How would rank the coaches sitting at home

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Peter Laviolette, Bruce Boudreau and Gallant are all good coaches sitting at home(there are some I have missed so please include them in your list), how would you rank them in terms of who you think is the best?​

Reactions: Huety Louis

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Why do have Babcock at the top JT, do you think he will get a job after all that has happened?

He was a horrible fit for the team Toronto built, part of it was his fault for thinking he still could get away with trying to get his guys to play 2008 Red Wings hockey, that's just not the type of players he had, in a perfect world he'd be coaching a heavy physical team like the Blues.

Reactions: viper0220

ImJustJokinen

Vinnie Desharnais for Hart Ross
Apr 7, 2019
Cup Parade
He was a horrible fit for the team Toronto built, part of it was his fault for thinking he still could get away with trying to get his guys to play 2008 Red Wings hockey, that's just not the type of players he had, in a perfect world he'd be coaching a heavy physical team like the Blues.
Actually in a perfect world Craig Berube would be coaching a heavy physical team like the Blues... oh wait. Jokes aside, none of the teams he had were a heavy physical team. Detroit might have had some players that played that style like Kronwall, etc, but that was never really a team mentality.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Actually in a perfect world Craig Berube would be coaching a heavy physical team like the Blues... oh wait. Jokes aside, none of the teams he had were a heavy physical team. Detroit might have had some players that played that style like Kronwall, etc, but that was never really a team mentality.

Well whatever the opposite of the team that Dubas built. Babcock couldn't have been a worse fit

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If you are a team around the playoff bar that needs an immediate boost, and your goal is to make the playoffs this year, then Boudreau, and Laviolette are proven entities.

If I'm concerned that a country club culture has invaded the team, then, after passing some due diligence standards, I might think Babcock is the guy.

Any rankings that we come up with won't be universal. It all depends on each team's specific needs.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
What about the fact he made Marner write that list ranking each player on their work ethic in his rookie season, which everyone said was a horrible thing for him to do. Plus the fact that even more former Red Wings players like Franzen came out and said what a horrible person he was.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
What about the fact he made Marner write that list ranking each player on their work ethic in his rookie season, which everyone said was a horrible thing for him to do. Plus the fact that even more former Red Wings players like Franzen came out and said what a horrible person he was.

It was a crap thing to do, but not a fatal mistake that should blacklist him from the NHL permanently.

I'm pretty sure if the Leafs hadn't gotten off to that slow start and were in 1st place from the jump Babcock would still have his job.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It was a crap thing to do, but not a fatal mistake that should blacklist him from the NHL permanently.

I'm pretty sure if the Leafs hadn't gotten off to that slow start and were in 1st place from the jump Babcock would still have his job.
Honestly after the way Babcock screwed up with his coaching decisions against Boston in last years playoffs and the fact Toronto blew a 3-2 series lead, he should have been fired after that and not during this season. In fact Dubas wanted to fire him after the playoffs, however it was reported that the MLSE board wanted to keep him on

Reactions: qqaz

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012

Pretty much this, I expect Babcock back in the league at the start of next season

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
The butt hurt coming from Toronto fans is amusing. Toronto isn't some contender that got mismanaged. They are a mediocre to dark horse team that performs as such. Babcock is a good coach. Not Scotty 2.0 but I doubt he'll be sitting home for long.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
The butt hurt coming from Toronto fans is amusing. Toronto isn't some contender that got mismanaged. They are a mediocre to dark horse team that performs as such. Babcock is a good coach. Not Scotty 2.0 but I doubt he'll be sitting home for long.

The ones making comments in this thread aren't Leaf fans. Get a clue.

Reactions: NovaLeaf and qqaz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->