How Would You Reveal It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Hedberg16 said:
How would you reveal the draft order?. 1-30 or 30-1
Note: There is no option for broadcast it live.

If you must know, I would walk to the podium wearing nothing but a raincoat and the lottery winner painted on underneath like a creepy old man; flash the audience and run away giggling like a little girl.

:naughty:

Duff88

May 7, 2002
30-1 is definitely the way to go IMO.

As long as the results aren't leaked (I'm not sure if it's the right word, like the media announce the information before it's officially announced) before the press conference.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Tell Crosby beforehand. Get him to put the Jersey on under a trench coat and Habs one under that. Then get him to take off the raincoat, yell GOTCHA, rip the Habs jersey off and reveal the actual winner of the lottery

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
GoLeafsGo2003 said:
Tell Crosby beforehand. Get him to put the Jersey on under a trench coat and Habs one under that. Then get him to take off the raincoat, yell GOTCHA, rip the Habs jersey off and reveal the actual winner of the lottery

Only to find another habs jersey under the riped one, habs fans rejoy, leafs fans go home crying, all is well in the world.

albathegreat*

They should announce it 30-1

The team with the 30th pick, then team with the 29th pick, etc....

Building drama for the top 5 and eventually # 1

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
1-30. Like I said in another thread, each ball drawn before the last lessens the possibilities, and therefore the surprise at the winning team.

If you go 1-30, everyone has a chance at Crosby when his ball is drawn.

Hammourabi

Apr 3, 2003
Visit site
Why go from #30 down to #1? Once #2 is revealed, the cat's out of the bag. Unless the NHL's marketing departement is astoundingly inept, I fully expect the reveal to go from #30 down to #3 and then the first pick to be announced before the second one.

hamourabi said:
Why go from #30 down to #1? Once #2 is revealed, the cat's out of the bag. Unless the NHL's marketing departement is astoundingly inept, I fully expect the reveal to go from #30 down to #3 and then the first pick to be announced before the second one.

I believe that's the way the NBA does it, so that's most likely how they'll do it here.

komisakick ass

Jul 19, 2003
Top Titty, Qc
Visit site
Seachd said:
1-30. Like I said in another thread, each ball drawn before the last lessens the possibilities, and therefore the surprise at the winning team.

If you go 1-30, everyone has a chance at Crosby when his ball is drawn.
:cry:
Pick it from 1 to 30 but annonce it from 30 to 1

Roger's Pancreas*

Thirty to one.

Hopefully there will be a white eraser board and the results will be written in Goodenow's bloo. Just to officially destroy the union.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
nomorekids said:
that's what they're doing.[/QUOTE

I don't understand- why can't they just announce the #1 pick instead of dragging it out from 30-1- that's crazy- just for drama and suspense. I truthfully am starting to tire of all the Crosby mania- my goodness the other picks are barely even mentioned in the press for the most part. Announce it and be DONE with it so we can get on to all the other things that need to get done befor October.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
puck57 said:
nomorekids said:
that's what they're doing.[/QUOTE

I don't understand- why can't they just announce the #1 pick instead of dragging it out from 30-1- that's crazy- just for drama and suspense. I truthfully am starting to tire of all the Crosby mania- my goodness the other picks are barely even mentioned in the press for the most part. Announce it and be DONE with it so we can get on to all the other things that need to get done befor October.

Well put! :handclap: There is LOTS to do before the season that is going to have major impact on our season. Things that make this look terribly small.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I like tom_servo's idea from another thread of revealing it like #15, then #14, then #16, then #13 etc.

Sniper22

Jun 17, 2005
I'd like them to privately draw 1-30 as that's the fairest way yot do it, but then immediately reveal them 30-1 on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad