How will Tootoo be received on February 19?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
tootoo will be cheered as he deserves. he was a huge part of this franchise for a long time. he didn't pull a suter. **** that mother****ing piece of cow ****

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I will boo the **** out of him while the game is going. When they give him his video tribute (and the preds should) I will stand and applaud. I will not forget the contributions on-ice in terms of excitement and off-ice with what community work he has done and what he has done to help solidify Nashville as a hockey market. He made fans into many 12-14 years olds wh will be season ticket holders in the next couple of years and is the favorite of many fans younger than that. I don't care if he went to Detroit, he wasn't shady about leaving.

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
It was expected that he would be leaving... unexpected that it would be to the Wings.

Still, I think he gets a positive reception. I don't feel any ill will towards him, and I think his situation is helped by the Suter saga which makes Tootoo look a lot better by comparison.

I'll be happy to give him a cheer when he first returns... after that it's business as usual and he's a Red Wing, and we all know that the Red Wings Suck!!!

That is pretty much 100% my opinion.

If he fights anyone, I think it will be Yip or the new guy they got yesterday, probably not McGrattan.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
To a-hole fans: I don't like you, you don't like me. Go cheer for your team and go play hide and go **** yourself.

As for Tootoo, he can burn. He was great on the Preds he sucks in red, nuff sed.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You stay classy St. Louis ...

*ever notice our division is loaded with ********* fanbases?

Enh. Chicago doesn't seem that bad, and y'all are tolerable in spite of it all. ;) Really, it's just the Red Wings fanbase being as *******-prone as they are that makes it look bad.

I assume Tootoo would get a brief "hey, yeah, go you" applause acknowledgement, and thereafter treated like any other opposing player with an edgy reputation. Normally there'd be a game-long grace period, but, well, it's Detroit. :)

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
toots will get polite applause from most of our core fans and a big recognition from our more casual fans.

He's now a dead-thing; I expect core fans to treat him accordingly. Our casual fans probably cheer or at least don't treat him as a d-t until he takes a cheap run at someone.

He doesn't deserve any kinda' video tribute but you know there's a toots fan somewhere in there that's gonna' push for one.

Sutes - oh, dear, that will be ugly.....

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I have no problem with Tootoo. It was a business decision and the RedWings are a highly regarded organization. I'll bet there's not a player on our team that wouldn't sign a big contract there in a heartbeat if they weren't getting what they wanted from Nashville.

I'll cheer him if he's announced or they do some sort of tribute. After that, he's a redwing. I won't despise him, but I'm not going to cheer for him to score goals against us.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
There's no way he won't be cheered at first, and no way he doesn't get a video tribute. He was one of the most loved and cheered players we've ever had. From a purely hockey standpoint I wasn't the biggest fan of his but I won't deny that he deserves cheers at the start. Yeah he plays for the Wings but I would too if I were him and was offered that much money for a limited role. I think it'll be pretty awesome actually.

Basher

I liked him the first couple of seasons when he understood what he was; a sideshow who took runs at other teams better players and backed it up with bare knuckles. The Tootoo that eventually had to tone it down to keep from getting suspended and never developed any touch or shot, I wasn't a fan of. The fact that people loved him so much (for being a poor overall hockey player) made me like him a lot less. I wouldn't boo him (any more than any other wing) but won't be cheering him either. I could do without a tribute to a returning career 4th liner.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Am I think only one that thinks Tootoo singed in Detroit as a direct "F you" to nashville?
I'd always assumed it was like this:

Holland: "Okay, good news! After those many, many months of planning and work, we did get a player out of Nashville that is guaranteed to increase our overall team toughness and grit.
"The bad news is that player is Jordin Tootoo.
"****ing Wild."

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Am I think only one that thinks Tootoo singed in Detroit as a direct "F you" to nashville?
I think it came down to money. Nothing more, nothing less. I also doubt Detroit overpaid him just to stick it to us. They probably just felt he fit a need and offered him money so we wouldn't match. Toots would've taken the money whether it was Detroit or Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad