How to watch LA Kings Games on TV

luic5r

Sep 19, 2018
Good Morning,

I'm a somewhat new Hockey & LA Kings fan.

I don't have a cable subscription (Use Amazon Prime), so I was looking at NHL.tv for a subscription service to be able to stream/watch LA Kings games. I can used either Amazon Prime or my XBOX One for the same.

I was looking at the $109 Single Team subscription, which suits me perfectly for the LA Kings. I'm new to this whole blackouts business so I'm not very clear on this. From what I'm understanding, if I'm understanding it correctly, I won't be able to watch an LA Kings game live, anytime they play at Staples Center in LA, or if the game is being broadcast on Fox or NBC. That's like most of the games! So I don't get it - what exactly do I get to watch Live for $109? And what about Playoffs & Final, if LA Kings end up in either or both?

If NHL.tv is not the correct choice - is there an alternate?

Thanks!

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Everything from the nhl is for fans that are out of market. And there aren't any legal choices other than that.
One of the best options would be to go with one of the streaming services sling directv now playstation vue you tube TV And get the cheapest package that offers fox sports west on it. That would get you most games
That still won't help you come the playoffs for that you'd need nbcsn in the package
Hope that helps

luic5r

Sep 19, 2018
Everything from the nhl is for fans that are out of market. And there aren't any legal choices other than that.
One of the best options would be to go with one of the streaming services sling directv now playstation vue you tube TV And get the cheapest package that offers fox sports west on it. That would get you most games
That still won't help you come the playoffs for that you'd need nbcsn in the package
Hope that helps

Ah! So living in LA, I really should not be getting the NHL.tv Single Team subscription to watch LA Kings games live? I think you just saved me $109. I thought this was the best route till I started looking at blackouts.

One question - if I didn't want to watch them Live - would the subscription allow me to watch all/any LA Kings games, including Playoffs, a day or two later - like DVR?

Thanks.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Not sure what cable providers are like in LA but here cable companies allow you to sign in to stream TV with your cable subscription on a Laptop.

My suggestion: Find a buddy with cable. Pay him/her a % of their cable to get their logon information for the hockey season.

member 88115

Hope that helps
slingtv has NBCSN in it's package and for $5 extra you can add the sports package with NHL Network

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
My suggestion: Find a buddy with cable. Pay him/her a % of their cable to get their logon information for the hockey season.

Lol I have it for free. Whether or not my friend knows it, I don't know. Well, he knows I use it HBO GO because he gave the password to me. But I now use it for ESPN and other sports channels.

Last edited:

luic5r

Sep 19, 2018
Services like that can change your VPN so it appears you’re watching from outside the blackout region.

Thanks Chazz. I was looking into this and it's definitely looking like a good deal. I especially like the PIA service someone suggested above. It will only add about $35 or so a year to NHL's $109. This might be the route I take. I need to make a decision quick as the season is right upon us.

I also want to look at the Unlocator service someone mentioned above, which is only $5 a month - although some of the other advantages of PIA.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

seamore

May 16, 2013
I recommend HULU if you are in the LA area.
I pay $44 a month for LIVE tv and their VOD.
It has all of the KINGS games. (and no Blackouts to worry about)

Reactions: Bondoao1

Bondoao1

Oct 4, 2009
SoCal
I recommend HULU if you are in the LA area.
I pay $44 a month for LIVE tv and their VOD.
It has all of the KINGS games. (and no Blackouts to worry about)

I was going to say to go with Hulu live TV as well.
they also have cloud based DVR so you can record games and watch later.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I'll be going with the PS4 single team subscription. Has to be HD and has to be easy, $110 seems like a fair pice to me $1.34 a game. This will be my first hockey season outside of SoCal and I think I'm gonna be force fed Canucks games here in WA, don't know yet.

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
Do you need a certain kind of router to use with unlocater?
I got ExpressVPN and they say I need a specific router to bypass blackout restrictions.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
One question - if I didn't want to watch them Live - would the subscription allow me to watch all/any LA Kings games, including Playoffs, a day or two later - like DVR?

Thanks.

All blackout games are available 48 hours after initial broadcast. What's nice about that is the commercial segments are cut out (or at least I still think they do). Just straight hockey. Also, nhl app on Apple TV broadcasts at 60FPS, which makes a huge difference. Sports broadcast is not watchable since they started giving 60 FPS feeds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad