How you see this build in 2 years

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I am pretty sure he meant Lundkvist.
Zac Jones is the very interesting x factor. If he becomes a legit top 4 left guy that would be amazing. I still see Fox-Lindgren because of their great chemistry and compatibility but of course things can change in two years.
Really don't see Hendrickson as a 4th liner.

Hendrickson as a 4th liner is only due to the 2 year time frame, imo he will just be sniffing around the NHL at that point

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Seth Jones is also a UFA in 2022.

I understand worrying about the cap, but I am more worried about an era of mediocrity, good but not good enough. Basically like the Rangers of the last decade or the 90s Knicks. The Leafs have shown that you can make a bunch of star players work even with the cap. The problem with the Leafs is that they focused too much of offense and not enough on defense, and it is still possible for them to get out of that with a trade. I think the Rangers definitely have room for another superstar player.
Why do people always assume every star player whos contract expires will become a UFA in x number of years?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Panarin - Chytil - Kakko
Kravtsov - Zibanejad - Buchnevich
Kreider - Strome - Gauthier
Lemieux - Henriksson - Barron

Miller - DeAngelo
Lindgren - Fox
Jones - Lundkvist

Shesterkin
Georgiev

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
i think his listing that line #1 is about panarin not saying chytil will pass mika.

IMO, if Chytil doesn’t learn to see the ice better and to learn pass the puck he’s not going to be centering for any skilled winger.

Reactions: leetch99

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Why do people always assume every star player whos contract expires will become a UFA in x number of years?

He's a lot less likely to leave than Point, but the Blue Jackets are always in a weird position. If they don't improve in the next two seasons he could have no interest in staying there, just like Panarin didn't.

He's also going to be the best UFA d-man for a long time.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
In 2 years they'll probably be entering the process of trying to retool around bad contracts and trade clauses

*This isn't my ideal team and setup, just my best guess on what will actually happen based on the situation*

Kreider-Mika-xxx
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
xxx-Chytil-Kravstov
Lemuiex-Barron-Gauthier

xxx-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Lundkvist

Igor
Wall/Huska

Buchnevich, DeAngelo and Georgiev will all be gone. Buch traded for a LD to play with Trouba. DeAngelo traded because of salary reasons and to fill a need elsewhere. Georgiev will be traded for salary reasons to a team where he might be able to start.

One of their defensemen gets taken in the expansion draft. Maybe Hajek

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
That we're penciling in Henriksson- very much a long shot boom or bust late play prospect, but not someone like Robertson, who is a safe pick at a very weak position, is strange to me.

Reactions: cwede

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That we're penciling in Henriksson- very much a long shot boom or bust late play prospect, but not someone like Robertson, who is a safe pick at a very weak position, is strange to me.

Have to agree here. Robertson was a 1st round talent, and I would not be surprised if he ends up having a better career than Miller. We have them, plus Zac Jones and it's unlikely all 3 will make it to the NHL for us, but I like our odds of at least one of them being a solid contributor

Deleted member 23124

of course this is all speculation, please don't over-react to where i disagree

IMHO Jones probably wont be in NHL in 2 years,
IF he turns pro after Junior year, (whenever he turns pro) he'll still need some AHL time

Strome maybe wont still be here,
maybe not ADA by then either

Henriksson may not be ready that soon either, he didn't really find a groove this year

as noted often here, Barron may land at wing in NHL

until he has a crappy 2d NA season,
i don't take Rykov out of the picture yet
similar w Reunanen or even Hajek
strongest opinion: Robertson may jump over all the other young LHD
Some LHD, these, or Miller, get moved for future young vet upgrade(s) as cited below

i do believe that after Seattle draft, if these remain key roster holes
some prospects will get moved for a young vet C and maybe also a young vet LHD
I doubt Strome and ADA will be here.

I am in TOTAL agreement about Robertson!!!!

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Kreider Zibanejad Buchnevich
Panarin Strome Kakko
XXX Chytil Kravstov
Lemieux Howden Gauthier

Miller Trouba
Lindgren Fox
Hajek DeAngelo

Shestyrkin
Georgiev

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Jones will get twice what he's worth. Hard pass.
He’s gonna get 16 million a year? Besides his injury does anyone else not think Seth Jones is a beast? Not saying I would sign him (we can’t afford him) but he’s a tremendous talent

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He’s gonna get 16 million a year? Besides his injury does anyone else not think Seth Jones is a beast? Not saying I would sign him (we can’t afford him) but he’s a tremendous talent
He's a good player but I wouldn't pay more than 6-7 for him. He'll probably get 12-13. He's big, he's fast, and he plays a lot. Checks off all the reputation boxes.

Meanwhile, he's pedestrian offensively, and is way more in the category of "nothing bad happens" than a dominant force.

He's a more narrative-driven Anton Stralman. I loved Stralman but think about what you'd realistically pay for peak Stralman.

Reactions: egelband

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He's a good player but I wouldn't pay more than 6-7 for him. He'll probably get 12-13. He's big, he's fast, and he plays a lot. Checks off all the reputation boxes.

Meanwhile, he's pedestrian offensively, and is way more in the category of "nothing bad happens" than a dominant force.

He's a more narrative-driven Anton Stralman. I loved Stralman but think about what you'd realistically pay for peak Stralman.

don't think he will get paid 12-13 but he’s worth more than 6-7. Averages almost a point per game in the playoffs. only 25 years old. Pretty legit 1 RHD for me

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
don't think he will get paid 12-13 but he’s worth more than 6-7. Averages almost a point per game in the playoffs. only 25 years old. Pretty legit 1 RHD for me
That's nice, but he's a 45-55 point player in any sample that isn't 10 games.

Solid shutdown player but to me, a #1 defenseman doesn't just mitigate the opposition. A #1 defenseman should destroy the opposition.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
That's nice, but he's a 45-55 point player in any sample that isn't 10 games.

Solid shutdown player but to me, a #1 defenseman doesn't just mitigate the opposition. A #1 defenseman should destroy the opposition.

Destroying at both ends of the ice? I think you’re describing Bobby Orr and Larry Robinson lol.
Seriously tho Jones is already top 10 dman in the league and only gonna get better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad