How to revamp Colorado?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Not over but their big minute D are undersized. A team with big forwards who can skate and forecheck gives them troubles. Also gives them troubles on the rush and out front. Their core D men don’t have the strength and reach to get and maintain strong body position.

Yet ironically it's their "big" and "tough" and "defensive" defensemen that made the most egregious mistakes this serious, directly leading to critical goals against.

I think they do need to be more adaptable in terms of playstyle. But if Sakic wants to go all-in on the playstyle that made them successful this season, you have to actually go all-in. You can't have a coach who's gonna send in Graves/Nemeth when you have Byram and MacDonald in the press box.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Need to trade for some well needed grit. Maybe Dustin Brown for Mackinnon and some draft picks

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
A tiny move here or there might help, but they are one of the best teams in the league.

If they do get eliminated it’s more of a reflection on how much parity there is in the league, and how hard it is to win it all. I feel many fans lose sight of this fact.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Be curious to know how much impact Kadri would've had. He played real well last year in playoffs.

Then again that's the risk you have with Kadri

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Same deal I have been proposing for two years:

To Colorado
Kopitar at $2 million retained

To LA
Byram
Kadri
Compher

Colorado gets a ppg 2nd line center who takes all the key defensive shifts, reduces pressure on MacKinnon, and improves both the PP and PK while adding a two time Cup winner.

Kings get the dynamic puck moving LHD they badly need, a little grittier, and insulation for their developing centers. They also further cut the cord to their stale, stagnant core and allow their kids to take ownership of their team.

Everybody gets what they need, at a cost, and both organizations move towards their goals with a near wash on the cap (Colorado gains less than a million in space).

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

To Colorado

To LA
Byram
Kadri
Compher

Colorado gets a ppg 2nd line center who takes all the key defensive shifts, reduces pressure on MacKinnon, and improves both the PP and PK while adding a two time Cup winner.

Kings get the dynamic puck moving LHD they badly need, a little grittier, and insulation for their developing centers. They also further cut the cord to their stale, stagnant core and allow their kids to take ownership of their team.

Everybody gets what they need, at a cost, and both organizations move towards their goals with a near wash on the cap (Colorado gains less than a million in space).
Nah.

Reactions: 95snipes

Shinjuku Calling

Jun 20, 2017

To Colorado

To LA
Byram
Kadri
Compher

LMAO

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I said this before and I will say it again you get Seth Jones. The Avs need a big minute eater dman that can protect the net and shut down the other teams stars. That is Jones and that is exactly what Pietrangelo is doing for Vegas in this series.

They can figure a way to make the cap work but to me the missing piexe is Seth Jones.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Colorado doesn’t need an overhaul, they have the roster to compete for a cup. Imagine Tampa blowing up the team after being swept by Columbus.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Surprised there are this many Avs fans throwing in the towel. A friend of mine is a die hard and has already declared defeat.

The Avs are right there, these are normal growing pains. Makar & Girard are babies, the window is just opening.

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
They can still beat Vegas easily if they just fix the lines and get Compher off of 2C and replace him with somebody competent like Newhook but Bednar loves Compher so it's a no go. All they need is to have 4 good lines running again like they did when they went on that 20 game win streak. Compher going out with injury was the best thing to happen to this team this season since it forced Bednar's hand and Compher coming back f***ed it all up again. It also probably wouldn't hurt to get Byram but can't risk having rooks making mistakes that cost you the game, that's Bednar's guys job!

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Avs don't really have cap issues the next few seasons do they? Can't they just try and run it back with a similar crew like Tampa was doing until they broke through last year

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
Meh it's not that great, Toews makes 1 mil less and is better at everything. They can re-sign Saad with that money gone.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Surprised there are this many Avs fans throwing in the towel. A friend of mine is a die hard and has already declared defeat.

The Avs are right there, these are normal growing pains. Makar & Girard are babies, the window is just opening.
Imagine how those of us who lived through the whole Elway era feel about this.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Get rid of bums like Nemeth and Graves. That should do it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad