joined my team midway through last season because they were in need of guys. i said that i'd come back for them again this year and that was a huge mistake. i've only played about 20 games and only have 3 goals and 3 assists to speak for, the team has been abysmal as we only have 1 win so far (approx. 1-28-1) and it's got to the point where guys just don't try anymore which is disheartening. the real bad news is that apparently they might not ask me back next year because of my "lazy" play which even i can attest to on occasion. it's just hard to go out and skate a hard shift in an 8-1 game. so there's a chance i won't play any winter next year. luckily i have a spring team as well which is younger and faster so i can look forward to that.

steamtrain

Mar 12, 2006
West Coast
Snowboarding is killing my hockey skills... 3 years ago, I was one of the leading goalscorers in my league (university intramural league), now I'm a minus player every game and can't get a point to save my life...

On the other hand, cliff drops and pow slashes are pretty thrilling, and I don't smell nearly as bad at the end of the day... :-P

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
saturday night we had our 11th game of a 14 game round robin.
(just so its clear, Im assistant coach for the team)

we were playing a team from Abitibi (about 6 hours north of montreal).
They jumped out to a 3-0 lead early in the second period. Our point leader then made it 3-1 before they made it 4-1. With two minutes left in the 2nd period our captain was awarded a penalty shot and he made no mistake with it deking the goalie to the backhand.
We went in the changing room down by 2.

to start the third we came out flying and tied the game after only 2:04 of play.
Abitibi however regained their lead just one minute later and then started to trap. We couldnt get anything going.

With three minutes left our third line manged to get a fast break 3 on 2 and put the puck in to tie it up at 5.

With 1:20 left as we were readying for a change up our player passed the blue line and threw it twords the net before comming to the bench...the goalie went to catch it but missed it. went straight in top corner.

was a great comback and a 6-5 win.

moves us up to 5th place out of 14 teams.
We gotta keep working. We should be in the top 2 but we got off to a very bad start in this round robin after winning the regular season by 9 points.

Owen Money

Jan 1, 2007
We got smoked twice today. I'm in a very casual no check/no slap coed league. I accidentally leveled my kid's Squirt coach, and I'm sure it looked intentional (my shoulder squarely between his nipples, him flying backwards...), but I apologized during the game and again after. I got a goal last night, and another today. Today's was a garbage goal - fired it on net and their D deflected it - but it made up for the one I tried to boot and sent past our goalie.

They wanted me to stay as an extra skater for one of the teams playing in the championship game, but I was dying after two games. I'm working on getting in better shape, but I'm apparently not there yet!

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
I played in a 10 game rec league two sessions ago but had to sit out the last two due to injury. Last session I played we won 7 of 10. I have 6 goals and 13 assist. We lost in the 2nd round of out playoffs. After that, first session i sat out, they won 6 of 10. this session 3 of 9. Last game is tonight. I didn't get to make it out there so I am waiting for my friend to get home.
I get to play this coming up session and I've had a lot of time to work off the rink. My puck control has gotten better. and i feel my skating has gotten a better the past few weeks from going to our stick n' pucks and working with the best skater in the league.

I get to go this wednesday and and get new gear. skates, stick, gloves, helmet, shin pads, and probably a new net to. there are so many holes in mine its not even funny.

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
I played in a 10 game rec league two sessions ago but had to sit out the last two due to injury. Last session I played we won 7 of 10. I have 6 goals and 13 assist. We lost in the 2nd round of out playoffs. After that, first session i sat out, they won 6 of 10. this session 3 of 9. Last game is tonight. I didn't get to make it out there so I am waiting for my friend to get home.
I get to play this coming up session and I've had a lot of time to work off the rink. My puck control has gotten better. and i feel my skating has gotten a better the past few weeks from going to our stick n' pucks and working with the best skater in the league.

I get to go this wednesday and and get new gear. skates, stick, gloves, helmet, shin pads, and probably a new net to. there are so many holes in mine its not even funny.

Balmer15

Mar 25, 2008
Ballymoney NI
my inline team is 5-0-1

i have 1 goal and 2 assists , no penalty minutes this season but had 24 last season...one more and i would have been banned :naughty: it's u16 in northern ireland, so yeah not very high quality play. a team came over from scotland, and walked the other teams, expected to do the same to us...first game was 4-1 with FIVE of our goals disallowed :yo: second was 5-1 to us, not sure how it went as i was injured, and wasnt able to go.

my ice team is 6-0-0

i have 12 goals, and 8 assists, it's an inhouse u16 league in dundalk. most of my inline team plays, and we're all split up, which means there's always something making you want to out play them...bragging rights!i stepped in for two games as they were short benched, both were my second games and i scored 4 goals and got a couple of assists.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I play for a team, I am only in Bantam A (15 Years Old), at least I'm not in Bantam B, and we won the City championship on Tuesday. I am the team captain and got to hold the cup first. :P I was impressed this year, I got 30 Goals and around 54 assists for 84 points in about 50 games.

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
Late by 2 weeks, but we lost the city Championship in OT after a shady tying goal that involved them pushing our goalie into the back of the net while she covered up the puck and counted it. I was kicked out of the (women's hockey) game for protesting it and threatening the ref that I'll crash their goalie into the back of the net and it better count. :laugh:

It was our first Finals loss after winning it 4 times in a row. :(

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
Won gold in the Canadian Deaf Ice Hockey Championships this weekend!
Represented Ontario and we whupped every single team.
15-0 vs BC
13-0 vs Quebec
6 - 1 vs Western Praries

3-1 for Gold vs Western!
It was really amazing being there. It's the best hockey team I've ever played with on my life. Being in a room full of guys I can communicate with without a problem (in sign language) was amazing, we were such a tight group all year and we were practicing only once a week for 15 weeks. It was truly amazing to be a part of history, outscoring all teams by 37-2.

My season's over now, no more hockey until I go to University in Washington DC this fall and somehow find a rink and a beer league hopefully. :cry:

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
don't get me started.. my team rolled through the regular season. Finished tied for first place in points, scored 30more goals than the next best team.. outscored the top teams 20-8 in head to head match ups, had the top three scorers...

and lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs.. why? idiots of whom I don't recollect playing with decided to show up for the playoff games.. FIVE count em FIVE guys who played no more than a fifth of the season leaving us with essentially 2lines all season showed up (and by the way they were the worst skaters with absolutely zero hockey sense).. fair's fair so we put them in.. of course the OTHER team pretty much rolled two lines of their best players over and over... my line with the leagues top three scorers became one of FOUR forward lines (so you can guess how much ice time we got) In the end I lost my mind at being behind to a team we'd destroyed in three games this season and demanded to be switched to defense.... the result? two assists to bring us close (5-4) but in the end we still lost...

2nd straight season of killing the entire league then getting ********d in the playoffs by the SAME idiots showing up all eager and s***** during playoff time.

I broke every single stick I had (except my new vapor XXX of course... I'm not THAT crazy) screamed at the entire team and quit right there (in the locker room)

No one even dared approach me as I changed...

I was pissed cause I've worked too hard this season to get back in shape after dealing with thyroid cancer and the inevitable toll it took on my body (hell there was a point where I could barely walk right) Dealt with radiation, surgery, ate right, worked out when my brain and body asked for a break, played my ass off for 4months, skated at every scrimage, stick and puck and public session I could find in order to get my hands, legs and lungs back, dealt with dizzyness and near fainting spells,... still played. Didn't really give a crap about my stats (though it was nice to see my linemates shred teams for about 4-5goals a game)...only to be ********* ROYALLY by a bunch of out of shape, idiots living in the glory days of their youth...

One of the few things that put a smile on my face during all the health struggles was the thought of getting back on the ice and once I felt better I figured why work so hard in the reg season if you don't intend to take it all the way?

sucks:cry: But somehow I'll live

thanks for letting me vent though:)

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
We got smoked twice today. I'm in a very casual no check/no slap coed league. I accidentally leveled my kid's Squirt coach, and I'm sure it looked intentional (my shoulder squarely between his nipples, him flying backwards...), but I apologized during the game and again after. I got a goal last night, and another today. Today's was a garbage goal - fired it on net and their D deflected it - but it made up for the one I tried to boot and sent past our goalie.

They wanted me to stay as an extra skater for one of the teams playing in the championship game, but I was dying after two games. I'm working on getting in better shape, but I'm apparently not there yet!

and were they luscious?:sarcasm:

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
Just played 4 pick up guys with some buddies. we had 3 on 3 with 2 goalies(sometimes we play take back). i was playing D the whole time and put up 5 goals and 4 assists, and played a good defensive game, im happy with the outcome! (all games were to 5 mind you)

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
0-8. That's right, we stink, with a capital S. Although it would help more if we actually had 2 or so lines every game. We have had only 5 - 7 guys show up per game since like the 3rd or 4th game. Our goalie went AWOL, we've had some games with no goalie at all or if we do have a goalie, it's a fill-in. Everything is just a mess. Time to look for a new team ;).

Pangolin

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lost 1-0 in the finals...
We were last in the league during New Years...facing a team that's only lost twice...
So it's pretty fitting...Still a tough lost but it's been a good season

Petey3329

May 27, 2008
well my team was pretty average but we finished top 2 loosing in the finals of AAA juvenile i had a 1.57 g.a.a and a 94.8 SAV% in 32 games this year pretty good stats considering i was the youngest in the league at 17 and a had no shutouts just a bad defense core and i had 4 assists i strive on moving the puck we finnished like 24-14-3 i played most of the games and in playoff i had better numbers and thats why we lost in the finals we shouldnt even of been there

Nikita Filatov*

Ok, this is a little late, but im still extremely bitter about it.

My team was absolutley unbelievable, we won the first 20 (or so) games and won the district 7 championship. We moved on to the stats championship....so were up 1-0 with 1 period gone. We put one inthe net, the goalie gets pissed and pushes the net....The ref (who went to the school we were playing) said the net was off...we just accepted it since were up 1-0. 2 minutes later they score...about 10 minutes after than i rang one off the back crossbar, again called no goal... about 2 minutes left in the 3rd period, the ref deems it necassary to call a penalty shot, when our defensemen was checked from behind...of course they score, we lose, and i flipped out on the ref.

The rest of the season was great, i made a bunch of new friends and dominated my leauge

58 goals-24 assists-100PIM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad