How will you react if?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I will be happy.

It depends on the big moments: big save, a blocked shot, game winning goal, overtime, etc.

Probably jump up and down. There will be many fist pumps. Call my Dad who most likely will be in tears.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I would also likely venture downtown Windsor (Oullette Ave - our Yonge St.) depending on timing. It was crazy when Canada won gold in 2002, and when Windsor won the Mem Cup.

Obliviate

Jun 26, 2018
Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

No seriously, I got the idea from the other "how will you react" thread.

My answer:

First, I will yell and scream and when thats done I will bawl my eyes out. I am 55 and been there through it all and I am sure it will hit me. Never missed a pre-season or regular season game. I will then hand out snotrags to all my buddies because they will also bawl there eyes out. Then we party for a week no sleep.

How about you?
Blackout drunk sounds like an appropriate way to celebrate.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
1. Cry till I can't cry anymore
2. Hug the boys (ferda)
3. Hug my partner
4. Hug anyone else that wants to hug

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I've already told my director that I won't be showing up for the next 2 business days so leave me alone.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
I would be quietly content. And try not to rub it in to friends that are fans of other teams. Unless they are Habs fans. They are fair game!!

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I don't know.

Never seen anything like that before, if it actually happens.

You got to be as old as Don Cherry to have seen the Leafs win a cup.

The Toronto Maple Leafs never made it to a finals since then.

:baghead:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Who knows.

Maybe I will react like my picture. In a multiple of exponential 10 times of course.

Maybe to infinity.

283927.jpg
283927.jpg
283927.jpg

283927.jpg
283927.jpg
283927.jpg

283927.jpg
283927.jpg
283927.jpg

Go Leafs Go!
Go Leafs Go!
Go Leafs Go!

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I would be quietly content. And try not to rub it in to friends that are fans of other teams. Unless they are Habs fans. They are fair game!!

Quietly content is a good phrase. I literally do not know a soul who watches hockey with any seriousness. Even the dudes on my beer team don't really watch the NHL. Me and my old man would yuck it up, that's about it.

Reactions: Optomist

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
A Cup win hasn't happened for a long time, and might not happen again for a long time after it next occurs. I'd enjoy it immensely.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I've pondered this..... I can't say how until it happens. If it's a deep run, I want to catch some games with my Dad, and hopefully the moment too. I don't know if I'd want to be in a restaurant/bar or in the comfort of home. I grew up being coached by my Dad and we are both huge Leafs fans. He is turning 70 next June and he's witnessed Stanley Cup glory. I was born in '73 so have not even come close. My wife is a Leafs fan kind of by default (meaning doesn't really follow much, but still cheers for them) and her Dad who lives with us is a huge Leafs fan - lived in TO and actually worked at and had season tickets at MLG years ago. So I am torn as how to it will go down should it get that far.

Will it bring tears? Just a big goofy grin? I can't say!!!!!

I was super excited and happy when Windsor won the Mem Cup back to back (as a season ticket holder for like 20+ years), my 49ers won Super Bowls (back to back). Watched my Jays win the World Series back to back and was very excited about it. But really....the Leaf are on another level. Mind you....I do like this back to back trend for "my teams".....
I used to listen to the games on the radio with my grandmother, who was a huge fan, in the 60's. In those days, only the Saturday games were on TV, and only starting in the second period. I watched playoff games with my Dad, and the last couple of games from the 72 summit series. Cherish the memories.

Reactions: Cams

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I will sit in silence. I will be beyond stunned, but have the biggest smile on my face ever. After the shock wears off, I will most likely sob like a baby...

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Easy scream and call up my friends who are Hab fans. Book a flight to Toronto for the parade or maybe I am already there. So hit Young Street.

Post on the main boards as well as the Habs board essentially saying “suck it”.

Party for several days and again repeat the calls every few hours to my Hab friends Likely having to block my number. Buy a new Leaf flag and extent the poll to full height so all can see.

Ensure that my kids and grandkids are all at the cup parade with me.

Sober up!

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I went through something similar this year. I'm a huge Philly Eagles fan and we won our first SB this year. I had tears of joy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad