How Would Team Ontario Do V The World?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Definitely, but dont forget that Ontario as almost twice our population and the biggest city in Canada

I'm waiting for the day a kid from the area I grew up will make it to the big show! It might be a while alas hahaha Marco Cousineau was the closest one I think.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
There's absolutely zero argument for Giroux being on Team Quebec. Hearst is located in Ontario. It's extremely cut and dry.
it's pretty close to saying Auston Matthews would play for Team Switzerland because he played for Zurich when he was drafted.

Reactions: Incognito

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
not at all, Giroux learnt french before english and all his family is from Quebec.

French is spoken as first language in many parts of Ontario, as well as the Maritimes. That does not make one Quebecois.

His mother is from Mexico, do you think he should play for Team Mexico?

I also see no indication his parents were from Quebec either. Do you have a source for that?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think they'd do pretty good. I've always wanting to see a provincial team tournament happen. Would be a good event IMO.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
come on guys I think it's just a common misconception that Giroux is from Quebec. After all he played in the Q, speaks French as first language and has a very French name...

Not everyone knows where all the players come from, and for sure if you do a bit of research he insists on being from Ontario so we have no right to tag him as a "Quebec" person just because he is French.

But I'm astounded by everyone who keeps being offended by the mistake lol

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Well , one was born in Québec, one was born on the ontario/quebec line and speak fluently French while having french parents.

Brassard can replace Stastny

Hearst is pretty f***ing far away from the border, not like Temiscaming or New Liskeard, its like 6-8hrs from the border.
Its also not about French/English, its about about ON/QC. Claude Julien and Bob Hartley can be our coaches, Pierre LeBrun the provincial repoter. Bryan and Terry Murray could've been your coach/GM. Hearst is pretty much a francophone community, I'm sure its not alone.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Odds on Team Canada vs the field at a World cup or Olympics is maybe 2/1 (50/50). Odds for Ontario wouldn't be better than 6/1 probably worse

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I was going to try and extol the virtues of a Team Alberta (how does a top line of Taylor Hall, Brayden Point and William Nylander sound?), but I realized they'd get killed in goal. About the best name I could come up with there is Aaron Dell.

Chad Johnson?

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Hearst is pretty ****ing far away from the border, not like Temiscaming or New Liskeard, its like 6-8hrs from the border.
Its also not about French/English, its about about ON/QC. Claude Julien and Bob Hartley can be our coaches, Pierre LeBrun the provincial repoter. Bryan and Terry Murray could've been your coach/GM. Hearst is pretty much a francophone community, I'm sure its not alone.
It's further west than toronto.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
French is spoken as first language in many parts of Ontario, as well as the Maritimes. That does not make one Quebecois.

His mother is from Mexico, do you think he should play for Team Mexico?

I also see no indication his parents were from Quebec either. Do you have a source for that?

There was a picture of a Team Mexico jersey with his name on it....lol

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Assume Canada doesn't send a team and just sends team Ontario

Tavares-McDavid-Marner
Stamkos-Scheifle-Seguin
Domi-O'Rielly-Monahan
Couture-Hoffman-Kadri

Rielly-Doughty
Giordano-Petro
Burns-Subban

Murray
Elliot
Subban
Where is Giroux.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Ontario Vs Quebec - big advantage to Ontario imo! Would love to see a Province vs Province

Huberdeau/Bergeron/Giroux
Drouin/Dubois/Mantha
Marchesseault/Stastny/Perron
Perreault/Danault/Gourde

Chabot/Letang
Vlasic/Demers
Girard/Savard

Fleury
Luongo
Giroux was born in Hearst and raised in Ottawa. I think Pageau would be a better fit than Danault as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad