How would you grade Cam Fowler's career so far, after 11 seasons, 800(ish) career games?

How would you grade Cam Fowler's career so far, after 11 seasons, 800(ish) career games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Time flies; Cam turns 30 this year and was drafted in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. (12th overall)
- he is one of those very few, unique players, who had a very brief junior career

He has recorded 735+62 career games in the NHL thus far.
In those games, he has recorded 252+27 assists and is -51.
- with 72+6 goals

He has 377+48 career hits and 996+83 career blocked shots,
he has 1184+106 career shots on goal, 11204+1039 career shot attempts.
- with 204+14 penalty minutes

Cam is known from his excellent skating ability, his passing ability in the o-zone,
but unfortunately he is also known from his mistakes in the d-zone,
although in his 11 seasons, he has improved in that department, but not that much.

His rookie season numbers are still his best regular season numbers in his career
- he broke Ducks rookie d-men points record with 40 points (10 goals)
and Ducks fans probably thought he be the next Scotty Niedermayer,..well
he didn't become that and there's no shame in that, he is one of the best d-men
ever to play ice hockey

How would you grade his career so far?

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Cam Fowler is a is a Canadian-born American professional ice hockey defenceman for the Anaheim Ducks of the National Hockey League.

Reactions: Morrison

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
C+ to B-

Never quite played to his top talent level consistently enough and missed his potential cap by a fair bit. But overall he's made a good career as a #3, borderline #2 defenseman. Every team in the league would be happy to have him, depending on cap hit.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
voted B+, being a consistently solid NHLer for 11 years is impressive on its own and he was more than just solid some years ofc

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He was insanely hyped during his draft year, especially after winning Gold @ the WJC and then the Memorial Cup and while he maybe didn't reach some of the expectations, hes churned out a solid career. Not like hes a 6th defenseman or someone whos constantly fighting for a job.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
For a 12th overall pick? I'd say his career has been a solid A, or at least A-. I'm not sure what more you could really expect out of him. He's never been an "elite" superstar, Top-5 defenceman in the league type or anything...but i'm not sure that's a fair bar to hold him to. Don't know how much more you could ask out of a 12th pick for "career value" contribution. He's lived up to any reasonable expectations i think you could've had for him entering the league, consistently, for quite a long time now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->