How would a "fantasy draft" between 2 teams go if...

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
...the sole reason they were drafting was to beat the other team in a legitimate 7 game series (not a gimmicky all-star game), so things like match-ups and chemistry would matter. The player pool would include everyone, not just All-Stars, 12 F, 6 D, 2 G need to be selected for each team, and the draft format would simply be:

1. Team A
2. Team B
3. Team A
4. Team B

etc.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
The first general manager would go up, announce "Johnny Hockey" as the teams first pick, end up getting sued for trademark infringement, the team would have to file for bankruptcy and the series would never happen.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
Do they have to meet the NHL's current cap requirements, or is it just unlimited spending?

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Team A would draft Toews. Team B and C would quit because they got robbed of Toews. Team D would draft Giordano because there's always that one guy that reaches in the first round. Team D would win the Cup.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
And the least amount of euro's. With the first pick, Don Cherry and "Team A" select Kevin Bieska.

And for the second pick it would have to be Alex PeterAngelo. He and Bieska would make an excellent first pairing for Team A.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Which would win?

Team A

Nash - Crosby - Stamkos
Marleau - Seguin - Kane
Parise - Toews - Hossa
Lucic - Bergeron - Okposo

Suter - Weber
Keith - Seabrook
McDonagh - Girardi

Quick
Lundqvist

Team B

Ovechkin - Malkin - Tarasenko
Zetterberg - Giroux - Voracek
Benn - Getzlaf - Perry
Landeskog - Kopitar - Callahan

Giordano - Doughty
Josi - Subban
Vlasic - Carlson

Rinne
Price

Beaunett

Dec 29, 2014
North
Which would win?

Team A

Nash - Crosby - Stamkos
Marleau - Seguin - Kane
Parise - Toews - Hossa
Lucic - Bergeron - Okposo

Suter - Weber
Keith - Seabrook
McDonagh - Girardi

Quick
Lundqvist

Team B

Ovechkin - Malkin - Tarasenko
Zetterberg - Giroux - Voracek
Benn - Getzlaf - Perry
Landeskog - Kopitar - Callahan

Giordano - Doughty
Josi - Subban
Vlasic - Carlson

Rinne
Price

Team A. LOL. I don't Girardi gets selected on team A. I'd select Kronwall/Pietrangelo/Shattenkirk ahead of him?

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Team A. LOL. I don't Girardi gets selected on team A. I'd select Kronwall/Pietrangelo/Shattenkirk ahead of him?

I tried to put more defensive defenseman on the third pairings, just like I tried to put "grittier" players on the third and fourth lines. I also took existing pairings/lines where appropriate since chemistry was a noted factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad