Olympics: How will Chinese NT look in 2022?

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Because a Chinese kid would never move to Sweden without his parents at an early age and dedicate his entire life to this strange sport, which has absolutely no perspective of putting bread on the table for him and his family in China.

Slovenian hockey has tradition despite it having so few players. It has hockey fanatics, decent enough coaches, infrastructure, etc. A hundred pro clubs are within driving distance.

Not really true, for example one of the dreams of the CFA is to be able to place young players in European academies much in the same way that Japanese and Korean kids are getting signed every single year. Right now they don't have the talent/national exposure to make this happen, but may over the next 10-15 years. Don't see why it would be much different for hockey, if they have the talent I don't see why they wouldn't pursue the development path.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Do you know what the word "communism" means? Because it does not mean anything about either of those things.

I lived through it, so I know perfectly well what the absence of freedom and abundance of censorship feel like. And yes, the Communist regimes in Europe were every bit as theoretical, "in name only", as the one in the Far East today. The main ethos was "Just shut up and march." No need to teach me any of that from across the ocean. :)

Anyway, this is a hockey board, not a politics board. I was merely and very briefly reacting to an utterly weird comment that objected to straight talk, that is, to calling a spade a spade. Let's get back to hockey, please. :)

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Model like Katar in handball? To natualize playern from CAN,SWE,RUS,FIN,US. ;) ;)!

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Not really true, for example one of the dreams of the CFA is to be able to place young players in European academies much in the same way that Japanese and Korean kids are getting signed every single year. Right now they don't have the talent/national exposure to make this happen, but may over the next 10-15 years. Don't see why it would be much different for hockey, if they have the talent I don't see why they wouldn't pursue the development path.
CFA? You mean football? How is that even comparable, it's an established sport in China, Japan and Korea.

We're like a bunch of Mongolian goat herders wondering why those damn Westerners wouldn't get into their national wrestling league. Because it's nowhere on the radar. It's a fringe joke sport.

It has no mainstream appeal.

Only a centralized approach and a boatload of money can change that.

Reactions: mattihp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad