How will you react if?

member 300185

Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

No seriously, I got the idea from the other "how will you react" thread.

My answer:

First, I will yell and scream and when thats done I will bawl my eyes out. I am 55 and been there through it all and I am sure it will hit me. Never missed a pre-season or regular season game. I will then hand out snotrags to all my buddies because they will also bawl there eyes out. Then we party for a week no sleep.

How about you?

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
My density will increase to a catastrophic proportion and I will turn from red giant to red dwarf. At this point the gravitational pull of the one or two other stars in the leafs nation galaxy will absorb me forming a black hole. If I am not absorbed I will turn into a supernova destroying only Earth and not the galaxy.

Thread closed for further replies.

Reactions: 7even

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
My density will increase to a catastrophic proportion and I will turn from red giant to red dwarf. At this point the gravitational pull of the one or two other stars in the leafs nation galaxy will absorb me forming a black hole. If I am not absorbed I will turn into a supernova destroying only Earth and not the galaxy.

Thread closed for further replies.

i must prevent the leafs from winning the cup to save the planet

hfman

Oct 30, 2013

My answer:

First, I will yell and scream and when thats done I will bawl my eyes out. I am 55 and been there through it all and I am sure it will hit me. Never missed a pre-season or regular season game. I will then hand out snotrags to all my buddies because they will also bawl there eyes out. Then we party for a week no sleep.

How about you?

you've never missed a regular season game? Ever?

Reactions: MyBudJT

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I feel like the weirdest thing will be the following years. As far as the team sports go I've never been a fan of a championship team. Leafs haven't won since I've been alive, Jays last won when I was 2 months old, I'm having trouble remembering that one, Raptors have never won. Carolina Panthers have made 2 Super Bowls but didn't win either. TFC doesn't really count for me, though that was fun.

If and when the Leafs do win I'm sure it's going to be massively exciting. But how will it feel the following season, will I be as invested knowing the goal was just achieved the year prior, maybe I will be more invested given the feeling of winning is known. IDK, but that'll be interesting for me personally.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
My reaction will depend on whether I'm in the building or not.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Drunk for a week. I'll also be the most obnoxious person around. Some fans will be gracious, humble, and respectful in victory. Not me though, I'll be a dick about it. All those black and white Cup photos, 1967 jokes, etc will be mocked and destroyed.
I'll also have a huge canvas of the team with the Cup displayed in my office, home, and garage for all to see. I honestly think other fans are afraid of the Leafs ever winning, imagine what celebration will unfold.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

My answer:

How about you?
I will be on hfboards arguing why we shouldn't trade Kadri.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Ho hum. After all, it will the fifth time watching them win it for me.

So there, you young punk kids.

Just kidding. I will be jumping up and down, yelling like a madman. Then I will get into my bottle of Maple Leafs Special Edition Crown Royal for only the second time (the first time being on the passing of Johnny Bower, who's personally autographed sweater I will be wearing).

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I will be on hfboards arguing why we shouldn't trade Kadri.

Ho hum. After all, it will the fifth time watching them win it for me.

So there, you young punk kids.

Just kidding. I will be jumping up and down, yelling like a madman. Then I will get into my bottle of Maple Leafs Special Edition Crown Royal for only the second time (the first time being on the passing of Johnny Bower, who's personally autographed sweater I will be wearing).

Not sure what happened to my like button but I approve of these posts. :)

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I've pondered this..... I can't say how until it happens. If it's a deep run, I want to catch some games with my Dad, and hopefully the moment too. I don't know if I'd want to be in a restaurant/bar or in the comfort of home. I grew up being coached by my Dad and we are both huge Leafs fans. He is turning 70 next June and he's witnessed Stanley Cup glory. I was born in '73 so have not even come close. My wife is a Leafs fan kind of by default (meaning doesn't really follow much, but still cheers for them) and her Dad who lives with us is a huge Leafs fan - lived in TO and actually worked at and had season tickets at MLG years ago. So I am torn as how to it will go down should it get that far.

Will it bring tears? Just a big goofy grin? I can't say!!!!!

I was super excited and happy when Windsor won the Mem Cup back to back (as a season ticket holder for like 20+ years), my 49ers won Super Bowls (back to back). Watched my Jays win the World Series back to back and was very excited about it. But really....the Leaf are on another level. Mind you....I do like this back to back trend for "my teams".....

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
1. Smile
2. Hug my wife/friend/nearest person to me who is a fan
3. Cry tears of joy with zero f***s given about it

... and if it’s in OT win - scream so loudly that I’ll lose my voice and bounce up and down. Then go from numbers 1 to 3

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
It will probably contend for happiest moment of my life. The night itself will consist of much screaming, tears of joy, and wild partying in the streets.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
You know, it's hard to say with these things. Sometimes you react so vastly different from what you would have expected, even if the emotion is the same. But I will very cautiously admit that it is probable that I will be quite happy, for an indeterminate amount of time.

Reactions: Cams

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Umm, take over Yonge Street. Probably run into a bunch of you guys without any of us actually realizing it.

Edit: Oh, call my Dad, and call at least my two best friends who are also huge Leafs fans depending on who I'm watching it with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad