How will the Leafs and Raptors share Maple leafs Square/Jurassic Park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Sorry, that would be directed at me. I just remember seeing clips from last weekend where there were probably literally less than 100 people there.

Even so though, wouldn't it make more sense to please an extra 2000 people especially considering it's an elimination game?

well to be fair last weekend was a massive ice storm

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I wasn’t planning on going anyway, but the fact that Leafs-Bruins Game 7 won’t be showing on the main screen is such a travesty :laugh:

Makes zero sense! Who is going to watch a game 5 over a game 7?
And what in the world is CONCACAF?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Makes zero sense! Who is going to watch a game 5 over a game 7?
And what in the world is CONCACAF?

Raps fans. They are just as passionate and committed to their team as Leaf fans in this city. They don't deserve to get punked just because another team is playing on the same night as theres.

Also - CONCACAF Champions League Final is tomorrow. It decides who the best team on the continent is. No big deal..

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Raps fans. They are just as passionate and committed to their team as Leaf fans in this city. They don't deserve to get punked just because another team is playing on the same night as theres.

Also - CONCACAF Champions League Final is tomorrow. It decides who the best team on the continent is. No big deal..

Wouldn’t most Raptor fans be Leaf fans?

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
The home team playing in the arena should get the main screen. That's a no brainer, come on. And the weather last week was horrendous, I'm surprised anyone showed up.

Reactions: Kurtz

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Nope.

Believe it or not, there are sports fans in this city who aren't really bothered by the Leafs.
Then they can go cheer for Raptors Sports and Entertainment.

Oh.

Game 7 > Game 5. End of story.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Then they can go cheer for Raptors Sports and Entertainment.

Oh.

Game 7 > Game 5. End of story.

Less than half of the 7 teams that Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment owns, are hockey teams.

Lose the pretentious bullsh*t - I agree about the Game 7 stuff, but I'm also glad Raptors fans aren't getting sewered. They don't deserve that.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Less than half of the 7 teams that Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment owns, are hockey teams.

Lose the pretentious bullsh*t - I agree about the Game 7 stuff, but I'm also glad Raptors fans aren't getting sewered. They don't deserve that.
Their most important franchise is the Leafs. Understand that. The Raptors were bought only bc of the ACC.

Take your head out of your ass. The only reason they'll be on the screen is to placate the people who'll scream "little brother".

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Their most important franchise is the Leafs. Understand that. The Raptors were bought only bc of the ACC.

Take your head out of your ass. The only reason they'll be on the screen is to placate the people who'll scream "little brother".

The only reason they are on screen, is because of their fans.

Get over yourself. You aren't representative of Leaf fans.

Reactions: JadedLeaf and Kurtz

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

How do you measure "importance"? Leafs are worth 1.4 billion. Raptors are worth 1 billion and rising fast with more valuable demographics behind them.

Are you even planning on being there or do you just take shots at other fans in the city for no reason?

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
The only reason they are on screen, is because of their fans.

Get over yourself. You aren't representative of Leaf fans.
The Raptors are the home team. Enough said.

And of course it’s because of their fans. The fick else would it be for? The NBA is the hotter league and growing the Raptors brand is more important for MLSE than the Leafs.

Reactions: Tak7

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
This is Toronto. People thinking this is Saskatchewan or some **** where people are only interested in hockey and the cfl lol.

:laugh: all the likes to you, good sir

How do you measure "importance"? Leafs are worth 1.4 billion. Raptors are worth 1 billion and rising fast with more valuable demographics behind them.

Are you even planning on being there or do you just take shots at other fans in the city for no reason?

Hate to correct you Kurtz, because I agree with everything in this post; save for the Raptors valuation, which is now $1.4Bn.

Its one of those weird situations where the little brother gets to be as tall as the big brother, despite being several years (decades) younger, but is also sexier and more popular. I like to think of MLSE like the Seager family in baseball. The Leafs are Kyle, the Raptors are Corey, and TFC is Justin. The Argos are the fourth son that the parents locked in the basement because he was a little different (Hugo).

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
LOL. All the non people of Toronto who complain about too much
coverage of Toronto sports teams will go crazy tonight.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Hate to correct you Kurtz, because I agree with everything in this post; save for the Raptors valuation, which is now $1.4Bn.

Its one of those weird situations where the little brother gets to be as tall as the big brother, despite being several years (decades) younger, but is also sexier and more popular. I like to think of MLSE like the Seager family in baseball. The Leafs are Kyle, the Raptors are Corey, and TFC is Justin. The Argos are the fourth son that the parents locked in the basement because he was a little different (Hugo).

The Leafs are undervalued because of how bad they have been. I expect the Leaf's net worth to steadily increase.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

Thanks - the 1B figure I was citing was I guess a couple of years old, but that just shows how quickly the value of Raptors has appreciated in a short amount of time.

The Leafs are undervalued because of how bad they have been. I expect the Leaf's net worth to steadily increase.

Leafs worth will undoubtedly increase over time, but the Raptors have been growing at far greater rate, despite the fact that they haven't exactly been realistic championship contenders either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->