How to revamp Colorado?

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
They're not far away at all and honestly should have won this series already, just get rid of the dumbness (Graves, Kadri, Bednar) and the weak softness (Girard, Donskoi, Compher) and they'll be unbeatable. Compher at 2C isn't cutting it but Bednar will keep playing him there anyways. Have you tried Newhook?

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I don't think they're playing scared really. To me it's more like too much focus on offense and not enough attention to defensive detail. Now that could be on Bednar insisting on a heavy offensive push but i think they'd be a better playoff team playing a little more balanced style.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
series is not over yet and quite frankly in a normal season, this would actually be the Western finals. They did well enough to "could have won" game 5. But it's not over. Not sure why Graves is wrist shooting the puck onto Stones crotch 2 times in a row.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Just get it over with and trade the Oilers MacKinnon for James THE REAL DEAL Neal. This man is the type of veteran leadership your team needs to put them over the hump. Since he came to our line up the Oilers are undefeated when it comes to not advancing past the first round. You don't get the type of consistency with just any player. Looking for a different view of the game? Want some 3rd party analysis? He's got the team covered with no additional cost. This bad boy will give you a 3rd person bird's eye vantage point of team play straight from the press box.

We'll throw you a bone and take Makar off your hands too and in return give you Koskinen and a free ice cold handy for good measure.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I haven't seen a team this bad since the 74-75 Caps. All that talent and they are still in a series in the playoffs, it's pathetic. How are they supposed to come back and win, when the series they are in is still going? Probably some kind of league conspiracy against this team.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Despite the additions the team hasn't changed at all since last year.

It's a team built for the regular season. A slightly better Leafs. Yeah it's fun to watch but it gets countered quite easily in the playoffs by heavier teams that put constant pressure on the puck.

This team gets stomped out in the playoffs. Teams that win the cup need players that can do the dirty work, and grind out dirty goals. I've been saying this about this team for years. Tampa figured it out last year. Washington finally figured it out after all those years their high octane offense won them regular season accolades.

Bednar's system isn't going to win a cup and the depth players Sakic brought in to play that system need to go.

This. Avs need more grit. A lot of skill but not much sandpaper on the team.

The good news is they can do a lot through free agency this summer.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'm not even a Leafs fan, but that hasn't stopped people from dumping all over them even before this most recent playoff exit. Only this year, I would have said the Leafs were definitive favourites and you can point to similar issues they've had the past few years as to why they couldn't get it done. I could say "Oh, this year, they lost because Tavares and Muzzin weren't available in Game 7" or "They had to play Boston two years in a row because of playoff format". At the end of the day, no one cares about the excuses, it just matters they didn't get it done.

I'd argue the Avs are even worse than the Leafs because the Avs are way more talented. The Avs potentially have:
- 3 defenseman who might finish in the top 10 in Norris Voting
- 2 guys who might finish in the top 10 in Hart Voting
- Two guys in the top 10 in NHL Scoring
- A goalie who is a Vezina finalist

If they lose to Vegas, how can I not say that is a choke when they started with a 2-0 lead and are way more talented than any team in the playoffs, barring maybe a healthy Tampa team?

RE the previous series, I would have been pissed off if I was an Avs fan about those too. I am a Stars fan, the Avs should have smoked us that series on paper. We looked awful in the round robin games, we were Jekyll and Hyde in the Calgary series and we were playing the entire playoffs without our Vezina calibre goalie and our best forward basically playing with one working leg. Forget how they lost in the end, the Avs shouldn't have even let the Stars jump out to a 3-1 lead in the first place.

If the Avs lose this series, this is two years running where they are the most talented team in the NHL and can't get out of the 2nd round and three years overall...

Aka a lazy take where context doesn't matter. It's dumb.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
You'd of thought they got swept in the first round Edmonton style with a thread title like this.

People love to overreact. You'd have thought the Lightning should've stripped the team bare after they got swept in 2019. Instead they realized that's a f***ing moronic idea and stayed the course with minimal changes because they had one of the best teams ever and they cruised to a Cup the following year

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
First off this thread is too soon which makes sense coming from an Av's troll. Still in it. Second, they are playing the team that tied with them for first in NHL points. This isn't some choke job lol. It was always going to be a hard series that was close to a coin flip. Do nothing dramatic this offseason.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
They win the next two games and then the "Where does Vegas go now?" thread pops up....
Which would be a more relevant question because Vegas I think is a bit more in the "win now" mode than Avs.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Which would be a more relevant question because Vegas I think is a bit more in the "win now" mode than Avs.
Just saying it's the same thread every time a team loses in the playoffs - answer being - they will try to get better, make some moves if necessary and play hockey again next year in hopes of winning a cup.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Not over yet technically, but Kadri has to go. Completely hung his team out to dry.
Rb9939c3756b822fe44a0d0cd43bc6657

Reactions: AvsCOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->