Speculation: How to save the Canadiens

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
No offense man but you cannot win a Cup with 4 players.

Again, refer back to Hamilton and look at what we have in reserve. Not much.

Refer back to the gainey & co. administration's idea of asset management. Not much.

Timmins is quite literally the least of this organization's problems.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Several of the players Timmins drafted are with other teams. His percentage of his picks that graduated to the Show is higher than most.

It's true that the current Hamilton roster is not full of potential top 6 O and top 4 D, but you are conveniently ignoring the great talent potential in European leagues and Junior.

Tell the whole story, or why bother?

That's the whole story. Potential is just that. Potential. We can live the dreams of every prospect coming to Montreal to save the day and win the Cup. Until that happens.......potential.

The only thing that we can use for definitive analysis is the past and the present. The past is filled with failure. The present is not looking all that great.

One impact player (debateable the amount of impact though) not here is McD. Halak is another. The rest of the Timmins players gone from Montreal did not make a difference here or wherever they are playing now or if they are even playing competitive hockey now.

The story of Timmins as a god is a great one to tell. He has stocked the NHL with more bottom 6 players than anyone else. Meanwhile, we have no depth in Hamilton. But we have a lot of potential. Different than the last decade of never-ending potential but potential none the less.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Refer back to the gainey & co. administration's idea of asset management. Not much.

Timmins is quite literally the least of this organization's problems.

I believe that we should have taken a new direction completely with the purge of Gainey and Associates. Timmins included.

But that's just my opinion coming from the frustration of looking at the Stats page for the Hamilton Bulldogs.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I believe that we should have taken a new direction completely with the purge of Gainey and Associates. Timmins included.

But that's just my opinion coming from the frustration of looking at the Stats page for the Hamilton Bulldogs.

That is so true. Only two worthy players in the last six drafts, Galchenyuk a no brainer at third and Gallagher a lucky pick since even the Habs didn't take him earlier. The rest of the picks are all duds, not playing, or gone and McCarron who is having trouble in the OHL let alone higher certainly doesn't look like he will amount to anything either.

For a team that is supposed to be building by the draft, it certainly needs to draft better.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

The hamilton bulldogs don't represent our entire pipeline. We won the calder cup a few years ago, and where did that get us? We wasted so many picks and assets that we could have had picks for in the past 7 or so years, it's really depressing.

Don't forget, our amateur scouting staff must have had a huge say in going out and getting guys like Bournival and Eller.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
I love reading HF and other social medias. You'd think the habs are 16th in the conference if you didn't actually follow the team. Yet we are 4th.

We don't need a coach change, all we need is 2 good trades that solidifies our D and brings us a goal scorer. Then we would be set to compete for the cup. Oh and bring back the EGG line please! :yo:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I love reading HF and other social medias. You'd think the habs are 16th in the conference if you didn't actually follow the team. Yet we are 4th.

We don't need a coach change, all we need is 2 good trades that solidifies our D and brings us a goal scorer. Then we would be set to compete for the cup. Oh and bring back the EGG line please! :yo:

...you realize that as long as Michel Therrien is our coach, that will never take place; we must keep Gallagher doing the dirty work for the SuperFriends...:shakehead

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

...you realize that as long as Michel Therrien is our coach, that will never take place; we must keep Gallagher doing the dirty work for the SuperFriends...:shakehead

Bringing a goalscoring RW with size will probably mean Gallagher getting back with EGG line.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Its all perspective.

If you are happy making the playoffs and then get eliminated early once again, then everything is fantastic and all is well.

However, if a Stanley Cup is the goal, we have serious organizational problems. Of which, the most pressing is getting rid of Therrien and bringing in a coach who will tailor his systems and approach to hockey based upon the personnel he has sitting in front of him.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
The hamilton bulldogs don't represent our entire pipeline. We won the calder cup a few years ago, and where did that get us? We wasted so many picks and assets that we could have had picks for in the past 7 or so years, it's really depressing.

Don't forget, our amateur scouting staff must have had a huge say in going out and getting guys like Bournival and Eller.

I agree with you. We have had some serious ineptitude from our GM on down over the last decade.

It's been the perfect storm for Montreal, and not perfect in a good way.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
nhl_g_boucher12_300.jpg

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Watching the Habs this year, I'd say it's clear that they are lost. They don't know what to do/what they should be doing. To me, this is a coaching issue. Michel Therrien looks lost behind the bench and it looks like he has lost the room. If the Habs are going to get back on the righ track, this is what my lines would be.

Bournival-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Briere-Eller-Bourque
Prust-X-Moen

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gorges
Beaulieu -Diaz

Hmm, Habs must have lost last game, right? Yep, thought so. :nod:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Habs don't need saving with a record of 49GP 27G 17L 5T 59PTS with a bunch of profits in the bank. That's the bottom line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad