How will the Leafs and Raptors share Maple leafs Square/Jurassic Park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Leafs take precedence? Hopefully they play on opposite days, or at different times. Clearly they won't be playing at home at the same time. So home games at around the same time will be fine.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I'm planning on going next Saturday whens the Leafs play -- but was wondering what will happen if the Raptors game falls on the same day. I heard that whomever is home takes the screen -- but was wondering if anybody knows for sure.

Not really interested in travelling to Toronto to watch the Raps.

Reactions: BM14 and Daisy Jane

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Last time this happened, the team playing at home (in the ACC) also got their game on outside.

Not sure what would happen if there were two away games on the same night... I would hope it goes to the Leafs.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Last time this happened, the team playing at home (in the ACC) also got their game on outside.

Not sure what would happen if there were two away games on the same night... I would hope it goes to the Leafs.

It probably won't happen as Raps will have home court throughout the playoffs so most likely when they are home, Leafs will be on the road and vice versa. Leafs won't have home ice unless they advance to the second round and somebody upsets Bos/TB.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
So likely Raps game the Sat then?

f***, hopefully they don't play then, had a night all planned and everything.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

****, hopefully they don't play then, had a night all planned and everything.

If its Saturday, Raptors might be in the afternoon.

There are 3:00, 5:30, 8:00 and 10:30 games for the NBA on Saturday the 14th

Game 1 in 4 NBA series are on Sunday as well though, with the same start times.

Reactions: htpwn and Kelly

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If they play on the same day, they're going to open it up for whoever is playing at home.

Now if they both play on the road on the same day, that will be tough to determine. But I dont think thats going to happen because the Raps have home court advantage throughout the playoffs while the Leafs will be a road team to start. The away/home Schedule should be flipped

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
They wont share the square.

Whoever starts their game first, gets the square, with priority going to the team playing at home

Last year, game 2 Leafs @ Caps was on Saturday night while the Raps played home game earlier that afternoon.

There was an overlap of about an hour between the end of the ball game and puck drop, where both games were on.

The Raps got the square, Leaf fans were already watching wherever, and once the Raps game was over the Leaf game was switched on, but no one was there to watch az it was mid-game already

Reactions: francis246

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
I went last year on game 1 of the nba playoffs, raps played at like 5, had to sit through that and when that ended the lead game was just starting in the second. About 8 hours total standing but worth it imo.

Reactions: NiftyMits

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Raps never play on Saturdays. It probably won't overlap. And if it does I assume whoever is playing at the ACC will get priority. So if raptors are home it's them, if leafs are home it's them

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Is it just me or is this a great f'n problem to have?! About damn time we are getting rewarded for being Toronto sports fans after all the miserable years.

Leafs & Raptors both in the playoffs for only the 2nd time in the past 12 years.
TFC just won their first MLS Cup and are making waves in the CONCACAF Champions League.
Argos just won the Grey Cup.
Marlies dominating the AHL 1st overall and looking primed for a deep playoff run.
Blue Jays off to a promising start to the season.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto

****, hopefully they don't play then, had a night all planned and everything.

MLSE will probably push hard not to have the Raptors playing on Saturday.

A Leafs playoff game on Saturday night is the gold standard of a ratings bonanza in Toronto, plus Raptors usually play Sunday afternoons.

Reactions: Kelly

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Could the Raptors play Boston’s team in the first round of the NBA playoffs?

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
MLSE will probably push hard not to have the Raptors playing on Saturday.

A Leafs playoff game on Saturday night is the gold standard of a ratings bonanza in Toronto, plus Raptors usually play Sunday afternoons.

MLSE has little (no) say. Games will likely draw Saturday in the early afternoon. The NBA TV ratings will dictate the schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->