How will you react?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Let's say Tavares comes out of the gate slow...and he's not potting 2 points a game? Or even 1 point? The Leafs are winning but he and Marner are struggling to instantly click like you all seem to assume he's gonna because...you know...reasons?

Are you gonna spam this board with Tavares hate threads in September as you panic your way into an early heart attack?

Just put it out here now. Let us all know how you would react if 2 weeks in and JT only has a few points...secondary assists or the like.

How will you react?

Me? Won't be worried at all. If all opposing teams spend all their effort trying to shut down the JT/Marner train allowing Matthews and Willie to light it up...and we are winning.

I won't care.

Like not even 1 little smidgen of a bit.

scooter540

Aug 21, 2018
If the team is winning then I'm happy. I'm confident JT and Marner will click but it's a team game and we have lots of time to build up line chemistry considering the core of the team will be together for a long time to come.

If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if JT has a bit of a ramp up period getting used to new linemates and new systems that are brand new to him.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Let's say Tavares comes out of the gate slow...and he's not potting 2 points a game? Or even 1 point? The Leafs are winning but he and Marner are struggling to instantly click like you all seem to assume he's gonna because...you know...reasons?

Are you gonna spam this board with Tavares hate threads in September as you panic your way into an early heart attack?

Just put it out here now. Let us all know how you would react if 2 weeks in and JT only has a few points...secondary assists or the like.

How will you react?

Me? Won't be worried at all. If all opposing teams spend all their effort trying to shut down the JT/Marner train allowing Matthews and Willie to light it up...and we are winning.

I won't care.

Like not even 1 little smidgen of a bit.

Could very well happen.

Not that there isn't 100000 different line combos that can't be tried, because there definitely is. I just don't expect Babcock to explore any of them regardless if Tavares produces or not.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Marner’s contract won’t be as huge

:sarcasm:

200.gif

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Tavares will struggle and everyone will freak out.. But then in the playoffs he will be a superstar and everyone will love him and he'll be great from then on and everyone will pretend like they knew he was that good all along

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Tavares will struggle and everyone will freak out.. But then in the playoffs he will be a superstar and everyone will love him and he'll be great from then on and everyone will pretend like they knew he was that good all along

You've just spoiled the roller coaster ride that will be our season.

Reactions: frog

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
If Freddie has a start like last year, people will freak.

If Gardiner makes a tiny mistake in the next 2 years, people will freak.

JT ? Not sure people will panic before December

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Leafs will start slow.
Tavares will be below 0.8ppg.
Andersen's save % will be around .875.
One of our dmen gets banged up and misses 3-4 games.

Leafs make the playoffs and all the regular season negatives are forgotten.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Expect nothing. Then if that happens it wont be a huge deal. It's happened in the past where on paper a team looks scary and the fail. I forget what year but one season the NYR were stacked back when Theoren Fleury was on the team. They finished last.

Now dare I say that wont happen. I think we have huge shot this year. But do recall last yr, andersen and October dont mix and nylander and marner had issues out of the gate.

Im worried more about health. If we can stay healthy...meaning our big guns we should be poised to make a big run

Auston Powers

May 16, 2016
Toronto
When I think about the possibility of Tavares (and possibly Marner) coming out cold it immediately makes me think of Alfred E. Newman....

whatmeworry.jpeg

We have 4 forwards > than MTL's best forward.

Our team is so freaking awesome!

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
The only thing that matters is the number in the W column.

Great individual statistical numbers while nice to look at/brag about are in reality just a secondary concern.

Reactions: Drytoast

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
If he starts off slow I’ll laugh later in the season when a million Tavares threads pop up on the main boards as revenge for the ones that will pop up if he doesn’t set the world on fire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->