• Make 1st or 2nd Round of Playoffs

• Narrowly Miss Playoffs

• Comfortably Miss Playoffs/Basement Team

Results are only viewable after voting.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This roster, feel free to imagine with different line combinations in your head. Though I’d like to hear what you think the ideal lines would be if so.

Seth Jarvis / Sidney Crosby / Kaapo Kakko
Alex Ovechkin / Evgeny Kuznetsov / Tom Wilson
Noah Cates / Anze Kopitar / Victor Olofsson
Nic Dowd / Anthony Cirelli / Juuso Parssinen

K'Andre Miller / Artem Zub
Brian Dumoulin / Noah Dobson
Dylan Samberg / Brandt Clarke

Andrei Vasilevskiy
Pavel Francouz

• Haha
Reactions: Play

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Would love to hear from the greatest minds of the site as usual @WhiskeyYerTheDevils @Pavel Buchnevich @Machinehead
Well you f***ed that up tagging me.

This is the best team in the league imo. The defense lacks a true star but is deep 1-4. Center depth is all-time great. The wings should be good enough considering who they're playing with.

I probably slide Cirelli to wing and play Dowd at 4C. That makes the wing depth look even better.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It’s a good team, but I’m not sure if it’s as good as some are suggesting. Easily a contender, but I don’t know if they stand out over other contenders. If Dumoulin was in his prime and Dobson is playing his best then it’s a strong top 4, but Dumoulin looked done last year and Dobson was only ok. If the third pairing doesn’t give much then it’s a defense lacking depth and without elite top end talent to mask that, even though Miller and Zub are good players.

The forward group is good, but Kuznetsov wasn’t good last year and it’s always a bit of a question mark to rely on older players like Crosby, Ovechkin and Kopitar to be your main contributors through a playoff run. I would probably play Sid and Ovechkin together and put Kopitar in the top 6 and give Kuznetsov soft third line minutes. Also move Cirelli up with Kopitar. The forward depth and Vasi probably makes up for the defense though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s a good team, but I’m not sure if it’s as good as some are suggesting. Easily a contender, but I don’t know if they stand out over other contenders. If Dumoulin was in his prime and Dobson is playing his best then it’s a strong top 4, but Dumoulin looked done last year and Dobson was only ok. If the third pairing doesn’t give much then it’s a defense lacking depth and without elite top end talent to mask that, even though Miller and Zub are good players.

The forward group is good, but Kuznetsov wasn’t good last year and it’s always a bit of a question mark to rely on older players like Crosby, Ovechkin and Kopitar to be your main contributors through a playoff run. I would probably play Sid and Ovechkin together and put Kopitar in the top 6 and give Kuznetsov soft third line minutes. Also move Cirelli up with Kopitar. The forward depth and Vasi probably makes up for the defense though.
That team has so many players that if they answer your questions are like top 1/3 of the league players. I agree that some of them aren’t like auto great players, but for that to not be a great team they would need like every thing you mentioned could be a negative to be a negative, and odds say they probably all won’t go in the negative direction.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
That team has so many players that if they answer your questions are like top 1/3 of the league players. I agree that some of them aren’t like auto great players, but for that to not be a great team they would need like every thing you mentioned could be a negative to be a negative, and odds say they probably all won’t go in the negative direction.

I didn’t say they wouldn’t be a great team though. I just don’t think they’re in another tier than the already top teams like a Colorado

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You just assembled the best team in the league.

Crosby, Cirelli and Kopitar are an insane matchup duo even at their age. Kuznetsov slowed down but he can be a very good exploitation center. Ovi/Crosby/Kuznetsov gives you an elite powerplay unit.

The defense isn't star-studded but Miller and Dobson are good enough to run their pair and be positive impact players. Brandt Clarke may be able to be the star power needed offensively.

Does this fit under the cap ?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Vasi makes up for the d defiencies along with the bottom six being anchored by Kopitar and Cirelli.
What D deficiencies? Dobson is a true top pair D, Miller is a solid #3 and so is Zub. t
This defense is not any worse than the Isles who have one of the better squad.

My guess is he would put up some of the best numbers of his career with a good system. People underrate quality defensive players like Kopi, Cirelli, Sid, Dobson.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
What D deficiencies? Dobson is a true top pair D, Miller is a solid #3 and so is Zub. t
This defense is not any worse than the Isles who have one of the better squad.

My guess is he would put up some of the best numbers of his career with a good system. People underrate quality defensive players like Kopi, Cirelli, Sid, Dobson.

Dumoulin is in the top 4.

The bottom pairing is a huge question mark.

And as you outlined, the top three D are pretty much all # 2 and # 3s on their best days.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Dumoulin is in the top 4.

The bottom pairing is a huge question mark.

And as you outlined, the top three D are pretty much all # 2 and # 3s on their best days.
Dumoulin has slowed down but can still defend at an above replacement level, you really only need three good defendsemen. And again, you're ignoring the impact of a system and great two-way forwards.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Dumoulin has slowed down but can still defend at an above replacement level, you really only need three good defendsemen. And again, you're ignoring the impact of a system and great two-way forwards.

Vasi makes up for the d defiencies along with the bottom six being anchored by Kopitar and Cirelli.

I own a Dumoulin jersey. So I'll take it I know more than you

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
This would be the deepest team in the league on paper. Since we’re only talking about 1 season with no need to factor in age, I’d say they’re a SC final/winning team. They also have quite a few previous winners and playoff warriors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad